DPM Models MT Arms hotel modernisation ideas

• RMweb Gold

Can anyone point me in the direction of either;

any articles covering the kit bash and / or modernisation of the DPM hotel kit,

or, any links to pictures of similar buildings in the US where I would get some ideas on modern facades, signeage etc.

Thanks chaps

One I know of, although not quite as ornate:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@41.748247,-77.301285,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m5!1e2!3m3!1s17379355!2e1!3e10

Penn Wells Hotel in Wellsboro, PA.

In smaller towns that style of hotel really hasn't changed much. Probably the biggest visible change would window airconditioners.

Adrian

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Adrian, just what I was looking for. I had a look on google images at the Penn Wells hotel. I presume the air con eqpt would be on the roof or on a back wall out of sight?

Thanks

Tony

Thanks Adrian, just what I was looking for. I had a look on google images at the Penn Wells hotel. I presume the air con eqpt would be on the roof or on a back wall out of sight?

Thanks

Tony

No. The metal boxes in the windows are stand-alone a/c units. There is no central air conditioning in that hotel, as I know from experience.

Something like these: http://www.blmamodels.com/cgi-bin/webstore/shop.cgi?ud=CQgCAAgBBwQFBxQUEBEcHAINBQIGAgUFCQkTEQAA&t=main.blue.htm&storeid=1&cols=1&categories=01001-00011&&c=detail.blue.htm&t=main.blue.htm&itemid=4109

Adrian

• RMweb Gold

Adrian, I have seen the BLMA a/c units before. Just what I need it seems! The pictures I found on google must be before the window a/c units were fitted. I have now found up to date pics that clearly show them. Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Thanks again Adrian. A quick google came up the Watertown Daily Times. Plenty of pics of it, plus surrounding buildings.

Tony

Archived