Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
On 04/03/2019 at 23:32, Clive Mortimore said:

Cor blimey, I wrote this two years ago, for the old Mk1 layout. Well much of it still applies. Gone are the through WR and SR coaches so no more V and O headcodes.

There will be an increase of class 1 headcodes  fitted to locos. 
 I have worked out the class 2 train's headcodes for the those with 2 and 4 figure headcode displays, using an Ian Allan headcode book dated 1962.

Trains to and from the LMR

Manchester, class 2 trains with four figure headcodes 2M82, Liverpool 2M80, Southport 2M83, Blackpool 2M87 and Preston 2M86. Two figure headcodes, Manchester B5 up trains, B2 down trains, Liverpool B3 both directions, Southport B4 up and B5 down, Blackpool B7 up and B4 down and Preston B6 both directions. These shouldn't clash with heacodes already in use.

Trains to and from the NER

Leeds via Barnsley B6 two figure and 2N54 four figure, Halifax B9 and 2N57, Bradford via Barnsley B5 and 2N81, Huddersfield B2 and 2N84, Hull B1 and 2N64, York B2 and 2N95, Leeds Via Doncaster B8 and 2N75, Brandford via Doncaster B7 and 2N76, Wakefield B5 and 2N62, Scarborough B4 and 2N91 and Horrogate B3 and 2N67. 

Trains on the ER,

Two figure headcode Doncaster 2D, Grimbsy and Cleethorpes 2P, and Sheffield and Barnsley 2G, Four figure did not have route numbers, each train having its own number, so a Grimsby train would be 2Pxx .

On re-reading this post I realised that the trains to Sheffield Exchange from the LMR should have an E in place of the M and those from the NER likewise should have an E in place of the N.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

They don't write songs like they use to.

Sorry Clive, what a relief that is!

Kind regards,

🤮

Richard B

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

The Blue Peter baby.

I never knew that. She scrubs up well for a 44 year old mother of five.

During the pandemic she did a weekly internet show from her kitchen. Her kids just carried on playing as normal, the two youngest would start to squabble over a toy so as she was singing she would be breaking up the fight. Her eldest if caught on camera would give that embarrassed teenage look "She isn't my mum". Loads of respect for her after watching her "Disco in the Kitchen" shows.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 28/05/2023 at 01:07, St Enodoc said:

The Blue Peter baby.

Must go back to Bar Italia a Roma. Many thanks

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 14/05/2023 at 20:16, Clive Mortimore said:

On re-reading this post I realised that the trains to Sheffield Exchange from the LMR should have an E in place of the M and those from the NER likewise should have an E in place of the N.

4 character days were probably the worst from the modelling point of view. Two character route codes for DMUs are a bit easier. When you look back it's surprising how short those times were. 2 character DMU codes were a mid to late 1950s introduction and 4 characters started appearing c1960. By the end of the 70s we were all playing dominos. The spread of train describers accociated with track circuit block rendered them redundant. Recent modern image have it easy. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to decide if Ms Cyrus's version is good or not - kinda think the song belongs to Debbie Harry back in the day.

It's well put together and Ms Cyrus has sufficient clothing on to be both alluring and safe for RMWeb, unlike a few years back, that's a set of choppers she has too.  She's a good singer, but with this song I cannot make my mind up if I like it or not.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Trying to decide if Ms Cyrus's version is good or not - kinda think the song belongs to Debbie Harry back in the day.

I'm with you. That's a Blondie song - end of story.

• Agree 6