• RMweb Premium

Evening,

Thanks for the kind comments about the photos. I have a couple more like at 4f on a 1964 special heading, which I will see if I can dig out (forgive me if it takes some time)

Really looking forward to seeing this. Is this line one of the best modelled? we have got Bath, Bitton, Warmley and Mangotsfied that is also in the course of being built.

best wishes

Duncan

• Like 2

Andy, I almost gave you a "disagree" for that comment!

YOU don't need any luck to produce something stunning. With the space you'll have, the thought you put into it (be single-minded and don't let us sway you too much!) and your talent (but DO slow down a bit), you'll produce a layout better than any of your previous (excellent) ones! And page 6 already! You'll be up with Peterborough North soon. But don't aim for 500+ pages as in KL - it's become a monster.

I also agree with Derek. LAST project? At your age - not a chance!!

Jeff

Evening Jeff, I have changed the title to

Just Another Project.

George will be pleased as well.

Bet most people are thinking, OH NO HERE WE GO AGAIN.

Must get Andy Y to attach this to my thread list at the bottom.

Bodge.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Evening,

Thanks for the kind comments about the photos. I have a couple more like at 4f on a 1964 special heading, which I will see if I can dig out (forgive me if it takes some time)

Really looking forward to seeing this. Is this line one of the best modelled? we have got Bath, Bitton, Warmley and Mangotsfied that is also in the course of being built.

best wishes

Duncan

Dam I've just SOLD one of my 4F's now I need a Fleet, hahhaha,

If you can find any pics of that please post.

Bodge.

• Like 1

Just spotted this. Good to see your doing okay bodgit. All the best with your shed! I fixed my existing shed but then decided I wanted to be in the loft!!!  Used a fire door for security. Solid. And not too pricey. Shed was made in block so I reroofed it with bitumen sheets & clad it with feather edge board with felt behind where the wind hits it.   Love the prototype. Very pretty buildings. Look forward to seeing this develop. I'm just at the planning stage also as my loft isn't yet fit to use. Frustrating isn't it! Are you working in OO for this one/ You just convinced me to try O gauge with Trebudoc.....  :locomotive:

• Like 2

Dear Mr Tender

I am a little bit upset with you demolishing an ex-army barrack. I am sure it would have been up to the standard for my men to live in. Or if not I could have blown it up for you. It is bad enough that Bodgit person refused my offer to blow his shed up. You now seem to have joined him. And I do not believe it when I am told you cannot blow up sheds because of Health and Safety.

Yours very disgruntled

Lt Colonel La de Da hyphen Poshname

Rough Engineering Made Easy

Hi Clive.

If you had said you could blow it up and made all the bits disappear at the same time I might have taken you up on the offer. It's taken me a month of Sundays to dismantle, cut up, and cart off in the back of the car. Unfortunately due to lack of maintenance on my part it had become overgrown with ivy which had accelerated the rotting process. It also meant I had more than a shed to dispose of.

Believe me, your men wouldn't have wanted to live in it.

Home Guard(s van) Ray.

I thought you had changed the name of the thread

Im sure you have lots more further projects - its not like you hang about is it? :)

Cheers Micky, loads of people kept saying it was WRONG, haha

we will see how many more I can produce. hahha

Bodge.

• Like 2

Just spotted this. Good to see your doing okay bodgit. All the best with your shed! I fixed my existing shed but then decided I wanted to be in the loft!!!  Used a fire door for security. Solid. And not too pricey. Shed was made in block so I reroofed it with bitumen sheets & clad it with feather edge board with felt behind where the wind hits it.   Love the prototype. Very pretty buildings. Look forward to seeing this develop. I'm just at the planning stage also as my loft isn't yet fit to use. Frustrating isn't it! Are you working in OO for this one/ You just convinced me to try O gauge with Trebudoc.....  :locomotive:

Hi yes I'm back to OO and sold all the O Gauge when I sold T.

Re your loft, I had a loft Layout once and whilst working up there the Florescent Light above the hatch caught fire with only one way out, so get your self a

Fire Extinguisher.

Bodge

Hi Clive.

If you had said you could blow it up and made all the bits disappear at the same time I might have taken you up on the offer. It's taken me a month of Sundays to dismantle, cut up, and cart off in the back of the car. Unfortunately due to lack of maintenance on my part it had become overgrown with ivy which had accelerated the rotting process. It also meant I had more than a shed to dispose of.

Believe me, your men wouldn't have wanted to live in it.

Home Guard(s van) Ray.

