Great videos mate BUT I noticed no-one was watching the trains go by, I presume you were all drinking tea hahaha :jester:

Drinking Coffee and eating Biscuits and catching up, (with Lorry Driver Chat) and playing trains.

A couple of pics from last nights weathering for a friend.

Some before and after pics so lets start with a Loadhaul 60 before.

post-9335-0-37054400-1426449887_thumb.jpg

and after a light weathering.

post-9335-0-04174700-1426450001_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-02499600-1426450017_thumb.jpg

And a wonderful DB Shenker 92 before.

post-9335-0-33523300-1426450111_thumb.jpg

and after.

post-9335-0-74325300-1426450157_thumb.jpg

More later of Jeff's Jinty.

• Like 11

Well then as I pass Swad on my way to Burton at the end of May I will have to ensure that Bitton is visited by some nice green Eastern Region locos, D82xx and D84xx for a starters. :locomotive: :locomotive:

Are they DCC Chip fitted? fully weathered, Crewed and fitted with Kadee's?

• RMweb Premium

Are they DCC Chip fitted? fully weathered, Crewed and fitted with Kadee's?

No, remember I am a simple man who likes his DC wiring with all its switches. :no:

Weathered, well I was going ask someone if he could help me learn the art of making my trains dirty. :declare:

Ah! crews????? These locos were built (all scratchbuilt) for loco depot layouts. Do you put crews in them and they look silly when sitting on shed or not put crews in them and they look silly truddling around Bitton? :scratchhead:

Back to being simple, I like my BRITISH tension locks................none of this colonial knuckle coupling malarkey. :nono:

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

Like the videos Andy, particularly the way the wagons showed how good the track is with little discernible wobble! Are all yours compensated because if they're not, why bother when the track is so good as I don't imagine there would be an improvement?

Great work mate,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Edited by Jock67B

Morning Lads,

Andy has always fitted crews to ALL of his stock steam / diesel, he has one pet hate and that is to see a really nice layout , everything perfect then see a train run by with no footplate crew...

georgeT

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

At least with a steam engine you know which end to put the crew :jester:

Clive is right about the Shed layouts through. It does look silly to have  crews in driving and firing poses while on shed.

Don

No, remember I am a simple man who likes his DC wiring with all its switches. :no:

Weathered, well I was going ask someone if he could help me learn the art of making my trains dirty. :declare:

Ah! crews????? These locos were built (all scratchbuilt) for loco depot layouts. Do you put crews in them and they look silly when sitting on shed or not put crews in them and they look silly truddling around Bitton? :scratchhead:

Back to being simple, I like my BRITISH tension locks................none of this colonial knuckle coupling malarkey. :nono:

Morning Clive I will see if we can fit in a visit for you whilst your up for DEMU, cant promise at the moment but I will try to arrange something for you young man.

Like the videos Andy, particularly the way the wagons showed how good the track is with little discernible wobble! Are all yours compensated because if they're not, why bother when the track is so good as I don't imagine there would be an improvement?

Great work mate,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Morning Jock, NOT compensated or touched other than weathered and some Kadee'd.

• Like 3

Hi Andy,

Nice bit of subtle weathering mate.........do you want a new friend?

I've done the 92 and 60 above for a Chap in Lancashire, are you coming down to the Nottingham Show?

Morning Lads,

Andy has always fitted crews to ALL of his stock steam / diesel, he has one pet hate and that is to see a really nice layout , everything perfect then see a train run by with no footplate crew...

georgeT

I agree mate, but some of the new Diesels are a sod to get the Cabs out of, but well worth the effort.

• Like 5

At least with a steam engine you know which end to put the crew :jester:

Clive is right about the Shed layouts through. It does look silly to have  crews in driving and firing poses while on shed.

Don

I agree Don, it is a conundrum but I still feel a loco even sitting on shed will MOVE EVENTUALLY and so then needs a driver, I've sat in a stationary Loco in a Depot so it does happen. 

• RMweb Premium

Morning Lads,

georgeT

Hi George

All of my scratchbuilt diesels have no cab interiors so there is no where for the crew to sit. :dontknow:

With twin cab diesels on end to end layouts, should there be crew in each end? That can look very wrong as well, especially for my period because I cannot say the bloke in the rear cab is the guard, as he only got that seat when brake vans on fully fitted trains were done away with. That is just past my modelling period.

With DMUs, once you fit the drivers then a whole bunch of pasengers need to sat inside.......and so it continues. :O

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning Andy,

I'm slowly working my way through the thread - there's a lot to catch up on! :O :o

The videos are great - as Jock said, the track is superbly smooth, love the shots of a slow-moving train of vans going past, brilliant!

Your weathering is, as always, spot on - just a subtle touch, but makes an amazing difference.

Cheers,

Al.