The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

I like it too, but it's not like any other Mild I've drunk! It also tastes completely different depending on whether it's served through an electric pump or hand pump... Mind you the same could be said for the Scottish beers like Maclays which were brewed to be served via the Scottish water pump when compared with hand pump or gravity.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Worsdell forever said:

Could we all please have a moments silence for the passing on my OP glass, a Christmas gift from Mrs WF. May it rest in pieces. :cray_mini:.

And Theakstons don't have any more so I can't replace it. 

20210831_181923.jpg.6d6f07dd26092eb43fe196c9953da040.jpg

A moments silence!!!!!! I declare a national day of mourning! 

——As I speak the locals in my cupboard have arranged a wreath and memorial!

DDD0E5B1-0C96-45CE-8545-D17EDCDF7171.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Friends up from Somerset brought me some beer, all from the Fine Tuned Brewery.  All were good, with the Sunshine Reggae being particularly nice.  I did note that my friend bought these, in Somerset, for £3.00 a bottle, which would be regarded up here as somewhat steep for an average strength small brewery beer.  Is that about the going rate in the south?

DT

• Like 1

Ended up with a bottle of Gordons Pink Gin last night, ye gods what is this concoction.

Smelt like fruit, tasted like chemicals - only thing I would put with it was tap water, I was not wasting the gin but I was certainly not wasting good tonic water on it.

Once you get past the taste it does the required job quite well 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, Torper said:

Friends up from Somerset brought me some beer, all from the Fine Tuned Brewery.  All were good, with the Sunshine Reggae being particularly nice.  I did note that my friend bought these, in Somerset, for £3.00 a bottle, which would be regarded up here as somewhat steep for an average strength small brewery beer.  Is that about the going rate in the south?

DT

£2.50 to £3 per bottle seems the norm across England for the micro breweries I use

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

The local Co-Ops are usually good for "local" beers and often have them on offer, round here the local beers are £2.20/40 range when not on offer (Worcestershire). The big supermarkets are hit and miss if you want local beers and not the usual crap, though the Sainsburys in Burnley had the Coniston beer and one in Edinburgh has some Stewarts on at under £2 a bottle which was really good!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

We bought this can from Tilt in Birmingham some time ago. Wasn't cheap but when you can't go to California it's the next best option.

Tilt is a favourite bar when we are in Birmingham especially for a few night caps after a day out on a pub crawl

Anyway, today was a good day to open this cherry Stout and wow its good.

Unfortunately I had to share it but  my other half did actually buy it.

20210924_182147.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, roundhouse said:

We bought this can from Tilt in Birmingham some time ago. Wasn't cheap but when you can't go to California it's the next best option.

Tilt is a favourite bar when we are in Birmingham especially for a few night caps after a day out on a pub crawl

Anyway, today was a good day to open this cherry Stout and wow its good.

Unfortunately I had to share it but  my other half did actually buy it.

20210924_182147.jpg

At 10.2%, sharing was probably a good thing??

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Black 5 Bear said:

"A Malt whisky for those who don't like whisky taste".

Sorry but I have the ask the question, why buy a whisky when you don't like the whisky taste ?

Many folk have said over the years that they don't like the taste of whisky, what I am providing is a sample of the fact that just like beer and other drinks, that taste can indeed vary greatly. The Benriach would be one to try if you are thinking you don't like whisky, when in fact there are possibly many that you may actually like, if get my drift.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, tigerburnie said:

Many folk have said over the years that they don't like the taste of whisky, what I am providing is a sample of the fact that just like beer and other drinks, that taste can indeed vary greatly. The Benriach would be one to try if you are thinking you don't like whisky, when in fact there are possibly many that you may actually like, if get my drift.

I agree with you. I like the light creamy feel of Speyside whiskies, but I don’t like the peaty, smoky whiskies from the islands.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 88D said:

I agree with you. I like the light creamy feel of Speyside whiskies, but I don’t like the peaty, smoky whiskies from the islands.

For me it's the heavily peated/smokey and sharp taste that I personally favour. Still, each to their own, personal preference and all that ! :D

Edited by Black 5 Bear
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1