The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

• RMweb Premium

I must be thirsty!!!  It's been ages since I was here.

Just visiting to record a need to empty the contents of the drinks cabinet before it gets packed for shipping.  Part-empty containers cannot be shipped; full and sealed ones must be declared for duty including the St. Austell Proper Job I had delivered.  As I don't wish to pay the Customs person for the privilege of enjoying them I'll drain the lot here over the next few weeks.  

Along with three bottles of single malt and half a rack of wines, various. 

• Like 5

Hmmm.

This is an unintended consequence of changing the thread name from 'beer thread' to 'currently drinking'... 

In the literal sense of "currently drinking" (and not beer) I offer the following:

post-1819-0-12561200-1484713969_thumb.jpg

Something of a vin ordinaire 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon from the Columbia Valley in Washington to help digest my cooking - nice and relevant since I was literally drinking it while reading this thread.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

In the literal sense of "currently drinking" (and not beer) I offer the following:

attachicon.gifvino.JPG

Something of a vin ordinaire 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon from the Columbia Valley in Washington to help digest my cooking - nice and relevant since I was literally drinking it while reading this thread.

A post of mine in this thread is in the pic in your post in this thread which is in my post replying to your post.......or should that be pist?

Anyway, currently drinking Taylor's (tea) and taking the meds :D

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We have currently switched from Tetley to Yorkshire tea, on an experimental basis.

Well done that man. 

As Damian has changed the thread title, I've been recently enjoying the occasional G&T with Sheeps Eye gin, made a couple of miles from me.

http://www.thelickerishtooth.com/product-page/33a6d814-5ecd-0588-aa85-a4abb263e5d7

• RMweb Gold

We have currently switched from Tetley to Yorkshire tea, on an experimental basis.

Be careful you might end up wearing red overalls and flat cap.  :jester: .

P. I. Stake

• RMweb Gold

Well done that man. 

As Damian has changed the thread title, I've been recently enjoying the occasional G&T with Sheeps Eye gin, made a couple of miles from me.

http://www.thelickerishtooth.com/product-page/33a6d814-5ecd-0588-aa85-a4abb263e5d7

I do so hope that does not include a sheep's eyeball in the way that Mezcal has a dead worm in it. Anything seems possible these days.

Olddudders and I are enjoying our second TIB, which happens to be Typhoo as there was a special offer in Lidl. Otherwise, we are happy enough with their own brand. One of the few things on which we disagree (bear in mind we are newlyweds!) is whether tea is better made in a pot or in the mug. I favour the teapot, even when I'm alone, but he prefers the other method.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Olddudders and I are enjoying our second TIB, which happens to be Typhoo as there was a special offer in Lidl. Otherwise, we are happy enough with their own brand. One of the few things on which we disagree (bear in mind we are newlyweds!) is whether tea is better made in a pot or in the mug. I favour the teapot, even when I'm alone, but he prefers the other method.

Clearly you need to educate him out of his slovenly habits and getting him into proper British tea making ;)   And make sure he warms the pot first, this video will no doubt help -

Must admit Ashley that the pot does make a better cup of tea. And that from a coffee drinker...

All the best,

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I can't drink tea made in the cup/mug, I use loose leaf tea. I make tea in a filter tea-pot which makes it almost as convenient as tea bags as the leaves are contained within the filter. Also the tea will not stew as the leaves can be removed after the first teas are poured. One problem with tea bags is that they are for the most part not compostable, if they were they would disintegrate as soon as the boiling water was poured onto them. I have found that the best tea for filter teapots is 'large leaf', the fine leaf teas as sold in most supermarkets clog the filter. I obtain my tea from the 'Wee Tea' company and find their breakfast blend to be excellent.

• Like 1