NHY 581

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, br2975 said:

See you Sunday, Squire !

I shall look forward to it. 

• Like 1

Saw Sheep Dip (and Rob) at the Cardiff Show today. It was even more impressive than the pictures on this tread 😀

I particularly like the fact that it is well lit - something that could not be said of all the layouts at the show.

Dave

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Danemouth said:

Saw Sheep Dip (and Rob) at the Cardiff Show today. It was even more impressive than the pictures on this tread 😀

I particularly like the fact that it is well lit - something that could not be said of all the layouts at the show.

Dave

Poor lighting really hacks me off...just saying...

Anyway...Rob's layout looked good - as normal...

My Fots of eveything are here....click on the fot...

Chris H

Cardiff Model Railway Exhibition

• Like 13
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, mervyn said:

Great to see your layout at the show today Rob it really is art ! and thanks for confirming my theory on Bachmann 08s !😄

Morning Mervyn, 

It was lovely to meet you and thank you for those very kind words.  I'm so glad you liked the trainset ! 

A few visitors commented not only on how well the 08 runs but also how much "finer" the Hornby offering looks. It's a pleasure to operate as well. The Bachmann model is also very nice but for me, the Hornby offering just has that edge. Hence the reason for moving on my Bachmann examples..

Rob

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

A few visitors commented not only on how well the 08 runs but also how much "finer" the Hornby offering looks. It's a pleasure to operate as well. The Bachmann model is also very nice but for me, the Hornby offering just has that edge. Hence the reason for moving on my Bachmann examples..

The Hornby model trumps the market currently, hence why it’s quite hard to get hold of a decent example.

It’ll be interesting to see how the new Bachmann example compares when it’s out in a few weeks time.

Thanks Rob it really was a privilege to see you artistry in the flesh ,and not just photos on here ,as I said it didn't need movement it really is a picture on its own ,! Top modelling and having the eye to see a standard gauge use for the slate engine shed is superb, will stop and have a longer chat next time I see you out and about in the Principality ....Just a bit miffed there were no bacon n egg banjos  and brews available at "the rink"...maybe next year ,will have a word with young Brian of this parish !  🙂

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, mervyn said:

Thanks Rob it really was a privilege to see you artistry in the flesh ,and not just photos on here ,as I said it didn't need movement it really is a picture on its own ,! Top modelling and having the eye to see a standard gauge use for the slate engine shed is superb, will stop and have a longer chat next time I see you out and about in the Principality ....Just a bit miffed there were no bacon n egg banjos  and brews available at "the rink"...maybe next year ,will have a word with young Brian of this parish !  🙂

Hi Mervyn, 

Yes, starting the day off in a traditional manner was sadly not possible. 

Anyway, here's a vidjo of the show courtesy of Bob Masterman.....

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Hi Mervyn, 

Yes, starting the day off in a traditional manner was sadly not possible. 

Anyway, here's a vidjo of the show courtesy of Bob Masterman.....

Looked like a decent show and nice to see a few familiar faces. Disappointed you weren’t wearing a retina burning shirt though @NHY 581  

Jay

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, JustinDean said:

Looked like a decent show and nice to see a few familiar faces. Disappointed you weren’t wearing a retina burning shirt though @NHY 581  

Jay

Hi Jay, Yes, I was somewhat subdued. Shirts currently in Cyprus with NHY Minor. 

• Friendly/supportive 5

Hiya Rob,

Nice to see Sheep Dip yesterday and to catch up. I can't believe that was my first show in 3 years!

Really liked the 08. You should be really pleased with how that turned out, I still can't believe it's mostly weathered with powders.

Thanks for the chat about all things grassy and bushy too, I was only joking when I said you can do mine but if you ever have time for a little tutorial.😉

Cheers,

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Wayne 37901 said:

Hiya Rob,

Nice to see Sheep Dip yesterday and to catch up. I can't believe that was my first show in 3 years!

Really liked the 08. You should be really pleased with how that turned out, I still can't believe it's mostly weathered with powders.

Thanks for the chat about all things grassy and bushy too, I was only joking when I said you can do mine but if you ever have time for a little tutorial.😉

Cheers,

Morning Wayne, 

Good to see you and thanks for driving Sheep Dip for a bit. I had quite a few nice things said about the 08.

20220821_153100-01.jpeg.d567fa780a5210901a76033d08a145ee.jpeg

No problem with doing yours or talking you through a few things, just let me know and I'd be happy to oblige. Drop me a line or give me a ring when you're ready. 

Cheers, 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
Imarge added
  • Like 8
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Another aspect of Sheep Dip that prompted comment was the revision to the fiddly area re-shuffling table, the  F.A.R.T  Mk2a. 

20220820_100055-01.jpeg.aae427d42fd754aa56e943c02f989ce3.jpeg

An extention was added following the Exeter exhibition though I am unable to adequately explain why I left it until last Friday before the show to do..........

20220821_090609-02.jpeg.0ed943aa7e362c2b42be238f700248d3.jpeg

A little bit Titanicesque one feels......

20220820_100102-01.jpeg.f3111fa72bad9d084336c32125ca6301.jpeg

Rob. 

Handrails for the little people as well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

No problem with doing yours or talking you through a few things, just let me know and I'd be happy to oblige. Drop me a line or give me a ring when you're ready. 

Cheers, 

Rob. 

Hi Rob,

No problem on the driving, I rarely turn down the chance to have a drive of another layout for a bit.

That would be great thanks, I have some leave next month so might aim to get it done then. 

Cheers,

Wayne

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Where's Idris?

Morning John, 

Ivor was built by a really clever young man whose name utterly escaped me. All done by way of 3D printing............and yes, he had also produced an Idris but had left him at home. 

Idris had been made in such a way so as to be a nice snug  fit in Ivor's chimney........🤔

There are plans afoot for the prints to be made available on a commercial basis, once he's happy with the quality of the print and the running. 

Rob  

Edited by NHY 581
Sausage hooves
  • Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 2