OO Gauge class 71 Electric Locomotive

DJM Dave

• RMweb Premium

We've waited this long, another few days is nothing.  Better to have the good quality product than rush a compromise.  Getting mine is the goal I need to get back on my feet and into the garage to try it on the layout, where I haven't been for 3 months since my accident.

• RMweb Premium

You can go off some people, you know

Not only the day our 71s should land but also the day I saw my worldly goods, including the model collection, off in a London-bound container.

• RMweb Premium

I'm sorry New Haven Neil but that is not even funny. The Rena disaster caused one of the biggest environmental disasters here in New Zealand and was not at all a laughing matter to any of us.

• RMweb Premium

Great photo though! Apologies for diverting the thread!

They are indeed here now, obviously missed the update they weren't being air freighted. Not really relevant (and not trolling), was just interested as it seemed quite unorthodox.

Edited by njee20

• RMweb Premium

I'm sorry New Haven Neil but that is not even funny. The Rena disaster caused one of the biggest environmental disasters here in New Zealand and was not at all a laughing matter to any of us.

As an ex-merchant navy engineer officer I know all about it.  However, I am sure that you are quite aware that it was a post made in good faith and in good humour, nothing at all to do with that particular incident.  I have close involvement with a disaster that caused the loss of all the crew of the biggest British merchant vessel ever lost at sea, and almost me with it, but I can still take a joke meant in good faith.  Please do me the courtesy of doing likewise.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Someone's had their sense of humour amputated, methinks! :nono:

In the context of the pointless 'froth' in which it was posted, I'm sure that most members would have appreciated the irony intended.

That *doesn't* mean that we are oblivious to the more serious consequences of a situation such as this.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

PS. ...... yes, I have been to NZ - quite recently - and I am acutely aware of your matchless coastal environment.

Edited by cctransuk

• RMweb Premium

Sorry for the harsh reply Neil, it's just still a very sore point to many in NZ. Back onto the subject of the thread, I'm looking forward to seeing the arrival of the 71.

Hi everyone,

you know when you think everything is ticking along nicely, but you always have a nagging doubt? well here it is.

The ship didn't dock yesterday, it in fact docks tomorrow (It's been delayed 2 days apparently). Currently it is in the English Channel off Falmouth heading for Southampton....at 5.6knots.

OOCL Korea if anyone wants to follow it?

i'm trying to get Chris from Kernow to take a row boat out to it and off load your locomotives by hand but after this last weekends pasty eating in Taunton, i'm not sure he is up for it. 

So, apologies here, but its on its way, in English waters, just not landed yet.

cheers

Dave

I am wishing now I was modelling SR electrics so I join in with the excitement, looks like a lovely model and when it finally lands that will be DJM own label model number 2 delivered.

I have to say this crowdfunding does seem to bring something more personal to this hobby, we never get this excited about where a Bachmann container is.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I am wishing now I was modelling SR electrics so I join in with the excitement, ...

I am wishing a lot of other people were also modelling SR electrics, so that those who make model railway stock for sale could make some stuff that I would like.,

The ship didn't dock yesterday, it in fact docks tomorrow (It's been delayed 2 days apparently). Currently it is in the English Channel off Falmouth heading for Southampton....at 5.6knots.

I'll just pop down to Portland Bill and see if I can see it go past! ;)

Thanks Dave for providing us the opportunity to crowdfund this development, I didn't imagine two years ago it would be this long, but as the project has moved forward we have been able to see the amount of work involved and of course this has been alongside all the other models you have managed to bring to market.

Be assured that if you propose another crowdfunded project that I like, I will invest.

I am wishing a lot of other people were also modelling SR electrics, so that those who make model railway stock for sale could make some stuff that I would like.,

I nearly did 12 months ago but chickened out. Never will we see the prices then for EPBs, VEPS and CEPs again, I went pre war instead, still lots of outsourced to DJM stock to purchase from this era.

Oh and thanks, I've just been thinking if a second cameo SR electric layout is possible.

• RMweb Premium

I nearly did 12 months ago but chickened out. Never will we see the prices then for EPBs, VEPS and CEPs again, I went pre war instead, still lots of outsourced to DJM stock to purchase from this era.

I stocked up. Glad I did - but maybe a little too much as I just recently found a second 2-EPB I have no recollection of buying!  I got one off Steve Lewis, the other.....????  Oops.  still, it'll come in, 2 4-CEPs were an indulgence too but one from Andy Y was a bargain, well they both were TBH as they got sold off for pennies and now we have to charge over £220 for them.

Looking forward to the 71 a lot though, the detail on the bogies looked superb.