NHY 581

• RMweb Gold

However the Ruston is a blinder. A must have but I have no doubt the Captains example will be the standard for Hornby to reach.

Thanks for the kind comment, but might there be a bit of confusionishness going on here? I've not actually built a Ruston kit, not as yet, anyway. I do have a kit of the larger 88DS to do, but my existing 48DS (in P4) was built by someone else and purchased by me, when the builder decided he didn't want it any more.

Were you perhaps thinking of the Roxey Planet, old chap?

• RMweb Premium

US has same problem. Ground beef called shepherd's pie.   Maybe they should call it "cowboy" pie. Although that is too close to dropping the boy. Or is it adding a dropping....Lamb, sheep, mutton meat is disliked by the typical yank.

Interesting. Down here, lamb is the quintessential Australian meat - a legacy of the wool business that dominated Australian economics in the late 19th/early 20th centuries - which makes the shepherd's pie situation strange.

Edited by St Enodoc

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the kind comment, but might there be a bit of confusionishness going on here? I've not actually built a Ruston kit, not as yet, anyway. I do have a kit of the larger 88DS to do, but my existing 48DS (in P4) was built by someone else and purchased by me, when the builder decided he didn't want it any more.

Were you perhaps thinking of the Roxey Planet, old chap?

Er........yes. My mistake. I got me Rustons an'me Planets transferted......As long as these Ruston jobbies behave like wot yer Captains Planet do then we is on a winner, Guvnor and nar mistake.

Strike a light.

Rob.

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well, now that all the froth has subsided I can plan potential purchases....

Hornby - Big Peckett and a couple of brake vans.

Bachmann - The 1P x a few, some wagons and possibly a Pannier but those slate buildings look intriguing....

Kernow - L&SWR road vans.......possibly another O2....

Dapol-K14 boilered B4 and the small matter of the O gauge 14xx....

That should do it..........

Rob

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

.....but those slate buildings look intriguing....

Rob

Anything to do with Alice?

Must say the Works For cat looks suitably in charge...

• RMweb Gold

One week to go and Sheep Lane continues to be tweaked. A replacement back scene is on the cards today......subject to any diversionary tactics from the Memsahib.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Sheepy is ready to go now really. A couple of minor detailing bits left to do.

Here is a photo of a 16T mineral at Sheep Lane and a recently tweaked van on Mutton.

Rob.

post-14122-0-83295800-1548009900_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-68879800-1548009927_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Juke Box Jury; you're giving your age away.  So am I...

with dementia setting in... Programme twas "Thank your Lucky Stars". JBJ was "Hit or Miss".

P (Who was only a baby at the time but me granny had the light programme on the radiogramme continuously).

• RMweb Gold

You need a load inside the 16t - the lack of internal detail shows up too much.

Only because you've now drawn our attention to it!  :P   :jester:

And the roof of the van is very uniform.

Nothing wrong with a nice, smart uniform, don't'ja'know?

• RMweb Gold

In any case, perhaps what is needed are a number of specimen wagons that feature the internal door detail, which won't receive removable coal loads?

It seems to me that one way to achieve this consistently would be to make up a brass or plasticard jig, to scribe the necessary door detail in each wagon.