Andy, that is a very nice bit of video, almost persuaded me to scrap my steam locos and bring in the diseasels.  But common sense prevailed in the end plus my wife with a frown on her face.

Nice bit of running though, just think how much nicer it would be with a bit of crimson lake and steam locomotives.

The baseboard join looks very neat.  What do you use to cut the track.  I normally use a slitting disc but it never seems to cut through the rails and leave a tidy finish like yours.

Derek

Hi Derek, I started off with a Dremel but its not a good one and so I reverted to a pair of special cutters that I've had since 1975, they were for cutting Stainless Steel Welding Wire and are fantastic. There sleepers were per cut prior to laying and sticking down.

Edited by Andrew P

Hello Buddy

Now thats   IMPRESSIVE    me old Mate, just get them nice and straight and running before l come down at easter for a play hahaha ?..

GT

As I said above, there not fixed yet, I want to ensure I'm happy with both the main scenic Layout and the Yard before doing any more than just soldering some wires across, but at least it will be running.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Looks a very good yard. I agree with the loco  yard. Having done a good weathering job on your locos you don't want to keep handling them. Besides  you will be able to see them.

Don

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

Forget Bitton mate.................Just show us the yard!!!!!!!!!! Excellent job, good luck with the wiring, oh its DCC so its only 2 wires! Hahaha.

Will you be fitting point motors or will it be by 'big hand' operation?

• Like 3

Looks a very good yard. I agree with the loco  yard. Having done a good weathering job on your locos you don't want to keep handling them. Besides  you will be able to see them.

Don

Hi Don yes that's the idea, very little loco handling or as little as Possible, now, do I need a Turntable or a Turning Triangle, aka Mike, (Mike61680) Bermuda Road? 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Flipin eck! :swoon: Nice yard mate.

Cheers Shaun, just been out and I might rip up Bitton and make that a fiddle Yard and the Storage yard scenic, :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  hahhaha,

ONLY JOKING FOLKES. :no:  :no:  :no:   

Hi Andy,

Forget Bitton mate.................Just show us the yard!!!!!!!!!! Excellent job, good luck with the wiring, oh its DCC so its only 2 wires! Hahaha.

Will you be fitting point motors or will it be by 'big hand' operation?

Evening Mike, good to see your back with us, Its manual points at the moment with a DIGITAL FINGER, and as for the wiring it was just a case of linking up each loop so nice and easy really.

• Like 5

Hi Bodge

With a tweak here and a bit of tightening up there, swap the up loop for the down loop and make the outer goods into a circular arrangement, I think that you could get another point in.

What do you think?

Binny

That is impressive cant wait to see that yard full of trains and locos in the storage area you have inspired me to go out in the shed and finally sought my fiddle yard and by looking at your layout I have managed to actually provide room to stable enough trains to run my time table,thanks.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Don yes that's the idea, very loco handling or as little as Possible, now, do I need a Turntable or a Turning Triangle, aka Mike, (Mike61680) Bermuda Road? 

There's one of the former not too far from you that is available

Peter

• Like 2

Hi Bodge

With a tweak here and a bit of tightening up there, swap the up loop for the down loop and make the outer goods into a circular arrangement, I think that you could get another point in.

What do you think?

Binny

Sounds like a plan Jeff, see you tomorrow night mate.

That is impressive cant wait to see that yard full of trains and locos in the storage area you have inspired me to go out in the shed and finally sought my fiddle yard and by looking at your layout I have managed to actually provide room to stable enough trains to run my time table,thanks.

Good news and thanks, show us some pics when its done.

Fiddleyard looks good Andy, 

I think you could get more sidings in though  :senile:

Cheers Peter.

Yes I agree Peter, I have left room along the rear for blocks of wood on top of which I can place cross bearers to cover the Storage Yard and possibly rest a small layout on.

Also I like a gap between the tracks for wagon handling.

• RMweb Premium

Yes I agree Peter, I have left room along the rear for blocks of wood on top of which I can place cross bearers to cover the Storage Yard and possibly rest a small layout on.

Also I like a gap between the tracks for wagon handling.

Resting might be good too..... never mind more work you need to see it finished slowly.

Morning Mick and George, I am resting Mick, certainly by my OLD standards anyway, and any new project will just be a sideline if I get some Modellers Block or Loss of Mojo with Bitton.

Edited by Andrew P