Paul-I went there for the first time last year, and was really pleasantly surprised.

Quality layouts top traders and that relaxed feeling that you get at few shows these days

Well worth a visit-and you can ask me more questions-or exchange some beer tokens for bits! :scratchhead:

• RMweb Gold

Paul-I went there for the first time last year, and was really pleasantly surprised.

Quality layouts top traders and that relaxed feeling that you get at few shows these days

Well worth a visit-and you can ask me more questions-or exchange some beer tokens for bits! :scratchhead:

Cheers Martin, it will be good to pick your brains again and exchange some beer tokens!! :) C&L are there to so I'd be able to pick a few bits up of them to.

It's only 1h 42 from ours to so not to bad.

Thanks again, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to it as long as I can make, don't like speaking to soon as something always crops up!

But finger, toes etc all crossed!!

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Our chief weapon is a fanatical devotion to 18 millimetres and three link couplings...

No! Our two weapons are...

Hee hee

Phil

• RMweb Gold

More research, a bit of signal box painting and finishing touches to trees are all that's been done of late. As for the research I'm very much tempted to try one of the C&L turnout kits, yep their very pricey but it'll have all the chairs etc and one way of putting it would be if Daisie dog was a boy you might see two of these dangling between his legs!!

The only thing I am undecided on is the fact I'm copying the original, I just hope it's not boring doing away with the fictional loop and headshunt, thoughts would be welcome on this but I've still plenty of time to decide.

I'll have some pics of trees and the latest progress with the signal box on over the weekend :)

Cheers, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Just been asked an interesting question, "What are you going to do with ELJ OO?"

Well the answer is I haven't a clue, one thing for certain is the huts will be used on ELJ - EM, but as for the rest of it there's a couple of posibilities, first one is salvage what I can, as in point motors, wiring, signal etc, or do I sell it as it is, all wired etc, I could easily just buy another signal and four new point motors.

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers, Paul

Just been asked an interesting question, "What are you going to do with ELJ OO?"

Well the answer is I haven't a clue, one thing for certain is the huts will be used on ELJ - EM, but as for the rest of it there's a couple of posibilities, first one is salvage what I can, as in point motors, wiring, signal etc, or do I sell it as it is, all wired etc, I could easily just buy another signal and four new point motors.

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers, Paul

One way to find out Paul,

Put it up for sell, if you get a good price all well and good if not use it for parts. Pretty sure you will sell it though it's a great model.

All the best with going EM.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Peter, nothing lost is it! Like I said the only bits I want to keep are the two huts, but I'm fine selling everything else as it is. Hopefully ELJ em will be just as good but I've learnt a lot from what I've done so far.

Thanks again, Paul

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Another great visit to Widnes Model Centre today to deliver these.

C6F3A01D-F500-4C48-83AC-0ED8680460DB_zps

DE45AC88-1D3A-47EB-AF12-E5EF04C81229_zps

A3B0A2F9-A1E1-47EC-A0E8-880FE91C20D6_zps

0C4725C9-5E68-4504-9743-0C7EE9625F7D_zps

F645554B-64A2-405C-9534-738C31856EAB_zps

7A018918-3093-4F7B-B8D6-C7ECB4CCA678_zps

These are just a sample of the trees available built to order, from small shrubs and bushes to large trees for all seasons and all scales from N to O

If anyone wishes to see these there are samples at Widnes Model Centre, 51A Widnes Road, Widnes, Halton WA8 6AZ

A great shop with the most welcoming staff ever!!

I'd like to say a huge thank you to Barry, Gill and everyone there for there help with this and displaying them.

Cheers, Paul

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

A very small bit of painting done on the box today but that's all as I've been putting fences up in the garden, as for EM related track work, I don't think anything will be done till after DEMU as I'm hoping to pick a few bits up off C&L whilst I'm there an I'm off on my hols for a week next Friday.

Also when I get back ELJ OO gauge will be placed on eBay (minus huts) but if anyone is interested in it please pm me. Then it'll be new boards and new track :)

Here's a couple of pics of the first couple of coats.

2FD83BAF-5208-4071-9A4D-53B7DDA834C8_zps

591E6B18-C486-427B-B231-C2D1BCD70EE6_zps

Cheers, Paul

• Like 3

Eh what? what about ELJ on ebay?

What's happened?

Jesus- I'm away for a couple of months and suddenly everyone starts doing odd things... must be something in the water.

EDIT: Ah, going 18mm... Good luck. Enjoy chasing C&L plastic chairs around the floor with tweezers, wondering at your sanity (or is just me that does that?)

Edited by Derekstuart

• RMweb Gold

Don't worry Derek ELJ is just being rebuilt bigger and better, as for oo ELJ I was just going to use it for parts but it's in fully working order so if someone has a good home for it why not?

I'm off for a week in sunny Wales tomorrow but as soon as I'm back I'll make a start on it, can't wait :) although the thought of chasing chairs around isn't sounding to fun!! ;)

Cheers, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Still on our jollies in Wales but visited a small village called Dyffryn Ardudwy on Monday which brought back very happy memories from when I was knee high, which got me thinking of a small side project to ELJ.

It's a small country station which is now a single line but which once had a passing loop in the late 60's, I made a couple of models of the station area when I was young but it's something I've always wanted to model at some point. So as long as my full attention is on ELJ and it's coming along as I hope I'll be starting my little side project soon hopefully.

Here's a link to a thread a started the other day.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/99372-dyffryn-ardudwy/&do=findComment&comment=1893750

As for work on ELJ I'm hoping to be picking up the first bits of EM track at DEMU next week, then I'll make a start on the first board.

Cheers, Paul

• Like 2