Croydon North Street - NSE 3rd Rail 1980s/90s

Pete 75C

• RMweb Gold

So Harris Academy has banned three legitimate English words: like, extra and bare. Are the pupils students supposed to use these words: Same as, more and naked instead?

Additionally this particular 'academy'  seems to dislike opening sentences with a sub ordinate clause. 

• RMweb Premium

Additionally this particular 'academy'  seems to dislike opening sentences with a sub ordinate clause. 

:offtopic:

I went to state school in the 1970s and 1980s, consequently I was never taught any grammar so the phrase "subordinate clause" has gone over my head!

Think I'll start a grammar thread on WT in case anyone's interested....

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/97973-improving-understanding-of-grammar-in-adulthood/

Edited by Welly
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Wrong size, wrong region, right era. Tell me why I want it! Quite honestly I would love it from my heart but like you I enjoy building over playing. I wish you luck with the sale, if I had more disposable money at the mo it might have nudged me over to 4mm! The thought of building its extension tempts me somewhat...

Thanks guys. It's only an hour and a half since I posted and I've had a couple of firm offers by PM already, much appreciated. It can't go anywhere for about 3 weeks, so there's no rush.

Well, that was quick! North Street has a new owner. It was bugging me that someone on RMWeb contacted me months ago expressing interest if it was ever for sale. In the spirit of "first come, first served", I thought it only fair to do a little digging back through my messages. Contact was made, an offer put on the table, and I've accepted it. Thanks for all the expressions of interest since yesterday, I was a little paranoid that no-one would want it! It's not my place to say who's bought it, but I have seen his work on RMWeb and it is quite frankly, stunning.

North Street has another photo opportunity in a couple of weeks, and at the same time, I'll take some pictures too and post them on the thread before the layout is collected shortly afterwards.

Now time to crack on with West Croydon!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Looking very good Pete, good luck with the Photo Shoot, I missed who it's with, please enlighten if you would.

Thanks Andy. I guess there's no reason it should be a secret. Mike Wild and Mark Chivers from Hornby Magazine came over to shoot the layout back in January and it was in the March issue. I had exchanged messages with Andy Y at about the same time and he wanted to shoot it for a future BRM. We weren't able to finalise a date until just recently. I don't think it will be in BRM anytime soon though.

Edited by Pete 75C
  • Like 5

A huge thank you to Pete for his hospitality today; I think we gassed non-stop! Great fun.

North Street is rather special really; it's all stuff anyone could do but so few do do. It really does come together superbly well.

Feature1s.jpg

If you think the sky's too blue it was even better outside today!

B12s.jpg

• Like 19

Thanks for making the trip Andy. Looking forward to seeing the mag. North Street is all packed away now and I certainly will miss it. Thank God I've got something else to be getting on with! Hopefully this thread can be carried on as and when the new owner is ready.

A big THANK YOU for all the advice, comments and general loony banter in the relatively short time since I began building North Street - all very much appreciated!

Pete.

• Like 6

Thanks Andy. I guess there's no reason it should be a secret. Mike Wild and Mark Chivers from Hornby Magazine came over to shoot the layout back in January and it was in the March issue. I had exchanged messages with Andy Y at about the same time and he wanted to shoot it for a future BRM. We weren't able to finalise a date until just recently. I don't think it will be in BRM anytime soon though.

Hi Peter, If its been in Hornby I will dig it out for another read, and also watch out for the BRM on, Andy is such a great guy and a fantastic photographer as well.

Looking very good.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been waiting for you to show your face Daz, I've known for a few weeks now that it was heading to Dorset! Let me know when you're having a session.. :locomotive:

Enjoy it, it looks  a cracking layout. 

Cheers Scott, Thats fine mate as soon as she is up and running and I have made a few tweek's I will give you a shout  :telephone:  Thats another national treasure we have in Dorset now  :good:

All the best

Darren NSE DAZ

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

as soon as she is up and running and I have made a few tweek's

Or you could bring it up here and we can have two layouts to play with? Are you doing Swanage by the way?

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 2