I.ve been a member for about 7 years, and a reader for several years before you needed to be a member to see all the photos - and joined because I thought it was very worthwhile - I'd suggest you try it for a years membership - there are some excellent modellers on there , some great photos, and a lot of inspiration for the approximate 50p a week it costs  that's about 7 p a day which is pretty good value

The picture archive is sensational, and gets added to constantly.  Huge amounts of older stuff that you can search for and learn from, plus lots of current-period things too. Quite heavily moderated by the guy who owns it, but not the end of the world. 

Even after at least five years' membership, I'm still copying pictures for reference at least a few times a week from it.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I resigned from Trainorders earlier this year for personal reasons. I mostly participated in the small European section which was good. I found the modellers section not very useful and there were a lot of negative types there. As I said, my main reason for leaving was personal. Now I find I cannot access any of the threads I particpated in, many of which contained my photos and research. I would have to rejoin to get back all these resources. My decision but take it as a warning. I think the people who run the site are above reproach (Todd, if I remember correctly).

IMHO RMWeb is a much better site for modellers.

Archived