Wiring a 3 aspect Signal

Trainsrgr8

Hello everyone.

Just a bit of advice i need really, a freind is making some 3 aspect signals for me and i am unsre of to how i am going to wire them. I am running simple DC and want to just be able to operate the signal from a switch (preferably a toggle switch).

If anoyone could show me a simple wiring diagram and if anyone has a link to a suitable switch to go with a plan then could you please let me know? Furtherore if maplins do a suitable switch could someone tell me as i am going there at the weekend anyway so could pick them up then!

Any help much appretiated!

Danny

I tried Maplin and they didn't have anything in stock.

For a three aspect signal you need on/on/on - and they do on/off/on but not an always on, 3 way switch.

If you search on Ebay for "On/On/On switch" you'll find various packs - usually from the far east, really cheap but expensive postage, that should do the job.

Whether you prefer a toggle switch or slide switch is entirely your choice, both area available.

There'll be one tag which is the "input" tag, then three "output" tags, one for each aspect of the colour light signal. You may need to experiment to find out which is which, as wiring is different - but as long as you have the relevant resistors in the circuit, and you're running on the correct voltage as specified by your signal manufacturer, the worst that should happen is the wrong lights come on so just resolder the connections the right way round.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Danny,

pic below - and does correct aspect control, the dark wire is one side of the supply and you can run a common from the other side of the lamps / leds to the other side of the supply.

post-6662-12654550962741_thumb.jpg

B)

Archived