NHY 581

Or just wait for something else to fall on the floor and then decide that yes I do have to get down there now.

I leave the figuring of how to get back up until I've got down. No point in worrying about something until you get to it. That way I don't over tax the brain cell.

• Funny 5

None of us have any control over when we drop off the twig. I'm simply determined to keep active until that happens. The alternative is to reach middle age and sit around waiting to die, which I've seen a number of people do.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

3 hours ago, RodneyS said:

True.  That's also why things get heavier.

Rodney

Has somebody let NASA know as they could save themselves an awful lot of effort by just sending up a couple of toddlers instead. Think of how many panniers that's worth.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

32 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

None of us have any control over when we drop off the twig. I'm simply determined to keep active until that happens. The alternative is to reach middle age and sit around waiting to die, which I've seen a number of people do.

But not too active.

The Memsahib is a fitness instructor, she's not yet reached the golden period of being over 50 but:

• Shoulder has a tear somewhere that only an operation may partially repair
  • Waiting on MRI for her spine, her description "it doesn't feel like it's attached to my legs"
  • Body is full of internal crunches whenever she moves
  • Spends more time on rehab than she does actually exercising now
  • Friendly/supportive 17

That sounds like a good old case of "jogger's knees". 

I've no intention of running marathons or that kind of thing. I keep active though, if I have to go somewhere I walk or cycle, even taking one of the motorbikes out isn't just a case of sitting there. It's quite a workout controlling a seventy odd year old machine for any length of time. I make sure that I walk or cycle somewhere every day and we don't eat much junk. Despite having a car now, my other half tends to walk or cycle everywhere she can and watches what she eats, she has the same attitude that I did at her age, doesn't want to hit thirty and just let everything slide.

Too much exercise can be as bad as too little. My friends wife has taken to running and at 57 is still running fifteen miles every Sunday morning. It's not actually doing her any good, but she's hooked on it.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

An hour of football on a Saturday morning with my lad at the Disability Football, family walk for an hour or so on a Sunday pushing the grandson in his pram around Trelissick Garden South walk, and an hour of seniors football on a Monday night. 

Takes me all week to recover...

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold

My personal trainer overseas my exercise regime. She is a cocker spaniel , just had her 13th  birthday so she knows what is best for aging joints. Plus she loves lying on pub floors while I enjoy a pint.

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

You're going with the taking the dog for a walk (to the pub) fitness regime I see.

I could never get away with that, my last dog was an utter loon until he simply keeled over one day at almost sixteen.

He did like a drink though, very partial to alcopops, peach schnapps  and single malt.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 26/02/2022 at 12:58, Stubby47 said:

So this is why you wanted to organise the layouts for SWAG Taunton, to make sure you got enough room.

I got book 2, really like the brewery yard layout in there. I'm sure I've seen it built and on the exhibiting circuit somewhere.

15 hours ago, woodenhead said:

But not too active.

The Memsahib is a fitness instructor, she's not yet reached the golden period of being over 50 but:

• Shoulder has a tear somewhere that only an operation may partially repair
  • Waiting on MRI for her spine, her description "it doesn't feel like it's attached to my legs"
  • Body is full of internal crunches whenever she moves
  • Spends more time on rehab than she does actually exercising now

Having trained and played football all my life I understand that. Unfortunately fitness isn't something I do, it is me and I'm finding it it really frustrating having to slow down! 

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all, 

An update to the above, 

Bleat Wharf is confirmed at the Penarth show. Details will follow but from the website.....

"The 2022 Penarth Exhibition will be held on the weekend of July 2nd and 3rd at St Cyres School, Penarth"

Rob. 

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Afternoon all, 

An update to the above, 

Bleat Wharf is confirmed at the Penarth show. Details will follow but from the website.....

"The 2022 Penarth Exhibition will be held on the weekend of July 2nd and 3rd at St Cyres School, Penarth"

Rob. 

Nuisance - over a mile's walk from any of the three nearest stations -'buses??

• RMweb Gold
On 01/03/2022 at 14:27, The Stationmaster said:

Nuisance - over a mile's walk from any of the three nearest stations -'buses??

1160167212_Screenshot_20220301-150302_SamsungInternet.jpg.63421da7578ba9640614326ec373f14b.jpg

There seems to be a few services tgat stop outside, Mike. 

This is just one of them. Looks as if it collects close to Cogan as well as central Cardiff. 

I'll look into it cliser to the date of the expo. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Afternoon all, 

An update to the above, 

Rob. 

I will be there with the 247 stand

• Like 4