OO Gauge class 71 Electric Locomotive

DJM Dave

• RMweb Gold

OMG OMG OMG

They look fantastic!!!!!

What's involved with fitting the shoes and what is this 'stop please' I keep hearing about?

There's a card enclosed which essentially reads - stop please -RTFM  (I paraphrase)...

Quite a comprehensive bits bag containing shoes, body mounting brackets, headcodes, buffer beam details, etc, etc.

Enough to keep one occupied for a while.

• Like 1

• Trade Member

Legomanbiffo Sound Decoders are available for these locomotives, the DJ Class 71 offer is:

'send a copy of the first page of the instruction booklet' by e.mail to charlie@dckits.co.uk, stating the order number from the online order (EXAMPLE 007101) and the ESU Standard V4 decoder with a 20X40mm Speaker for the offer price of £100.00 + postage.  From d.c.kits-devideos.co.uk.

We have a sample here of the model, in makes the Hornby model look, as its been designed by people who know absolutely nothing about DCC or DCC Sound, its a brilliant,

well thought out model, designed by a modeller who knows what we want! a big well done from us here. 

Ian & Charlie

• Like 2

They do look superb.  I haven't ordered one, even being an SR modeller, but well done to Dave for what looks like an excellent model.  It's been interesting watching the process from start to finish.

Now it's OO Class 92 time, of which I have three on order . . .  :jester:

They do look superb.  I haven't ordered one, even being an SR modeller, but well done to Dave for what looks like an excellent model.  It's been interesting watching the process from start to finish.

Now it's OO Class 92 time, of which I have three on order . . .  :jester:

Ah, the 92 in both N and OO have benefited by what i could and couldn't do with the 71, and as such are a magnitude higher than whatever is out there now or announced by others, by a magnitude.  The factory i use havn't won 30+ model of the year awards for nothing!  

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Just received mine and upon opening the package found that I had two x -002 whereas I had ordered one each of -002 and -003 as stated  on the transaction receipt.

Phoned Kernow and, to be honest, I could not believe (and still don't believe) the very off-hand response I received from the (youngish-sounding) guy who answered the phone. Without any to do I was told to send the duplicate back, they would then refund the postage and send the correct model as ordered. No apology as such was made.

So, Kernow have messed things up and I have to repack the item and make a special trip to town to post the item back to them. He made it clear that they would not organise its return which could easily be done through DPD. He even refused to take my name and address as he didn't see any need for it. Also pointed out to him that one of the boxes was dented but that didn't seem to worry him. I could not believe what I was hearing.

attachicon.gifDJM-Box-1.jpg

I've been dealing with Kernow for a number of years and still have a number of items on back order with them but have never been treated in such a way when I have phoned them before. I hope it never happens again......

Keith

Since my posting above Chris Trerise at Kernow has contacted me on the phone at which time we were able to discuss in detail all the matters mentioned above. All has been resolved and will be sorted accordingly.

Many thanks Chris for your help and assistance.

Keith   

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

You just need more practice. When I spent 7 weeks on them at the start of the year, I learned how to carry a cup of hot coffee whilst using them. And that was with no weight on my right foot. You have no dedication to the class 71 cause ;-)

Roy

Errr.....I haven't been able to walk for three months....

post-10195-0-49926800-1494449544_thumb.jpg

post-10195-0-63159200-1494449563.png

I am up on crutches now, but I can't use them and carry anything!

Excuses, excuses!!  ;)  :jester: 

P.s. I can sympathise having been restricted in movement a bit (not as severely as you though) for the last few weeks after a heavy fall.

Legomanbiffo Sound Decoders are available for these locomotives, the DJ Class 71 offer is:

'send a copy of the first page of the instruction booklet' by e.mail to charlie@dckits.co.uk, stating the order number from the online order (EXAMPLE 007101) and the ESU Standard V4 decoder with a 20X40mm Speaker for the offer price of £100.00 + postage.  From d.c.kits-devideos.co.uk.

We have a sample here of the model, in makes the Hornby model look, as its been designed by people who know absolutely nothing about DCC or DCC Sound, its a brilliant,

well thought out model, designed by a modeller who knows what we want! a big well done from us here. 

Ian & Charlie

I have 2 71's on order 0071-101 from DJM & 0071-002HAT from Hatton's & I have been tossing up weather to get sound for them

This offer make sound more attractive for me

Does this offer apply to the Hatton's model as well

As I am half a world away from most 71 buyers I don't expect to see my 71's for at least 4 weeks

Do I have to wait until I get the models to send the first page copy or is there another way around this

John

• RMweb Premium

How did you manage to do that? Looks painful! Hope you make a full recovery.

Walking!  Fell on a muddy path, foot caught against a rock, twisted as I fell, foot broken in half sideways basically - google 'lisfranc fracture'.  All 5 metatarsals displaced and broken. Yup, it smarted!  Full recovery unlikely, its an injury that 'doesn't do well', I will have a lot of problems in years to come.  41 years a biker and never done anything like that - stick to motorcycles, they're safer than walking.

In other on topic news - it should come today.....

• RMweb Premium

I was only joking. Have you bought a backpack? I couldn't have coped without.

Roy

No - zimmer with a pannier (no, not that sort...) on the front.  I have been no weight bearing for 3 months, so had to hop everywhere.  Grim.

Parcel should be in Douglas sorting office now.....

• RMweb Gold

Read post #1480

I was maybe hoping for something a bit more helpful like one from Dave but it's ok

They are expected imminently.I was in touch with Hattons yesterday to confirm my own order....the email for which order I had lost.So not long now.