Guest bri.s

Sounds like widnes model centre is a great modelshop ,if I'm ever over your way I'll be sure to go and have a browse at it's well stocked shelves

Brian

• Like 2

Hi Paul,

I have finally had a chance to catch up on your thread. The layout looks superb and the stock looks great love the weathering, your blue class 40 is a beast and sounds great.

I really like your scenery to the grass bank looks very nice with the mix of woodlands and static grass. Something I must do on my layout is get some static grass to improve my grass area's.

I am not sure if you still have your broken Heljan Duff but someone on here did use the Heljan motor, drive gear and bogies on a Lima chassis, The old Lima class 47 isn't too bad a molding and comes up well with some work. The same was done using Hornby class 31 bits to re power a Lima loco. 

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Peter for your kind words :) much appriciated, regarding the Heljan I've done a swap with Jinty with that and the diesel depot I had, I've now got these two to play with :)

F44BB7F3-0A34-416D-BD0F-C2EDABCF5420_zps

I've started weathering the 47 already so I'll have to get some pics.

Cheers Neil, must admit I'm havin fun building the box :D

Thanks again guys

Paul

• Like 3

No worries Paul,

I think you did quite well with those two. I think the Bachmann class 47 is a better model that the Heljan, and the Bachmann class 25s have their faults but I think they are a great little model I am sure it won't be long before you have it nice and dirty.

Cheers Peter. 

• RMweb Gold

No worries Paul,

I think you did quite well with those two. I think the Bachmann class 47 is a better model that the Heljan, and the Bachmann class 25s have their faults but I think they are a great little model I am sure it won't be long before you have it nice and dirty.

Cheers Peter.

Ha ha the 47 is already being dirtied :D both great models I'm made up with them, I've got plans for the 25 to but it's a secret ;)

Thanks again, Paul

Ha ha the 47 is already being dirtied :D both great models I'm made up with them, I've got plans for the 25 to but it's a secret ;)

Thanks again, Paul

Secret Rat plans, :O  I will have to keep dropping by.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul,

They look nice on Edge Lane.

As for the 25, what about chromatic blue with SYP!!!!

Jinty ;-)

Thanks Jinty and have you been reading my mind :O

Cheers, Paul

Looking great

David

Thanks David :)

Cheers, Paul

• RMweb Gold

I've seen a picture somewhere of a green 'Rat' with an 'orange' panel. Apparently a test before yellow was used!!!!

Jinty ;-)

I've seen that to, there's some great early liverys out there, now the secret is out im doing blue syp with late crest, I'll have to get the 47 finished first though :)

Cheers, Paul

Couple of vids I did this afternoon :)

Cheers, Paul

Paul,

How many more times do I have to tell you about EE type 4 video clips; I reckon you're doing it on purpose now :punish:

Nice work though.

Andy.

ps glad to see the signalman's learning :yes:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Paul,

How many more times do I have to tell you about EE type 4 video clips; I reckon you're doing it on purpose now :punish:

Nice work though.

Andy.

ps glad to see the signalman's learning :yes:

Ha ha sorry Andy I forgot about your EE type 4 urges, go on you know you want one or two :D I'm still after a green centre headcode, so if I buy one you can buy one, then we'll both be happy.

And I had stern words with the signal man he's learnt his lesson!!

Thanks again, Paul

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, sorry for lack of updates but apart from detailing and weathering the 47 and making a couple of trees I've not done anything on ELJ. I have however ordered some brass cosmetic fishplates from C&L finescale so I'm going to get them fitted to the goods lines and start adding some lineside clutter as in sleepers and bits of rail etc. I also want to of made a start on some of the backscene within the next week or two, the original had the Meccano factory next to it but I'm just going to model some factory warehouses, just makes life a bit easier ;)

Thanks for the patience and there will be some pics of the progress so far of the 47 on my weathering thread either tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers, Paul

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, sorry for lack of updates but apart from detailing and weathering the 47 and making a couple of trees I've not done anything on ELJ. I have however ordered some brass cosmetic fishplates from C&L finescale so I'm going to get them fitted to the goods lines and start adding some lineside clutter as in sleepers and bits of rail etc. I also want to of made a start on some of the backscene within the next week or two, the original had the Meccano factory next to it but I'm just going to model some factory warehouses, just makes life a bit easier ;)

Thanks for the patience and there will be some pics of the progress so far of the 47 on my weathering thread either tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers, Paul

Nice ideas PAul - need to do the clutter thing on Abbotswood

Phil