• RMweb Premium

Hi Brian, I've just done a screen dump and it looks like Bartholomews still has a Rail connection, although it may not be live nowadays.

The do Animal foods and Fertilizers.

attachicon.gifBartholowmews Chichester.png

Any excuse to convince George of the need for more sidings!

Jeff

Feb 27th 2015 Fleet Review.

Missing from the Parade are a pair of Rats, (I forgot they were over in Bitton Sidings) and the Class 59, (Still with Bob having CV 8 sorted).

post-9335-0-76817200-1425058313_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-79645700-1425058336_thumb.jpg

More pics later.

• Like 16

I found this pic on E-Bay and I think its some of the best weathering I have seen and this is now the Standard I want to bring ALL my fleet up to in the future.

post-9335-0-19455800-1425063084_thumb.jpg

Really nice, don't you all agree.

• Like 1

Good evening Andy,

Nice fleet you've got there!!!

I think it's a bit drug like, I just see something and I just have to have it!!! Must slow down though, money needed for Garage insulation!!!

I like your banger blue 56, I want a L/Logo one as well.

Just remember though, this new impetus is nice, but don't overdo it, it's a fine line we tread

Jinty ;-)

I found this pic on E-Bay and I think its some of the best weathering I have seen and this is now the Standard I want to bring ALL my fleet up to in the future.

attachicon.gif40075.jpg

Really nice, don't you all agree.

Ahem excuse me!

Tis well done though.

• Like 3

BIT WORRYING :O , I wasn't happy with the Foam on the Storage Yard side so decided to lift it this evening, and the whole 17ft came away as one and I was able to fold it up and put it back in the bag for future use.

BUT

That's what's under Bitton, so will that all lift by itself one day?

Off out to Lay some cork in a mo.

• Like 1

It's nice weathering but they have gone a bit overboard with the rust / brake dust shades on the bogies

Also I normally do my Leaf springs greasy black, don't know if that's right or not but it looks o.k. to me.

• RMweb Premium

I'm thinking of experimenting with foam Andy. Your earlier reports of your experiences in the station area seemed positive. Any thoughts on why this latest lot hasn't stuck? Did you use the same mix of glue?

BIT WORRYING :O , I wasn't happy with the Foam on the Storage Yard side so decided to lift it this evening, and the whole 17ft came away as one and I was able to fold it up and put it back in the bag for future use.

BUT

That's what's under Bitton, so will that all lift by itself one day?

Off out to Lay some cork in a mo.

Hi Andy, i use Plastazote Foam stuck down with PVA. Never had any problems with it coming unstuck.

Ray.

I'm thinking of experimenting with foam Andy. Your earlier reports of your experiences in the station area seemed positive. Any thoughts on why this latest lot hasn't stuck? Did you use the same mix of glue?

Yes Ray the same Spray Carpet High Impact Adhesive.

EDIT = NO NO NO, I just realized I used Copydex on the scenic side and then the Spray Adhesive on the Storage Yard Side.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Thanks, I thought you'd mentioned Copydex, which I believe you said was diluted.

I have recently gained access to a (very, very) large reel of foam and I want to try some of that out, hence my query.

I wanted to try getting away from PVA and variants thereof to see if I can deaden the noise the latter seems to generate. Have you noticed an discernible reduction in noise over the foam in the station area so far?

Thanks, I thought you'd mentioned Copydex, which I believe you said was diluted.

I have recently gained access to a (very, very) large reel of foam and I want to try some of that out, hence my query.

I wanted to try getting away from PVA and variants thereof to see if I can deaden the noise the latter seems to generate. Have you noticed an discernible reduction in noise over the foam in the station area so far?

Ray, Its a lot quieter,

On the Storage Yard side I have gone back to Cork and PVA because I am using PINNED Peco track and you cant pin through the foam as I pulls the Sleepers off the Rails. When pinning I only ever use the fine wire Peco Pins through the outer side of the Chair that can be removed after ballasting leaving NO HOLES in the sleepers.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks. I'll be interested to see if that changes when you start ballasting whether or not you use PVA or Copydex.

