Hi Andy,

Looking good matey!

Your display cabinet looks at least as good (& nearly as full!) as the TMC one I saw at Donny last weekend! You're a bit good with the old weathering stick!

Cheers,

John.

Thanks John, I need to check the cupboards, there's another 20 or so in there I hope.

• Like 3

Evening Andy,

What a splendid space - it is more apparent with some track and stock showing like that.

I'm delighted to see that you are listening to your body as you did today, there really isn't any prize for fastest completion. Truly wish I was in a position to make you an offer on those delightful steam locos, especially that superb weathered 9F!

Take your time mate,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 2

Do like the size of your fiddle yard Andy. The fiddle yard on Wencombe was one of the reasons for the re-build.

Morning Alan, its all about size, I've found with home layouts in the past that there's nothing more frustrating than having to keep removing and adding stock. Its a bit like many years ago, I had  a nice Car with a 6 Stack CD player in the boot, I could either never be ars*d to change the DC's or kept forgetting, but more usually the former so got bored listening to the same old same old each week and then turned it off all together.

With a large enough Yard and the Bi Directional running points I've built in, it will still only be 12 rakes, so a variety of Motive Power is a must.

Good luck with your new project, I'm keeping an eye on it for nice ideas, hahah.

• Like 2

Evening Andy,

What a splendid space - it is more apparent with some track and stock showing like that.

I'm delighted to see that you are listening to your body as you did today, there really isn't any prize for fastest completion. Truly wish I was in a position to make you an offer on those delightful steam locos, especially that superb weathered 9F!

Take your time mate,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Morning Jock, I've had some bad days of late so slowing down again mate, as you say, its NOT a competition.

Thanks.

I have some visitors to Bitton Shed this morning, John Bottomley, he's not on here, but has had his Torridge as Railway of the Month in RM and his N Gauge Chalford was in the RM Annual in 2013, and also Bob, (Oversettes Modells / 86902) so we'll put the world to rights over a coffee. 

I have some ideas that I want to run past them, then Lee is coming up tomorrow but not to do any work, just to have a coffee and chat and plan the next phase.

• Like 7

Hi All

I have cunning plan to slow down our Mr Peters............get Dee to take out his Duracell batteries and replace them with Tesco own brand. :secret: :secret:

HAHaaahahha She just said she got the last lot SECOND HAND at the Car Bootie, still a bit of life in them yet.

Nice visits today from John and Bob, and we have come up with some nice ideas, the purists may not like it, but it wont affect Bitton more than a little cosmetic change where the high ground would be alongside the old Coal Yard and into the old Warmly end Cutting.

More details of that as the track gets laid in a few weeks, but first I need some points for the Storage Yard, I do have enough but need to change some straight ones for some curved ones.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Nice visits today from John and Bob, and we have come up with some nice ideas, the purists may not like it, but it wont affect Bitton more than a little cosmetic change where the high ground would be alongside the old Coal Yard and into the old Warmly end Cutting.

More details of that as the track gets laid in a few weeks, but first I need some points for the Storage Yard, I do have enough but need to change some straight ones for some curved ones.

The sausage factory ;) ;) ;) :nono: :nono: :nono:

Morning All,

Don't want to worry you guys, but l was talking to Bodgit last night and all he talked about was blue signals SPADs for 'Bitton' don't know whats going on,  hahahahaha

George

Maybe we should get him one of those 37's in Police livery George to hang about at the end of the sidings. That should keep him legal! :declare:

Regards

Bill

Edited by Mythocentric

Morning All,

Don't want to worry you guys, but l was talking to Bodgit last night and all he talked about was blue signals SPADs for 'Bitton' don't know whats going on,  hahahahaha

George

Maybe we should get him one of those 37's in Police livery George to hang about at the end of the sidings. That should keep him legal! :declare:

Regards

Bill

Morning George and Bill, nothing that drastic, but all the main workings will stay in tact and Bitton will NOT be changing its identity, in fact it will still be more than recognisable as Bitton.

Out today but there may be some more pics tonight.

• Like 3

Evening all, no work on the Layout today, but last night I went out to buy a Second Hand 20 in Railfreight Red Stripe, unfortunately it was sold so I purchased a couple of 37's instead, another Railfreight Red Strip and Tre Pol and Pen again that I had in the days of Kingsmill so I can re create scenes like this.

post-9335-0-92467900-1424461069_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-07403100-1424460691_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-92665700-1424460773_thumb.jpg

I also managed to get my mits on 5 Dapol Silver Bullets today to go behind Tr Pol and Pen.

I also got a Bachmann Class 40, as new and Chip Fitted, more pics of that later.

• Like 12

It looks like you'll have plenty of motive power if/when Jason and I pop down for a visit.

Thanks for the "warming" comments on KL2. They help, psychologically!

Jeff

Yes I have loads planned for the visit mate, lets get something running first.