Oxfordrail - Adams Radial

John M Upton

Here's a frothometer update. By the time I look at Friday's total's the announcement will likely be made, there's little more than 26 hours to go and little more to say.

I think we had a bit of late-onset doggerel debility in the last couple of days, but thankfully the madrigal is at last compleat.

post-1819-0-87183700-1415380809_thumb.png

• Like 8

Now,....Look you, Boy-oh..... Them's peaks and troughs remind me / look too much like the mountains and valleys of the land of Owen......Isn't it ?

Are you sure there's no Land of my Fathers blood within you ?, Dai bach ?

Edited by Ceptic
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Now,....Look you, Boy-oh..... Them's peaks and troughs remind me / look too much like the mountains and valleys of the land of Owen......Isn't it ?

I don't have a land that I know of ????

well apart from the land of Towie init

Owen

(Essex and Proud)

will it be a working model or a die cast one?

Any one notice 12v has appeared so we have 00 gauge trains with 12v electrics. Time is moving on fast - launch date advanced by at least a week since the frothing began.

It (they) could be both working and die cast....or partially cast like many Bachmann and recent Hornby. (and indeed Oxford's road vehicles)

RP

• RMweb Gold

I am thinking are we getting a First World War themed model?

There do seem to be a few references herein....

His past is hidden from me now.

But be quite clear I make this vow.

To find the truth of why he went (Volunteered to go, like so many others)

Those buried thoughts that he has sent. (Letters sent from the front)

The steam, the dust, which filled his eyes.

The coal, the sweat, that made him cry. (References to previous employment?)

The heat, the smoke, which made him die.

Oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why...

Who is this man that I can't see.

Who is this man who lives in me?

His life was short and didn't last. (Like many killed or missing)

An engine driver from the past.

How did he look - was he strong.

Did he die, or am I wrong? (Missing presumed killed?)

The truth is there for me to find.

And so this story will unwind.

His orphan son, who fathered me.

The orphan son I didn't see.

The past unknown for far too long

So now I'll try to right that wrong

I bare my soul to all of you.

For all these things that I will do.

To bring to you these things in me.

From both these men I'll never see.

We shall see in a bit, no doubt....Oxford do make military models and then there is the timing of the announcement. ...

Rob

Edited by nhy581

• RMweb Premium

This marketing introduction has caused a lot of interest and accompanying hype and froth, perhaps more than Oxfordrail anticipated. The only concern must be surely, that the anticipation and expectations that have now been raised might lead to a certain amount of disappointment when things don't turn out to be as expected, which is always possible. I do hope for Oxford's sake that this doesn't end up being the case.

Izzy

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 1

Here's a frothometer update. By the time I look at Friday's total's the announcement will likely be made, there's little more than 26 hours to go and little more to say.

I think we had a bit of late-onset doggerel debility in the last couple of days, but thankfully the madrigal is at last compleat.

attachicon.gifoxfordrail.png

Isn't that the gradient profile of the Somerset and Dorset?  :jester: 

So what are the odds on their website crashing at midday as everyone tries to see that the announcement is. Followed by RMWEB crashing monuments later as everyone tries to complain about the site crashing.

Or will there be an overload of froth?

Not long before we find out.

Oxford Diecast publish an annual review which includes photos/references to almost all their diecast models from Day 1. The review published recently includes the following statement from Lyndon Davies (also known as Taff). "Oxford continue to develop new product. As part of this process we will look in more detail at specific markets, adding products to meet their local needs. It is inevitable that we will look at new scales and subject matter.  Our aim is to compete in all sectors of the diecast market, in all scales and in all countries".

Hopefully the same policy will apply in the model rail market. Roll on the French N gauge models.

By the way Lyndon Davies is the author of a number of childrens books using the pseudonym "William Smith".

• Like 1