Wot about this one?

attachicon.gif067a.jpg

And the green 50

attachicon.gif097a.jpg

Now your being RIDICULOUS :no: , hahhahha, I did a 144 Pacer units in Southern Sunshine Green and Yellow once :O , at least its better than Thomas the bloomin Tank.

AND NO..................DONT POST A PIC OF ONE ON HERE..................ANY OF YOU. :nono:  :nono: :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  

• RMweb Premium

What!?!

That would never have survived on BR!

Stylish looking, probably lightweight, with at least one high speed diesel engine? Marylebone would never approve!

(I like it!)

John.

Hi John

It is the same size as a Warship, so like the Pullmans it has two NBL-MAN engines but with hydraulic transmission the same as a Warship. Other words a Warship with a restyled body by Metro-Cammel. A Pullman power car was only a class 21 with a few extra seats where the rear cab should be.

Taking about class 21s what if NBL made a type 4 diesel electric version of the big Warships?

post-16423-0-35564500-1425765951_thumb.jpg

Here it is with a Super Hymek.

• Like 5

O.K. 5000 Plus posts, so now back to the serious stuff, I need to connect up what will be the Storage Yard and then do some testing, whilst this is going on I will get on with some scenic's. Maybe not grass just yet but I have to cover the rear embankment with Mod Rock and form the Hillside at the Warmley end.

Pics and video's of testing very soon I hope.

• Like 6

Well I have green one

attachicon.gif008a.jpg

Wasn't sure whether this deserved a funny or craftsmanship/clever. Now I know where DCR got the idea of a green 56 from. Hope you charged them a license fee for reproduction of your model Clive. :D 

By the way Andy, congratulations on you're 200th page.

cheers

Marcus 

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Have been far too busy here to be lurking on here lately but have enjoyed catching up. 

The simplest way to isolate the tracks approaching the lift out section would be to replace those double electrical connectors with a block of three at each end to carry the juice back to the dead sections! Simples.

attachicon.gifBITTON WIRING.png

Congrats on 200 pages and love the videos BTW, very inspirational!!

Regards Shaun.

Edited to include naff wiring diagram.                   

That will do the job for locos but see my comment on rolling stock earlier. I would suggest a physical barrier while doing testing or work on the layout makes sense.

Don

Morning Marcus, Don, Mike, George and Ray, Things will slow again now, I need to run as much different stock over all the pointwork and lifting section as I can before I do to much scenery.

This will also give me the opportunity to try out as many shunting moves in the Goods Yard as I can and judge if its going to be enough to satisfy my hunger for Shunting.

I had the Railfreight 20 arrive yesterday and also some Hornby China Clay Wagons that are of a type I haven't seen before so I'm not sure if there prototypical or if Hornby made them up.

post-9335-0-70250000-1425805823.jpg

I can now run the China Clay Hoods in the 70's / Blue and 80's era (I have 17 of these) and the newer wagons and Silver Bullets in the 80's / 90's.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

Re my comments above on the Hornby China Clay Wagon, I have found some nice pics on Paul Bartlett's Wagon Site, they are PGA's the same as the Amey Roadstone and Yeoman Hoppers and it looks like they were built from 1982 and the pic shown on his site dates from Croft Quarry, Leicestershire in Sep 1990.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Re my comments above on the Hornby China Clay Wagon, I have found some nice pics on Paul Bartlett's Wagon Site, they are PGA's the same as the Amey Roadstone and Yeoman Hoppers and it looks like they were built from 1982 and the pic shown on his site dates from Croft Quarry, Leicestershire in Sep 1990.

This discussion reminds me that I've got about 10 china clay wagons / hoods stashed away in the bunker. They'll never get used on KL2. Maybe I should sell them when I sort out the wagon boxes.

Regarding diesel liveries. The one thing you need to do - which you sometimes haven't on previous projects - is stick to your choices and time period. You know I'm a big green diesel fan, but there's no point going in that direction if it doesn't fit the time frame of Bitton. And yes, you know that already!!

Jeff

This discussion reminds me that I've got about 10 china clay wagons / hoods stashed away in the bunker. They'll never get used on KL2. Maybe I should sell them when I sort out the wagon boxes.

Regarding diesel liveries. The one thing you need to do - which you sometimes haven't on previous projects - is stick to your choices and time period. You know I'm a big green diesel fan, but there's no point going in that direction if it doesn't fit the time frame of Bitton. And yes, you know that already!!

Jeff

Bitton will be run in the 70's to 90's period so that's what most of my Stock will be based on. I will still run some Steam now and then depending on the mood.