How did you find diluting the Copydex. Was it fairly easy to mix and apply?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks. I'll be interested to see if that changes when you start ballasting whether or not you use PVA or Copydex.

How did you find diluting the Copydex. Was it fairly easy to mix and apply?

Sorry for all the questions.

I did a 50 / 50 mix and its no different to PVA, JUST SMELLYER and dries quicker, and rubbery.

Morning Bodge.

l know you have always wanted a nice big fiddle yard, so l would go ahead with the plan, as it will hold whatever stock you are running at that time, bitton can change as much as you want but the fiddle will stay the same ...

George

It's nice weathering but they have gone a bit overboard with the rust / brake dust shades on the bogies

I agree with that nice but the airbrush is a little too obvious.....does that make sense?

Sorry I’ve been rather lax in my comments lately, Bodge! Still following intently......

Concerned that the ongoing cold and dry air here has split the calluses on my left hand rather painfully - haven’t had a good pluck for weeks.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

Morning Andy,

Just noticed the model 'Lancaster' on the top shelf in the first pic. On this page (196) - is there a story behind that? I'm a bit worried about security of such an expensive lot of stock - I assume you move it out of view when you aren't around?

Look forward to the next set of pics, and can't wait to see what you and George get up to tomorrow as no doubt you'll both produce some lovely images - hope you have fun mate!

Pete, had to double take on your above comment, you did mean pluck as in guitar string? Hope your hands get better soon, which reminds me, Andy hasn't had much time for 'Fender bending' lately!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 1

Morning Bodge.

l know you have always wanted a nice big fiddle yard, so l would go ahead with the plan, as it will hold whatever stock you are running at that time, bitton can change as much as you want but the fiddle will stay the same ...

George

I have a Plan, ahahhah

• Like 2

I agree with that nice but the airbrush is a little too obvious.....does that make sense?

Sorry I’ve been rather lax in my comments lately, Bodge! Still following intently......

Concerned that the ongoing cold and dry air here has split the callouses on my left hand rather painfully - haven’t had a good pluck for weeks.

Best, Pete.

Morning Andy,

Just noticed the model 'Lancaster' on the top shelf in the first pic. On this page (196) - is there a story behind that? I'm a bit worried about security of such an expensive lot of stock - I assume you move it out of view when you aren't around?

Look forward to the next set of pics, and can't wait to see what you and George get up to tomorrow as no doubt you'll both produce some lovely images - hope you have fun mate!

Pete, had to double take on your above comment, you did mean pluck as in guitar string? Hope your hands get better soon, which reminds me, Andy hasn't had much time for 'Fender bending' lately!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hi Guys, no Guitar for me for ages now, last September I dropped a boulder on my ring finger left hand, and as Pete will tell you, that's the string bending finger. The Nail is now almost off but I have to keep a tape on it to stop the back of the old nail catching on clothing. I also suffer from splits on the ends of my Thumbs in the winter so that's a PAIN as well trying to hold a Plectrum.

Re the Stock Jock, (wow that rhymes) the shed is VERY secure.

More pics later today of this mornings work with Lee.

• Like 1

Hi Guys, no Guitar for me for ages now, last September I dropped a boulder on my ring finger left hand, and as Pete will tell you, that's the string bending finger. The Nail is now almost off but I have to keep a tape on it to stop the back of the old nail catching on clothing. I also suffer from splits on the ends of my Thumbs in the winter so that's a PAIN as well trying to hold a Plectrum.

Re the Stock Jock, (wow that rhymes) the shed is VERY secure.

More pics later today of this mornings work with Lee.

Hi Andy,

Me too! Try using LOTIL cream from the chemist, seems to work for me. Have a look at Dent later mate

Liked that 40 you posted, but agree with the brake dust comment, its just overdone, as for an oily finish as fitters we would instruct lower grades to apply a 'black jap' grease to the spring hangers top and bottom and the top of the axlebox, this was to alleviate wear and tear on rubbing surfaces. The leaf spring seldom got greasy unless it leaked through the engine room flooring!