• RMweb Premium

Blimey, you're progressing at a ridiculous rate of knots mate.

I'm chuffed to bits for you as I imagine you had the biggest smile ever on your face when you unearthed your box of vans and staged those shots, and doesn't it look lovely with a nice length train?

• Like 1

There had been a lot of progress here since I last looked in!

I better find time later for a longer read through :)

Blimey, you're progressing at a ridiculous rate of knots mate.

I'm chuffed to bits for you as I imagine you had the biggest smile ever on your face when you unearthed your box of vans and staged those shots, and doesn't it look lovely with a nice length train?

Thanks Mickey and Jason, and yes I'm still GRINNING and cant wait to get out there again tomorrow and start to wire it all up, I will lay the Goods Loop once I have these two lines running as they should.

Progress has suddenly come alive again and I'm relishing every minute of it.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 8

It looks like the Baron is back :sungum:  :locomotive:

An amazing speed  :O  and what an improvement in the quality of track, especially as Jason says, with a full length train. :locomotive:

If you don't slow down you'll be finished before Jeff gets the first rain forest in the den.

Cheers Duncan and Clive, now that the track is down in this area I can cut the tracks in the morning and then start to do the wiring, but again there's no hurry, but I should have trains running along these main scenic boards by Tuesday.

On Monday Lee is coming up and we hope to do the second of the three Fiddle Yard boards.

• Like 4

Hi Andy

I'm back again having a look at Bitton... Fantastic progress with the main line down. There's no doubt about your enthusiasm to keep things moving along. It's always a great feeling when you finish work for the day and can't wait to get started again the following morning. 

I hadn't realised you also planned to run the layout with blue diesesl - that gets a definite "like" tick from me.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Hi Andy

I'm back again having a look at Bitton... Fantastic progress with the main line down. There's no doubt about your enthusiasm to keep things moving along. It's always a great feeling when you finish work for the day and can't wait to get started again the following morning. 

I hadn't realised you also planned to run the layout with blue diesesl - that gets a definite "like" tick from me.

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan, yes I will be running up to about 1990, so Railfreight and just into three tone Grey, but it will be built as a Steam / Transition era for running and photographic purposes.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

It looks like the Baron is back :sungum:  :locomotive:

An amazing speed  :O  and what an improvement in the quality of track, especially as Jason says, with a full length train. :locomotive:

If you don't slow down you'll be finished before Jeff gets the first rain forest in the den.

Every chance of that, Duncan.

Andy, just be careful. Once you get the track connected to the bus there's NO time allowed for play!

Jeff

Every chance of that, Duncan.

Andy, just be careful. Once you get the track connected to the bus there's NO time allowed for play!

Jeff

Your right Jeff, I need to get the Goods Yard laid and also the Storage Yard,

Happy Bunny.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Can you hear him, Sergeant Shoutalot, he is preparing the recruits for when they get on the train.

"You will place your suitcase on the luggage racks provided. On the command "Lift" you will lift your suitcase, on the count of three to the high port position, so it is 45 degrees across your chest with your left hand under the left corner in the lower position , thus. And your right hand in the upper position, thus. Then on the count of three you will place the suitcase on the rack provided, lifting with the left hand and guiding with the right, thus. I will now demonstrate the move. LIFT. 123 123" 

"For those not paying attention I will repeat the move in two halves. LIFT. 123. Note the case is at 45 degrees. 123. It is now on the luggage rack provided."

"Now you practice. LIFT."

"1   2    3" 

​"As you were, this time put some panache into it, it is 123" 

"LIFT"

"123, 123"

"Jones you are not supposed to drop your suitcase on Dobson's 'ead. If you have damaged it you will have to report to the Quartermaster and pay for a new one."

• Like 2

Oi Andy just slow down.  I'm exhausted trying to keep up.  It's sort of running like hell to stand still.  But well done anyway, nice to see you at full throttle, or are you just toying with us all, and you will pick up speed when we have all dropped out?

Derek 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Coming on in leaps and bounds and good quality. You spotted a couple of kinks. Do take a little time getting the alignments right you will be glad you did when it all runs really well.

Don

Oi Andy just slow down.  I'm exhausted trying to keep up.  It's sort of running like hell to stand still.  But well done anyway, nice to see you at full throttle, or are you just toying with us all, and you will pick up speed when we have all dropped out?

Derek 

Evening Derek, I do take it easy, I do about an Hour and then have at least an Hours sit down, normally with a cuppa.

Its coming on a lot slower than I would like, but looking back at 3 Months ago this is remarkable progress.

Excellent progress Andy, really starting to take shape now. The 9F looks great with that train on the sweeping curve. It gives some prospective of the size of the layout.

Someone mentioned the grass being put down tomorrow. I finish work at nine o'clock so when I log onI'm expecting to see the sausage factory in place as well. HaHaHa

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

Cor Brimey Mate!

I look in late last night and by this morning there's a lovely van train arrived at Bitton. FABULOUS!!!

You now need the goods lines in to shunt those wagons.............Ohhhh you are just doing that............Oooops, so sorry.

Fantastic progress mate, look forward to tonight's instalment!

• Like 2

Morning Guys, I've been in the Potting Shed for about half an hour this morning, then out for a nice walk with the dog, the weather's glorious here but bitterly cold out of the Sun.

Now its time for a sit down and a coffee for an hour, then there are things to do.

I have to clear the Window side of ALL the rubbish ready for Lee tomorrow afternoon when we hope to make at least one of the baseboards, fit the dowels and electrical sockets, although I will only need a twin feed for the tracks in the Storage Yard for now, as I will have manual points in tere until I can get around to buying 20 plus point motors and can be ars*d to wire them all up.

Back later.

Hi Andy,

Completely agree with the sentiments regarding 20+ point motors! I had 26 in the fiddle yard and 8 on the scenics and due to my over complicated method of wiring (I know but it works for me) there were 6 connections to each wire so 6 x 6 = 36 soldered joints to make one point motor work! Madness? Probably but I have found it very easy when the odd fault raises its head.

• RMweb Premium

Evening Derek, I do take it easy, I do about an Hour and then have at least an Hours sit down, normally with a cuppa.

Its coming on a lot slower than I would like, but looking back at 3 Months ago this is remarkable progress.

NO, Andy!

It's coming on at a hell of a pace - even Jason has said that. You don't want to get it done too quickly, as then what are you going to do?

We need a few QUALITY ongoing layout builds on here to keep us entertained (though, hopefully, I'll have less time to look on the Forum in the near future).

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

I've just noticed that Bitton has gone over 4000 Posts, of which probably only 2000 are really relevant.

Off to update the index now.

No problem with that, Andy.

I think only around 1000 of the last 5000 posts on KL could be considered relevant to KL2!

Jeff

Well just a little time before Lunch and so I fitted the Bus Bar to board 1.

The cable running through the Terminal Blocks are not bared or cut, they are only there to keep the cables neat and taught. 

post-9335-0-67729900-1420986667_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-34142400-1420986720_thumb.jpg

• Like 9