The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Weather pics

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Keeping an eye on this, as I will be there in 3 weeks time.http://nordkapp.kystnor.no/   It was so foggy yesterday that you could barely see the roof of the visitor centre. Hoping it will be better on the 18th October.

There seems to be something adrift with the little compass thingy in the top right of the screen - looks to be about 90 degrees out of sync with the view as the road runs more or less due south of the camera position and there is only sea to the north.

• RMweb Premium

There seems to be something adrift with the little compass thingy in the top right of the screen - looks to be about 90 degrees out of sync with the view as the road runs more or less due south of the camera position and there is only sea to the north.

Noticed that the other day. At the moment I am deciding which of my Hawaiian shirts to take for the obligatory selfie when I get there.

• RMweb Gold

Noticed that the other day. At the moment I am deciding which of my Hawaiian shirts to take for the obligatory selfie when I get there.

We didn't do the North Cape excursion but instead spent our time having a good look round Honningsvag (which has an excellent little museum - don't miss it if you get a chance to visit) but it did mean appropriate gear as there was snow on the ground and a lot more coming down in occasional intense showers of the stuff).

• RMweb Premium

Its also showing the wrong time, about 10 minutes late. Possible these two are connected?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Its also showing the wrong time, about 10 minutes late. Possible these two are connected?

They are stills, taken every 15 minutes. Must get my timing right. It'll is likely to be bloody cold standing there in a thin, short sleeved shirt.

Edited by JZ

We know it's not really weather but it's still worth a snap so I took my compact out into the garden about 45 mins ago and snapped G-TAWU (PMI > NCL) approaching Newcastle. It landed six minutes later.

I forgot about the washing line.

post-508-0-67742700-1443412126.jpg

A pretty crap effort but it's a little bit misty outside.

P

Edit:

Well I was going to go out and have an attempt to take another few pics but it's developed into a right pea souper out there so bu**er it. To bed.

The Stellarium Free programme for PC gives pretty accurate screen shots I'll make do with that.

post-508-0-31646000-1443412962.jpg

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

We know it's not really weather but it's still worth a snap so I took my compact out into the garden about 45 mins ago and snapped G-TAWU (PMI > NCL) approaching Newcastle. It landed six minutes later.

I forgot about the washing line.

attachicon.gifMoonEclipseTom1791.jpg

A pretty crap effort but it's a little bit misty outside.

P

That's not bad at all.

What sort of exposure did the camera need?

At least you made the effort, even though I awoke in the middle of the night I couldn't be bothered! :nono:

Keith

Edited by melmerby

That's not bad at all.

What sort of exposure did the camera need?

Thanks, Nikon Coolpix 7700, in manual, manual focus, ISO 80, 8 seconds @ F4.5. Taken at 04:02 BST.

It really isn't that good. Zooming into the moon on the originals show how much movement there is in the moon during 8 seconds. I took about six pixs prior to establish exposure but even those I took at high ISO's and short shutter times are very soft due to the heavy mist that was developing. I knew the plane was due and it's approximate approach profile and fortunately it turned up bang on time.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hey, looks like my church near Ellesmere Colliery..... :mosking:

Tell yer wot, RMweb has some darn good photographers!

Cheers, the camera did some of the work ;) We are very fortunate to have such a good view, I'm always looking out at the sky to see if its worth a picture.