Β 

Tilley Yard South, Chicago, Winter 1956

2 more cars finish in the 6 car work set.

Β 

20160524_231355.jpg

Β 

Kitchen and Bunk cars. Just need couplers. After this is the Blacksmith car. Could really do with a MOW caboose, but the prices are over Β£35, plus shipping from the US!

• Like 2

just waiting on a message to secure a second loco and hopper car then I'm almost done with what I want

If only it was that simple! I have far too much already, but because I model Chicago I can realistically get away with a very large number of different railroads. And I love boxcars, so combine the two and I end up with a lot of boxcars. I have at least one from the following railroads:

Β 

ATSF, UP, CNW, CBQ, CIM, New Haven, NYC, READING, CIL (MONON) and Nickel Plate (New York, Chicago and St. Louis). I'm sure there are more to get!

When there's so many different types of boxcars, i definitely understand the attraction. Fortunatley for me, I've not seen any evidence of my favourite shortline, The Alexander Railroad, having any boxcars in their own livery. Should such evidence appear then i'd have to attempt to model it :)

I think I'm going to be temporarily laying track/digging through supplies for kadees tonight. I still have my Bowser kit here, but with two more items of rolling stock on the way, I really need to focus on being able to run something. I'm just glad I am not exhibiting next week, just spectating.Β 

I love exhibiting especially at TVNAM. Everyone is just so friendly and because it is specifically North American you generally get a different kind of punter. Nick always does a bloody good job of getting it all together.

I'd love to be there, but a friend of mine is having a birthday celebration that day, so I can't make it. :(

Β 

We just keep missing each other, Rob!

Β 

Daniel Beresford! Shame on you!Β  :nono:Β  Don't you know TVNAM is more important than ANY birthday celebration!Β  :jester:

Β 

No, that's fair mate. I'll let you off....this time.

Β 

Looks good for me to be there this year, so can hopefully catch up on how this has developed since Farnham.

Β 

It has changed quite a bit since Farnham, and I have got much, much hairier.

Haha! I did consider the Bachmann one briefly before I saw that Athearn were releasing their own version, and knowing Bachmann's track record with prototype inaccuracies ( such as that the ATSF version of the crane should not have the small caboose on the tender car), I think going with Athearn was the better bet.Β 

Β 

Some Bachmann stuff is OK (the S4 being pretty good) and I have 2 boxcars from them.

Edited by Robatron86