Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

The first of the Swiss batch C9687 looks to me like an Re4/4.

I was interested by the variety of livery styles on the coaching stock - several developments of the SBB domestic livery as well as international and foreign stock.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

The first of the Swiss batch C9687 looks to me like an Re4/4.

Many thanks, caption now amended

45 minutes ago, Mol_PMB said:

I was interested by the variety of livery styles on the coaching stock - several developments of the SBB domestic livery as well as international and foreign stock.

I always think the late 80s was a good period for a mix of liveries.

David

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

If only they didn't have the yellow panel.

I've noticed that yellow fronts are getting smaller/disappearing on the modern railway.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a most excellent set of photo’s from Switzerland at Wassen, on the Gotthard line, on the 29th July, 1988. C9703, of Re4/4ii, on a Chiasso to Schaffhausen service, is a well composed shot of the train with the mountainous background. 

That’s a superb set of photo’s of Crimple and Harrogate. J208, at Harrogate with a Leeds to Darlington service, in July, 1965, is an excellent photo’ by your Dad. Thevrear three car unit is a class 111, with RollsRoyce engines. The radiator is bigger than on the class 101’s, and a straight exhaust pipe can bee seen. The unit also has been repainted with just two cream stripes instead of three. 

I agree that the 110’s in the green livery were very smart, but I quite like the small yellow warning panel. ;)

Very best regards,

Rob.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, 33C said:

I've noticed that yellow fronts are getting smaller/disappearing on the modern railway.

New standard based on high-intensity lamps (GM/RT 2131).

https://www.rssb.co.uk/standards-catalogue/CatalogueItem/GMRT2131-Iss-1

https://www.globalrailwayreview.com/article/26783/visibility-trains-whats-changing/

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

23 hours ago, 33C said:

9 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Yep, don't need them if the headlights meet the standard.

Some Train Companies chose to retain them for aesthetics though, despite not being necessary on some of their newest fleets.

See the 80x series having yellow fronts on LNER/GWR but not on Hull Trains, LUMO, TPE nor Avanti for example.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a fantastic set of photo’s of the North Yorkshire Moors Railway at Grosmont and Darnholm. The last photo’ at Darnholm, with BR 4MTT, 80135, on a Pickering to Grosmont service, on the 29th April, 1984, is an excellent composition of the train, and also it can be seen that the front Mkl has what appears to be a door which is not fully closed.

The photo’s of Cromwell, north of Newark, are a superb selection. C4092, of 31232, on a down train, in August, 1978, is a delightful and well composed shot, and I wonder if that was an ECS movement owing to the very short formation?

Very best regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Market65 said:

C4092, of 31232, on a down train, in August, 1978, is a delightful and well composed shot, and I wonder if that was an ECS movement owing to the very short formation?

I would hope so as the air con won't be working.

BG next to the buffet in the middle is an unlikely service formation.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, DaveF said:

Hougham254017downAug78C4093.jpg.6f7db7042374e7877195002900596280.jpg

Hougham 254017 down Aug 78 C4093

David

Another classic ECML HST  - TRUK/TRSB in original condition this time too.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a fantastic set of photo’s of Chappel and Wakes Colne, the home of the East Anglian Railway Museum in Essex. C1795, of the viaduct, in September, 1974, is an excellent photo’ and it gives a great sense of the size of the viaduct.

The black and white photo’s of Cambridge are a superb selection. JVol1215, at Cambridge South, of Ivatt 2MT, running light engine, in 1948, is a most atmospheric photo’ of the locomotive.

Very best regards,

Rob.

• Like 1