Morning Andy,

Wondered if the 9F in the no the shot in post #4327 is towing that green box after it broke down? HaHaHa!

(Happened a lot in Scotland when the motorised thingies first appeared!

Have to call you 'Cecil B de Peters at this rate?

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS The vids are first class mate!

• Like 3

Hiya Bodge, its coming on really well. Love the 9f, is a TMC model ?

Keep up the good work.

Regards Jeff

Thanks Jeff, not to sure, I got it S/H from Rails in Sheffield and it runs quite well, (not I hasten to add as well as my Hornby Railroad 9F that you see in the front of the Line up). When I'm weathering a Steam Loco I do it on the rolling Road so that the pickups stay clean but I think that one just needs a dam good run.

It will have one soon when I can connect it all up.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Posts 4327 and 4328 have me whetting my appetite Andy.

2 weeks into the garage conversion and I'm feeling a bit tired. Then I look on here and the urge to start building L-girders returns!

Looking forward to a visit with MrT sometime in the next few months!

Jeff

• Like 1

Hello Bodgit,  

Really like the video mate, we will have to make some more together soon...

George

Bit like my Music though, I feel I've got the Blues Coming on, may need to do a Video with some Blue stuff in this week I think.

We need a day together and do some of your Buildings and some scenic like we did for Trebudoc, they were fun to do.

• Like 4

Hi Andy,

Enjoyed your TV moments! That nice sweeping curve is superb mate, bet your glad you took the plunge into handbuilt track, I like you always feared the thought but the difference speaks volumes.

Keep it up - but take your time! You get my drift I hope. (Grass by the weekend then)

Looking good Andy,

As much as I like those 9fs that 7f is an absolute beast. I actually missed out on one that I saw on Ebay a few weeks ago. It went really cheap too, not that I should be looking for steamers sometimes I just can't help myself.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 4

Especially not 7F's Pete. For North Wales, you'd need Black Fives, and lots of them :)

Your right Jason and an awful lot of Duchess's as well, you cant beak a good Black 5 or Duchess down to Bangor.

Now what was it I was saying about Blue stuff, ahahha

Hi Jason,

Don't worry I like black 5s, but my steam interests are more Southern. Ever since operating an S&D layout when I was a nipper, I have had an interest in the line.

I would love enough stock to run Llanbourne as a Bournemouth West but may have to settle for just running a few specials when no one is looking.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 5

Wondered if the 9F in the no the shot in post #4327 is towing that green box after it broke down? HaHaHa!

(Happened a lot in Scotland when the motorised thingies first appeared!

Still saw off the tea-kettles in bluddy sharp time - and now they are all in museums! Ok, they let some loose on the mainline as publicity-stunts, but... ;) ;) ;) :jester:

Before anyone bites, check out my name and profile-pic. 'Truth is, I love steam, primarily, but in it operational model terms with decent sound-systems...

Importantly, those pictures are gorgeous! 

Hal

• Like 2

How about doing blue with a difference, like on Abbotswood Jctn, and depicting pre-TOPS blue and green with headcodes?

Hi Jason,

Have you tried getting that transition era stuff, especially 'D' prefix loco's - very difficult at present.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I guess there's not too much demand for it really; quite rare to see a pre TOPS BR blue / green layout. When did they drop the D / E prefixes, as surely you could use TOPS period transfers then. Head codes would still be a challenge, having to remove the dominoes but it opens up the possibility to use more interesting wagons and add more variety whilst still being able to use some later wagons such as TTA's ('66 onwards? I've seen photos of 9F's hauling them)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jason,

Don't worry I like black 5s, but my steam interests are more Southern. Ever since operating an S&D layout when I was a nipper, I have had an interest in the line.

I would love enough stock to run Llanbourne as a Bournemouth West but may have to settle for just running a few specials when no one is looking.

Cheers Peter.

I would suggest a trip to the West Somerset when 88 is running!

Don

• Like 1