Diesel Hydraulic Era O Gauge Garden Railway (Steve Beattie Class 22)

Hi Phill,

Nice to see the juxtaposition of kettles and diesels - Im loving that.

I am very envious - looks like great fun!

ATVB

CME

Hi Phill,

Looks like you had a good running day, the 9F does look very nice. But I am glad to see the diesels back.

Cheers Peter.

Yes running days are great fun & some very nice models came out to play :locomotive: ..........but back in my early 1970's time warp is great fun too !..................well it is for me at least?  :scratchhead:  :sarcastichand:  :mosking:

Back to the workbench, I'm currently converting passenger & parcel bogie stock to Kaydee's  :O

Phill  :)

Edited by Phill Dyson (onslaught832)
  • Like 2

Yes running days are great fun & some very nice models came out to play :locomotive: ..........but back in my early 1970's time warp is great fun too !..................well it is for me at least?  :scratchhead:  :sarcastichand:  :mosking:

Back to the workbench, I'm currently converting passenger & parcel bogie stock to Kaydee's  :O

I bet it was. :yes:

Looking forward to seeing the NPGS progress.

ATVB

CME :)

All looking good Phill, here's a new bit of West Country  diesel hydraulicery from last night - bee barp!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKrxWuMocMk

Video and locomotive by Andrew Vines, it is very believable.

Simon

Weathered blue 22 looks great Simon........like the MK1's too !   :sungum:

No pics to show from me at the moment, I have Kadee'd 10 coaches & have another 13 to do  :O

Phill  :locomotive:

• RMweb Premium

Phil, great layout, very atmospheric and subtle hints of Illfracombe.

Hope you don't mind me asking but what version of the Kadees are you using on your stock?

Weathered blue 22 looks great Simon........like the MK1's too !   :sungum:

No pics to show from me at the moment, I have Kadee'd 10 coaches & have another 13 to do  :O

Hi Phill, nice work, can we have some photos of the KD's fitted to the coaches please?

Hymek D7054 the last surviving Hymek in original green livery with small yellow warning panels arrives at Withercombe 'light engine'

attachicon.gif20150726_200759.jpg

That's so realistic - what year would that be?

ATVB

Phil, great layout, very atmospheric and subtle hints of Illfracombe.

Hope you don't mind me asking but what version of the Kadees are you using on your stock?

Thanks 2ManySpams, I'm pleased that you can see the Ilfracombe branch influence & of course I'm glad to answer any questions I can about the line.

The Kadee's I'm using are #743 which have short plastic gearboxes with metal buckeyes...which is the best of both worlds for me. I am replacing all my previous single link couplings on bogie stock, these worked fine but in practice were a real pain to couple/uncouple under corridor connections......... all freight stock will remain as before using good old 3 links.

post-6992-0-58475400-1438712147.png

Cheers Phill 

That's so realistic - what year would that be?

ATVB

This loco runs in the period 1969  to September 1972 representing the last years of the Warships & a mix of old & new livery's, the other later period I am doing is the summer 1974 to March 1975 representing corporate blue & the last years of the Hymeks :)

• Like 1

Here's one of the MK2a's in for repair with Kadee #743's fitted, I hope this helps ?

attachicon.gif20150804_191847.jpg

attachicon.gif20150804_191858.jpg

Phill :)

Hi Phill, :)

Thanks any photos of the underside - did you use the KD 'pockets'? Im still puzzling on how best to couple coaches as the curves in the garden are 5.5'-6', I could use the Bachmann mini TL's, wire or KD's...

This loco runs in the period 1969  to September 1972 representing the last years of the Warships & a mix of old & new livery's, the other later period I am doing is the summer 1974 to March 1975 representing corporate blue & the last years of the Hymeks :)

Thanks again. My layout will have a myriad of liveries too and I was thinking the other day that such would have been very akin to my time on the railways in the early - late 1990s. Some things never change and how time flies!

ATVB

The branch is now in  the process of getting a second station, this will be a small halt which I think will be called 'Cunric' which will be served by local stopping services & some mainline services.

post-6992-0-79274700-1438813008.jpg

post-6992-0-41415400-1438813943.jpg

The platform has been cobbled together from scrap UPVC acquired from skips.

I do already have a etch brass station building, but this is decidedly GWR ........so a cunning plan may have to be invoked? ............ to make it feel at home on a ex-SR Withered Arm branch line (any ideas/excuses are welcome :)  )

Cheers Phill  :locomotive:

• Like 7

Here you go .......

attachicon.gif20150805_162755-001.jpg

Phill 

Thanks Phill, nice and neat - helpful too!

The branch is now in  the process of getting a second station, this will be a small halt which I think will be called 'Cunric' which will be served by local stopping services & some mainline services.

attachicon.gif20150805_143555.jpg

attachicon.gif20150805_143547.jpg

The platform has been cobbled together from scrap UPVC acquired from skips.

I do already have a etch brass station building, but this is decidedly GWR ........so a cunning plan may have to be invoked? ............ to make it feel at home on a ex-SR Withered Arm branch line (any ideas/excuses are welcome :)  )

Cheers Phill  :locomotive:

Nice work Phill, not sure how you square the station issue?

I have a Heljan Victorian Station for the day when I may get to add a station outdoors, yet like yours it doesnt quite fit in?

Looking forward to seeing more soon.

Kindest,

CME

Thanks Phill, nice and neat - helpful too!

Nice work Phill, not sure how you square the station issue?

I have a Heljan Victorian Station for the day when I may get to add a station outdoors, yet like yours it doesnt quite fit in?

Looking forward to seeing more soon.

Kindest,

CME

No I'm not sure either Martin, I will post a pic of the building later (Culkerton GWR http://s996.photobucket.com/user/stuart666_2010/media/Western%20Rails/Culkerton01.jpg.html) ..........Toller now re-sited on the South Devon Railway was a BR(SR) version, but this was on a GWR branch which was absorbed in to the Southern Region.

I picked up one of those Heljan Stn buildings cheaply for Withercombe's building but decided on a scratch build as it wasn't worth the effort IMHO ;)

No I'm not sure either Martin, I will post a pic of the building later (Culkerton GWR http://s996.photobucket.com/user/stuart666_2010/media/Western%20Rails/Culkerton01.jpg.html) ..........Toller now re-sited on the South Devon Railway was a BR(SR) version, but this was on a GWR branch which was absorbed in to the Southern Region.

I picked up one of those Heljan Stn buildings cheaply for Withercombe's building but decided on a scratch build as it wasn't worth the effort IMHO ;)

All the best

Phill  treeswing.gif

Hi Phill,

Like the swing LOL :mosking:  :derisive:

I know what you mean.

A keen eye such as yours will be able to add some southernesque details with a deft bit of fettling - although Culkerton is very GWR/WR.

I always supposed that the garden section of Down Ampney would be Southern and the Signal Box for the viaduct area is a conversion of a US spec Box which looks very Southernesque and was cheap (plus its lit - if I can be bothered) and made for outdoor use. :) I am in the process of Anglicising it a little.

ATVB

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher
  • Like 1