Tilley Yard South, Chicago, Winter 1956

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to hear the sad news.

Its not an easy time. We lost Dad last year and two close freinds since (one who helped at virtually all our shows till he took ill) so I have an idea what you must be going through at the moment.  Do you best to do something you enjoy even if its only for very short periods.

All the best

Ian

• RMweb Gold

My mother passed away on the 11th of September and my plan to keep myself busy has now failed. I can no longer keep my mind focused. She was only 64. Rest in peace mum.

Commiserations Rob.

Take your time to come to terms with things and return to modelling when you feel ready.

Regards,

Mark

I always enjoy reading the updates about Tilley-s-Yard.  Great layout. 

Rob - the loss of a loved one is always a time of turmoil in ones life, to be endured , and eventually accepted - but it is also a perfectly normal part of life, and I can promise you that the hurt does fade - though it will never vanish completely .Be happy that you know she was loved, and remember the good times..

Edited by shortliner

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am still working on the layout (exhibition next weekend!). Been wiring in various droppers as I had some dead spots. Two vehicles now have headlights. Front fascias added. Gaps in the roadway filled with Milliput. Busy busy busy! 

• Like 2

Oh no....another pre order has come in.

ATH29215.jpg

(Picture courtesy of Athearn)

I'm picking it up Saturday

Also a ATSF PA/PB set has been pre ordered for next year...

09100000010063_big.jpg

All singing, all dancing. Due for release in May, which is my birthday, and it's my 30th.  :sungum:

(Picture courtesy of Walthers)

Edited by Robatron86
  • Like 2

To my eyes the PA is the finest looking diesel locomotive ever built. I have a Proto 2000 model of one in ATSF warbonnet on display in my living room, which isn't something many train related things are permitted to be.

E and F units aren't far behind, though.

To my eyes the PA is the finest looking diesel locomotive ever built. I have a Proto 2000 model of one in ATSF warbonnet on display in my living room, which isn't something many train related things are permitted to be.

E and F units aren't far behind, though.

I actually prefer the early E-units (E3-E6) with the swept-back noses. I always found the PA to be too blunt in the nose.

Adrian

I wonder how much of my view of the PA is paint scheme driven. They looked pretty average when painted white with the red and blue stripes by Amtrak.

The swept back E units are my favourite of EMDs efforts.

Yes, Warbonnet in particular really suited the PAs, in both its ATSF and D&H versions.

Adrian

Well, I had an unexpected day off today, so went and rescued the F units. And a couple of Walthers Budd carriages. And an Athearn piggy back flat wagon.

So F unit A and B 37 flies through with the El Capitan whilst Alco HH1000 2312 waits with the piggy back out of the way.

20151001_160832.jpg

• Like 4

Do come say hello. Always a pleasure to meet fellow rm webbers.

So last full day working on the layout before the weekend.

I re-did the fascia as it was not straight, nor were the letters!

20151008_163437.jpg

And plenty of odd little jobs. General overview.

20151008_163642.jpg

20151008_163617.jpg

Just praying it runs well on the day!

• Like 4