I hope to connect up the Lines in the Storage Yard area tomorrow, but just one either way to test the door section and the shunting in the Yard.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I must admit, I do like the BR grey livery from the 80s. It may be because - many years ago (1983?) - I had a Hornby class 58 in that livery, and it ran very well.

Congrats on your 5000 posts in Bitton. You'll be well past 10,000 by the time KL2 gets anywhere near 5k!

Steam or diesel - enjoy.

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

Hello Mate.

l see you are going for 1970 up to 1990, thats an awful lot of different liveries to collect, at least the stock on 'Bitton' will be colourful, and much better than dirty old steam engines ? hahaha

GT

• Like 1

Hello Mate.

l see you are going for 1970 up to 1990, thats an awful lot of different liveries to collect, at least the stock on 'Bitton' will be colourful, and much better than dirty old steam engines ? hahaha

GT

Yes mate, its been titled 70's 80's & 90's for a few weeks now, but it just covers Blue, Railfreight and Early Sector and staying in the same area of the country will be fine, the only other Locos I really want to complete the Stud are an Intercity Swallow and Railfreight  47, and a Large Logo Blue 56 when it comes out later in the year..

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Hi Bodge

You will amaze your followers on RMWeb if you manage to contain yourself to an intercity swallow, a rail freight 47 and a large logo blue 56 !!!!!!

Binny

Evening Jeff, your probably right, I see something and just love Locos.

I have managed to purchase 3 Railfreight BDA Bogie Bolsters on e-bay this evening, BUT I could have bought all 5 that were on offer but refrained.

Morning Bodgit.

Why don't you just admit it ?  "YOU LOVE 'EVERYTHING' TO DO WITH MODEL RAILWAYS"  l am the same, if you want a 9f running with an EWS Class 67 then thats fine by me, even on 'Bitton' you go for it buddy, and enjoy the hobby, thats what it is all about....

GT

Morning Guys, What George says above is correct, but I wouldn't run a 9F with a 67 at the same time, although I like both equally I would only run stock in its correct era, for example, if running Steam and I would remove it all to run Railfreight.

Because Bitton is now primarily 70's to 90's the Signalling, signage and associated equipment around the Layout will show that era, but If I'm running Steam I will just be more careful with my Photography in order to exclude for example BR Arrow Logos in the same shot as a grubby 9F.

I have just seen Clive's post above and he's quite correct, he wouldn't take his Green 56 / 90 / or double Hymek to a Show if he was exhibiting or for a Magazine Photo Shoot, but behind closed doors he can have anything he or I fancies running around if it gives pleasure.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning Guys, What George says above is correct, but I wouldn't run a 9F with a 67 at the same time, although I like both equally I would only run stock in its correct era, for example, if running Steam and I would remove it all to run Railfreight.

Because Bitton is now primarily 70's to 90's the Signalling, signage and associated equipment around the Layout will show that era, but If I'm running Steam I will just be more careful with my Photography in order to exclude for example BR Arrow Logos in the same shot as a grubby 9F.

I have just seen Clive's post above and he's quite correct, he wouldn't take his Green 56 / 90 / or double Hymek to a Show if he was exhibiting or for a Magazine Photo Shoot, but behind closed doors he can have anything he or I fancies running around if it gives pleasure.

I can't she says I am too old for that marlarky these days :no2:

Well I had a running session on Bitton yesterday and I have to say I was totally P eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeD off. The door lift out section is fine but the other end of the room where the rails curve over two board joins and on the Foam is Cra* to say the least. It may have been better once ballasted, as that would hold it more securely but at the moment the whole lot is floating.

The solution has been that I need to lift all the track in that area, REMOVE the foam and re lay with cork, I can then lay Copper Clad Sleepers as per the Doorway and I will have a nice firm and level track joint.

It may take a while to finish this, and then I can try the Yard again.

I have to say, yesterdays attempts at Yard Shunting, (my favourite aspect of the hobby) left me switching OFF THE POWER and going indoors vowing NEVER TO RETURN.

• RMweb Premium

How did you glue down the sleepers at the board joins? I used Copydex everywhere on Bacup other than at board joins which have PCB sleepers glued down with Superglue to stop them shifting.

Copydex is great as it keeps the flexibility and deadens sound but that flexibility can also cause sideways movement at baseboard joins. The track will always try to straighten itself, especially at the ends, so needs to be properly anchored.

Was it just that which caused shunting frustration?

• Like 2