Don't worry Ray, Clive's got this thing about BLOWING THINGS UP :nono: . hahahhaaaaa

Bodge

Hi yes I'm back to OO and sold all the O Gauge when I sold T.

Re your loft, I had a loft Layout once and whilst working up there the Florescent Light above the hatch caught fire with only one way out, so get your self a

Fire Extinguisher.

Bodge

I have a stair case & a roof light window. Also a smoke detector.  Needs  a bit of plaster on the chimney breast & it will do. Extinguisher not a bad idea though. My reason for choosing it is it's bigger than the shed & in O gauge every inch counts. I bought a house with an extinct railway tunnel yards away though I din't know it at the time. Found a film on utube dating from 1900 with my house on it! There was also a station yards away that didn't close until 1975 thats now a supermarket car park. All soot blackened stone. Good inspiration. Thanks for the tip! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oooooh more nice Midland pics. If you're going Marcway Andy, then you can enter the turnout details and Templot will draw it for you. Are you going SMP/C&L for the plain track?

• Like 2

Our club the BUFFERS mrc ofLondon Ontario have a model loosely based on Bitton.  We call the layout Ardleigh Bitton.  A former club member did a fantastic job of reproducing the buildings of Bitton

We have a facebook page at:

William

That looks good William, unfortunately  I'm not on Facebook, but from what you've shown in the two pics it looks really neat.

Thanks.

Bodge.

Oooooh more nice Midland pics. If you're going Marcway Andy, then you can enter the turnout details and Templot will draw it for you. Are you going SMP/C&L for the plain track?

Morning Jonathan, I'm hoping to, a lot will depend on how much money I have left over after the Potting Shed is finished. Things like insulation and Electrics etc can run away with money and I don't want to have to sell any more stock.

The Blue Pullman went yesterday so that will now help a lot and could possibly cover the cost of the points and track.

I'll have another look at Templot later if Marcway are on there then that's good.

Bodge.

You really love making mine fields for yourself don't you hahahahahahahahaha......

Watching as ever   George

Morning George, YES your right, why do things the easy way when I could theoretically make life more difficult.

Having seen Jeff and Jasons then Marcway / SMP is the way forward, at least I'm NOT going EM, hahhahhaaa.

Bodge.

Just a thought Bodge l thing building the track is a step in the right direction, but would look even better if you were to go EM, now that would be a mine field hahahahahaha......

George

I'll put the 70+ Locos, 200+Wagons, 20 or so Parcels/ Passenger stock in the post for YOU to do the conversions on then mate.

Bodge

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning Jonathan, I'm hoping to, a lot will depend on how much money I have left over after the Potting Shed is finished. Things like insulation and Electrics etc can run away with money and I don't want to have to sell any more stock.

The Blue Pullman went yesterday so that will now help a lot and could possibly cover the cost of the points and track.

I'll have another look at Templot later if Marcway are on there then that's good.

Bodge.

Hi Andy, Marcway are not "on" Templot but if you know the dimensions of the turnout you can create one in Templot. I assume that all the turnouts are "straight" and not curved, this should make life easier, although Marcway do curved turnouts. While their website gives the radius of the turnout road it does not state the crossing angle. Do they use the same angle for all their ready-made turnouts and if so what is it? I note they have an offer on ordering four or more turnouts.

• RMweb Gold

Last time I tried Marcway I found the sleeper / tie bar difficult to drill for the point motor, was it just me or are they difficult?

Bodge.

Jeff should know the anwer to this as he used them on KL1

Hi Andy, Marcway are not "on" Templot but if you know the dimensions of the turnout you can create one in Templot. I assume that all the turnouts are "straight" and not curved, this should make life easier, although Marcway do curved turnouts. While their website gives the radius of the turnout road it does not state the crossing angle. Do they use the same angle for all their ready-made turnouts and if so what is it? I note they have an offer on ordering four or more turnouts.

Cheers Jonathan, I had some second hand Marcway a few years back and the curved turnouts were HUGE, about 18 inches long. Last time I used them I had mainly 48 inch radius, I thought these would be the same as the Long Peco but they were much shorter.

I think I will need at least the 54'' this time, and then play it by ear.

Last time I also had a 36'' Y but it was only about 6 inches long and a lot sharper than I imagined i would be, again thinking it would be like the long Peco Y but it was akin to Hornby Set Track Short Point.

If they did templates it would be a lot easier, I will give them a call later and have a chat, the guy was really helpful last time.

Bodge.

• Like 1