All I saw from the last few posts was "Trimming the front bush " lol

Sorry to hear about your problem but like others said it can be sorted mate

A good idea from enterprisingwestern see if you can take the board along and see if people at the expoEM can help

Brian

• RMweb Gold

I'm hoping to get there on saturday if you want a shoulder to cry on!

Bring the board along if you can, plenty of people to help and advise.

Mike.

Thanks Mike I'll be there tomorrow morning, an I never thought of bringing it along :) I've removed one of the check rails an that's helped, it's when it's travelling wrong line through the point, the back bogie is sometimes jumping, but it seems to be because the track it's connected to is slightly higher, I've superglued it down this morning an seems a bit better. I know they won't be travelling in that direction but I just want it right.

Thanks again an hopefully I'll see you tomorrow

Cheers, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Paul, where is it derailing/ rough riding? Turnout or diamond.

I know it is tempting to remove the track, rename your self ernest marples and model a supermarket car park instead, but you will get it sorted.

As you know from our PM conversation I seem to be inventing every way to get it wrong and it is blasted annoying, so I know how you feel. But you'll get it sorted.

I agree with Mike- there'll be plenty of advice from different people at expo. I'm going up there too on the scrounge for advice.

I was very tempted to launch it through the window mate!!!

I'm looking forward to meeting up though if your there tomorrow Derek we can both sit in the corner an cry ;)

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

All I saw from the last few posts was "Trimming the front bush " lol

Sorry to hear about your problem but like others said it can be sorted mate

A good idea from enterprisingwestern see if you can take the board along and see if people at the expoEM can help

Brian

Ha thanks mate, the bush is still huge, I'll prob be made to trim it on Sunday ;)

Looking forward to tomorrow though hopefully lots of wise wisdom and advice to be had!!

Cheers, Paul

the bush is still huge, I'll prob be made to trim it on Sunday ;)

Seems like you dig the hole deeper with every new post!!!! :jester:

Sorry to hear that everything isn't working as it should.

On the O gauge complex I built, I had to ease out a couple of check rails to make stock flow through it seamlessly. Even though the gap is supposed to be 1.5mm, it needed more.

As said above, see if you can take it along, as I'm sure you'll receive good advice.

Jinty ;)

• RMweb Gold

Ha I do don't I :D

The check rails in some places seem very tight, so like yourself I'll ease them out a bit, an hopefully that will help, I haven't tried anything through the diamond yet so that's tonight's job, so if that's just as troublesome there might be a party built junction for sale at expo tomorrow ;)

Thanks again mate, an I'll let you know how I get on tackling the bush ;)

Cheers, Paul

Ha I do don't I :D

The check rails in some places seem very tight, so like yourself I'll ease them out a bit, an hopefully that will help, I haven't tried anything through the diamond yet so that's tonight's job, so if that's just as troublesome there might be a party built junction for sale at expo tomorrow ;)

Thanks again mate, an I'll let you know how I get on tackling the bush ;)

Cheers, Paul

Don't be downhearted, we have all been there at some point, if the check rail solution,does not work tonight, am sure it will be resolved with freinds at Expo, on Sat.,

by Sunday,you should be sitting smug.   :boast:

• RMweb Gold

Thanks David I hope so, failing that I'll be making platforms for my simple Welsh layout ;)

I'll have to check the diamond tonight an see how that performs, a bit of giggling with the frog wires to the cobalts first though :)

Thanks again, Paul

• Like 1

Thanks David I hope so, failing that I'll be making platforms for my simple Welsh layout ;)

I'll have to check the diamond tonight an see how that performs, a bit of giggling with the frog wires to the cobalts first though :)

Thanks again, Paul

Sorry to lower the tone of things, but, will delete if you wish         :O

http://youtu.be/Kkq8UGBjEa4

• Like 1

Paul,

can I suggest looking at:

www.templot.com/martweb/gs_realtrack.htm

There are graphics showing the different types of crossings. It might be worth just checking that you've followed the 'rules' correctly.

I managed to resolve the latest issue that was stopping me progressing and with hindsight it was quite obvious and a very small issue. I bet yours will be similar.

When you say "wrong way running" which way do you mean? the left one coming towards you or the right one going away from you (assuming the toe closest and crossing furthest away). Have you managed to work out exactly where the wheels are jumping?

There are 100s of help guides in the internet- the problem is wading through the irrelevant ones to get to the helpful ones.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the link Derek, if you look from the toe of the points it's the line on the right (haven't tested the others yet) but it's where the toe of the point meets the flexi the flexi looked slightly raised but I've glued it down so I'll have to test it properly.

Tonight's problem though is Daisie dog has just had the female snip an is looking rather pee'd off so I recon any play time is going to be replaced with being on 'dog watch'.

A not so happy Daisie Dog

F7363836-A544-469B-8485-6486CBD2AC38_zps

Thanks again, Paul

Hi Paul

I hope the dog's ok.

I can't see your last post as I'm on another page. I don't know if it's any help (and as you know, I'm no expert- just repeating what others have said in the past) the gap between that blade and the stock rail is too small. Have you checked to make sure that the back of the wheel/flange isn't catching on it? Of course, it might just be the camera angle but it's supposed to be 1.4mm in P4 and I believe slightly larger in EM.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul

I hope the dog's ok.

I can't see your last post as I'm on another page. I don't know if it's any help (and as you know, I'm no expert- just repeating what others have said in the past) the gap between that blade and the stock rail is too small. Have you checked to make sure that the back of the wheel/flange isn't catching on it? Of course, it might just be the camera angle but it's supposed to be 1.4mm in P4 and I believe slightly larger in EM.

I've just had a quick 15 min upstairs and everything seems to work, I do think the switch rails need tweeking and I'm not happy with connecting flexi, but it looks far more promising than it did last night. Although I haven't really tested the 47 one of the wheels looks wonky the 40 seems spot on although I'd much rather have used ultrascale wheels as they drop in, I just didn't fancy waiting 6 months!!

A much happier Paul :)

Edited by PjKing1
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Spade.....

First time I've heard it called that :D

Let's hope yer missus don't read this.

Hat coat and running shoes, gone!

I was actually thinking that, along with finding out the true cost of model railways, she'll accuse me of making a large hole and discovering the bush is still not trimmed!!

I'll be grounded :(

Cheers, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Really good day at expo, picked up a couple of bargains, learnt a few things an great catching up with Mike an Martin, sorry I missed you Derek.

Feeling really positive now about ELJ an if things don't work first time I'll just persever :)

Cheers, Paul

• Like 4