JAEGER LUMBER LOADS: WRAPPER QUESTION

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

Sorry in advance  for a potentially dull question but I would like to ask for some advice from the experts on here, please.  I am currently messing about with a couple of Jaeger lumber loads for a small US project.  I am about to start covering the wooden blocks using the paper wrappers provided, but I wondered if anyone on here could advise whether there is a 'right' or a 'wrong' way to do it?   Specifically, what do you do about the end folds?  Should I fold the long end flap down first and secure it before folding in the sides; or do the sides fold in first and then the long flap fold down over them to provide a bit more weather protection?  ( - Are they always the same? Does it matter?)   Unfortunately the instructions provided with the kit are a bit thin on detail! 

I did have a look at a couple of previous threads on here re lumber loads, but whilst they mentioned the Jaeger loads in passing I did not find any images I could crib from.  As ever, grateful for any insights you may be able to offer, please.

Thank you in advance and best wishes,

Paul

Archived