Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, DaveF said:

FelixstoweBeachClas4747049upfreightlinerMay75J4278.jpg.43b989c3e2e81c3ee52883dda1ad3cbf.jpg

Felixstowe Beach Class 47 47049 up freightliner May 75 J4278

Another shot you can't get today due to the vegetation.

230524FelixstoweBeach66713ForestCityon4L28DoncasterIportGBRFtoFelixstoweSouth(5)smallP.JPG.4d15136cf9a5e1c11e628e194b0fca9a.JPG

I think your photo was taken to the right of where I was standing but with all the bushes this is as close as you can get today.  66713 Forest City enters Felixstowe South with 4L28 from Doncaster Iport GBRF on 24th May 2023.

Chris Turnbull

Edited by Chris Turnbull
Wrong year
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Another shot you can't get today due to the vegetation.

230524FelixstoweBeach66713ForestCityon4L28DoncasterIportGBRFtoFelixstoweSouth(5)smallP.JPG.4d15136cf9a5e1c11e628e194b0fca9a.JPG

I think your photo was taken to the right of where I was standing but with all the bushes this is as close as you can get today.  66713 Forest City enters Felixstowe South with 4L28 from Doncaster Iport GBRF on 24th May 2023.

Chris Turnbull

I think that is the right place, everything has changed so much - I must be getting old to think that!

David

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

I think I remember those Pegswood pictures from before - I'd assumed that there would have been wholesale demolition as well as the bing removal but looking at more modern maps it seemed that at least some terraces were retained.

Edited by keefer
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a fantastic set of photo’s of the Thames Haven branch (Shell Haven branch), and the Great Eastern in Essex and Suffolk. In particular I like C3561, at Manningtree, of SR Class S15 841, Greene King, & Class 31, 31125, on a special train from Liverpool St to Dinting, in October, 1977. A beautiful three quarter portrait shot of the steam locomotive. 

The Northumberland ECML photo’s north of Morpeth but south of Alnmouth, are a superb selection. C6011, at Widdrington station, with a Class 254 HST, on an up express train, in April, 1983, is a most impressive photo’, superbly composed, of the iconic train. 

Very best regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a superb set of photo’s of the Great Eastern at Church Lane crossing, and Chelmsford. In particular I like the last photo’ at Chelmsford, with 37014 on a down express, on Saturday the 4th March, 1978. A splendid composition in the weak early March sun.

The photo’s from between Peterborough and Grantham are a fantastic selection. The last photo’ at Swayfield, with a Class 55, on a down express, in December, 1974, is a superb shot of the train the low December sun. A stunning sight.

Very best regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

J4029 is 55004 Queen’s Own Highlander, not 55022.

J4123 is 55019 Royal Highland Fusiliers

Thanks again Andrew.  I don't know why but I just cannot tell deltics apart except in a few cases.

David