The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, SVRlad said:

Tangle Foot for me tonight. But last Monday I baked another Tangle Foot toad in the hole. Here’s the finished product:

9BB1BC68-906F-45FC-AA73-A4DEF1AC69D9.jpeg

Those toads don't look very snug, they should be buried in their holes.:jester:

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Those toads don't look very snug, they should be buried in their holes.:jester:

Indeed my first thought was WTF went on there? 

Too much Tangle Foot before dinner I think :lol:

• Funny 4

17 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Indeed my first thought was WTF went on there? 

Too much Tangle Foot before dinner I think :lol:

No officer, I wasn’t drinking while cooking! *hic* :derisive:

Badger haven’t referred to it as a ‘deceptively drinkable ale’ for no reason. But all jokes aside, that wasn’t my best effort; my best so far was this last August. 

510C08A5-3A4B-4F4C-A8FE-0F70D55F4A8A.jpeg.2225cad71bd05051f24a6cebdbab3e3a.jpeg

Must admit though that that wasn’t made with Tangle Foot; despite being located literally next door to the brewery, Tesco in Blandford didn’t have any Tangle Foot, so we had to make do with some Golden Champion, which I would enjoy if it wasn’t for that peculiar floral aftertaste.

• Funny 3

I've finally reached the last of my latest batch of Brewdog beers, and this one is a bit of a whopper at 14% having been aged in ex-Islay whisky casks (no distillery declared but I reckon Laphroaig on this batch of Paradox)

To help it along I've also poured the last quite large dram from a bottle of Port Charlotte from Bruichladdich distillery, sad to see the end of it but its place in the cabinet will be taken by a Lagavulin 16 y/o so its not all bad news.

pi.jpg

• Like 6
  • Funny 1

7 hours ago, Bert Cheese said:

I've finally reached the last of my latest batch of Brewdog beers, and this one is a bit of a whopper at 14% having been aged in ex-Islay whisky casks (no distillery declared but I reckon Laphroaig on this batch of Paradox)

To help it along I've also poured the last quite large dram from a bottle of Port Charlotte from Bruichladdich distillery, sad to see the end of it but its place in the cabinet will be taken by a Lagavulin 16 y/o so its not all bad news.

pi.jpg

Many years back, I was packing to move house. My very strong bottle of Russian Imperial Stout still had 5 years of maturation/conditioning to go, but I thought it would blow up with all the move. So I drank it that night. Needless to say, there was no more packing that night; and I have never drunk really strong beer since!

• Like 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 29/03/2020 at 00:50, Bert Cheese said:

pi.jpg

Does it taste 'normal' or does it taste 12% strong?

I've had mixed experiences with Imperial Stouts but the Sam Smiths one is very drinkable despite being 7.5%

• Like 5

On 29/03/2020 at 00:50, Bert Cheese said:

pi.jpg

I thought the 12% strength the other day was strong but 14% Double wowser! Looks like you could stand a spoon up in that! Would love a try mind!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, black and decker boy said:

Does it taste 'normal' or does it taste 14% strong?

I've had mixed experiences with Imperial Stouts but the Sam Smiths one is very drinkable despite being 7.5%

It was deceptively easy to drink, rich and smooth with no real alcohol burn, these sort of stouts are what Brewdog have always done best in my opinion, some of their lighter offerings are fine but they've released some real tosh recently in the form of various wishy-washy variations of IPA which have really failed to impress...mind you the Paradox Islay did cost me around a tenner!

Sam Smiths may take some stick over their pubs and owner/chairman, but I'd agree that their bottled stouts (and Yorkshire Stingo if you can find/afford it) are usually superb.

Edited by Bert Cheese
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, 43110andyb said:

It’s like an auction! Any advance on 14.5% 

I'm out at a mere 14%, guess I'll have to take the shame...

PS: Don't tell anyone but I've been on Holsten Pils & Spiced rum tonight...can't afford or pretend be a beer connoisseur all the time :drink_mini:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Bert Cheese said:

It was deceptively easy to drink, rich and smooth with no real alcohol burn, these sort of stouts are what Brewdog have always done best in my opinion, some of their lighter offerings are fine but they've released some real tosh recently in the form of various wishy-washy variations of IPA which have really failed to impress...mind you the Paradox Islay did cost me around a tenner!

Sam Smiths may take some stick over their pubs and owner/chairman, but I'd agree that their bottled stouts (and Yorkshire Stingo if you can find/afford it) are usually superb.

I’m a fan of their IPAs as well. They don’t appear to be discounted in price, but I still buy them as my special treat.

• Like 2

Marstons Pedigree tonight. Went rather well with some pork. 

But Morrisons are selling this and EPA for just £1! I have an idea why that might be the case - as Marstons own lots of pubs and hotels, they might be bottling much more than they would normally to make up for their establishments being closed, and they might also be prepared to sell their bottles for a lower price than usual if it means more sales.

5153B136-118D-487C-AADD-0335C66DA471.jpeg.94b875232d60642fac0e3d552b9d531e.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, black and decker boy said:

Easter weekend treat.

starry Nights by Malt brewery. 

having trouble getting the beer to flow, think I’m doing something wrong!!

E91D5C97-7A15-4832-B5B9-0FE2502CE2A8.jpeg.76d075343048fe638a535b94c699d647.jpeg

Sorry in advance if this is trying to teach your granny to suck eggs! Make sure you close the pressure nozzle at the top after each pour then open again before the next, it should keep the pressure up (I hope that’s the answer for an easy fix :drink_mini:).

• Like 3

My beer drinking is restricted to Stod Fold (Halifax, btw) Gold for a while. I have taken delivery of 32 pints in a ‘bag in a box’. Very nice too, and keeping well. My son joins in, so it won’t last the month that is the ‘warranty’ for its keeping. Came to 1.53 per pint, including delivery.

Edited by 88D
Addition
  • Like 5

On 12/04/2020 at 23:11, 43110andyb said:

Sorry in advance if this is trying to teach your granny to suck eggs! Make sure you close the pressure nozzle at the top after each pour then open again before the next, it should keep the pressure up (I hope that’s the answer for an easy fix :drink_mini:).

Sorry, my attempt at a joke as the photo was coming out transposed so showing the barrel on its side 

thank you for the advice though

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, black and decker boy said:

Sorry, my attempt at a joke as the photo was coming out transposed so showing the barrel on its side 

thank you for the advice though

:mocking_mini: Hook line and sinker! (Not just me hopefully??? :blush:)  There are too many posts that have pics poorly orientated so it definitely caught me out!  

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1