WHEN we pop down, Bitton will revert to 1960 ;)

That's fine by me Mate, a change is as good as a rest as they say.

I will still have all the Goods Stock, (Vans and 16 Tonners etc.) ready for pulling, we just need to sort out a common coupling system, me with Kadee's Jeff with tension locks and you with 3 Link. :O

:no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  

:sungum:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

That's fine by me Mate, a change is as good as a rest as they say.

I will still have all the Goods Stock, (Vans and 16 Tonners etc.) ready for pulling, we just need to sort out a common coupling system, me with Kadee's Jeff with tension locks and you with 3 Link. :O

:no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  

Hi Bodge

Make 'em bring their own converter wagons. :yes: :yes:

• Like 2

Morning Bodgit,

Thats the good thing about having a lot of different stock, you can choose what era you want to play in, sorry l meant operate in hahaha  whatever mood you are in without big changes to the layout, 

George

Glad to see you are back on Bitton and doing a great job Andy, it is looking fantastic. 

Morning Ray, yes still plodding along mate.

Thanks for looking in, I looked at Hounslow Sidings last night and caught a cold, nice Military Hardware on there though Mate.

• Like 1

Morning Bodgit,

Thats the good thing about having a lot of different stock, you can choose what era you want to play in, sorry l meant operate in hahaha  whatever mood you are in without big changes to the layout, 

George

Morning George, Your right, I can run from the Late 70's as I remember it when I first got into Trains through to the 90's when you and I would go to Eastleigh, Didcot, Newport and Bescot for the day.

Out all day today at the Greyhounds and then down to Lee's.

Out with Jeff Howard, (Binney) tomorrow at the Trowel Show,

Mum's Birthday Monday so she's coming over for Lunch.

Out Tuesday taking Mum out for Lunch, (Restaurant not open on a Monday), then Club.

Out all day Wednesday.

WITHDRAWAL SYMTOMS BY THURSDAY, so working on the Layout.

But may have some pics to post on here tonight.

• RMweb Gold

Morning George, Your right, I can run from the Late 70's as I remember it when I first got into Trains through to the 90's when you and I would go to Eastleigh, Didcot, Newport and Bescot for the day.

Out all day today at the Greyhounds and then down to Lee's.

Out with Jeff Howard, (Binney) tomorrow at the Trowel Show,

Mum's Birthday Monday so she's coming over for Lunch.

Out Tuesday taking Mum out for Lunch, (Restaurant not open on a Monday), then Club.

Out all day Wednesday.

WITHDRAWAL SYMTOMS BY THURSDAY, so working on the Layout.

But may have some pics to post on here tonight.

This is taking things easy? :jester:

Enjoy yourself

Don

Morning Andy,

Hope you enjoy your break from the shed and start back next week with a clear plan of action.

Birthday greetings to mum, I hope she enjoys her treat and has many more of them,

Be safe and we all look forward to the photos when you are ready,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 1

Cheers Don and Jock, Nice time at Lee's this afternoon, ran a few bits, sorted out some chipping of Locos.

I'm going out in the Shed in a mo after Coffee to have a tidy up and sort out which Locos need chips next.

• Like 4

Just been back to the index page Andy, you've come a long way since those guys came and dismantled the old garage.  Those photos of that nice sunny day back in August makes this cold weather seem even worse than it is.

Anyway, all this jigging about of Bitton and the addition of a branch to somewhere, what about a revised track plan so we can see what you are thinking, back of a fag packet will do. :paint:

• Like 2

Just been back to the index page Andy, you've come a long way since those guys came and dismantled the old garage.  Those photos of that nice sunny day back in August makes this cold weather seem even worse than it is.

Anyway, all this jigging about of Bitton and the addition of a branch to somewhere, what about a revised track plan so we can see what you are thinking, back of a fag packet will do. :paint:

Evening Mick, I will do a revised plan for that end when I know exactly how it will fit in, there will probably be 3 copies of Jason's Point to form a three point curve section.

I must go and update the index now.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

It does look a bit contrived with the additional sidings. As Richard suggests, how about the sidings running parallel to the headshunt is read, which would add to the operational interest?

• RMweb Premium

The idea is to fit a couple more points, so coupled with the existing Yard it would make a Speedlink Yard in the area by adding 3 more sidings to the original two of the old coal yard. This will give a bit more operation to the Yard and I would also take what would have been the short head shunt and form it into a small single line Branch taking it around in front of the Storage Yard.

Andy

I'm not sure how prototypical this would be because every siding in the yard would end up being shunted via the branch line which would make operation somewhat complicated and would mean all the siding points would need to be worked from the signal box - or at least be interlocked with some of the signalling - if passenger trains are to be routed over them.

I'm planning a branchline on Virney Junction and had to be careful where I placed my more limited goods facilities at the junction station as a result. I can see what you're trying to achieve but think you may find you'll need some fairly drastic changes to the current track layout (and baseboard sizes) to do so prototypically.

Ducks down and awaits the flak from those who can think of an example that proves my comments way adrift from reality

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

I agree with Jason. The siding alongside the head shut going to a sausage factory or private yard would be a good idea.

It is also worth remembering that goods yards were laid out so that the wagons could be loaded and unloaded straight from the cart pulled by Brian the 'orse. Normally roadway, two lines space for roadway, two more lines and road. So may be one less siding and space for the cart to be turned round in between the tracks.

• RMweb Gold

It funny how things work out with sidings. With our short siding lengths on models quite often two short sidings hold littlew more than one longer one due to the space swallowed  by the turnout. It is easier to shunt with a number of short sidings whereas with a long siding you often need to move some wagons to get to others. I do find a siding in the opposite direction as to the shunting as you need to add run around moves as well. If you did want to add a branch then the sidings should come off either a loop which also provides a run around for the branch train or a headshunt alongside the branch . I think the loop shounds about right although that would mean shunting moves could block the branch if the loop wasn't that long.

Don

• Like 1

Cheers Guys, Thanks for all your input, Now I need to go outside, take on board all your input and

THEN IGNORE IT ALL, :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  hahaha

Only joking, I will have another look at it. :O

• Like 4

I said a little while ago that I had some ideas for the area where the old Coal yard would be, and also the area where the hill / raised ground to the right of the old coal yard would start to form the cutting at the North / Warmley end.

The idea is to fit a couple more points, so coupled with the existing Yard it would make a Speedlink Yard in the area by adding 3 more sidings to the original two of the old coal yard. This will give a bit more operation to the Yard and I would also take what would have been the short head shunt and form it into a small single line Branch taking it around in front of the Storage Yard.

Good idea - scenery is over-rated, anyway :declare:

But shunting all these over a branch line ... with regular coming through every hour or two hours or so ... a connection to an industrial system may be more appropriate, I assume. just my 0,02€.

Best Regards,

Christian

Edited by cklammer