Bachmann revised OO Class 150/1

lapford34102

• 2 weeks later...

Further to this post-

Here are some pictures of the interior of 150128 taken on the 24th December-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46912176@N06/sets/72157647619249093/

Here are some pictures of the underframe of 150123 to show how everything weathers up.

Hope its useful for somebody-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46912176@N06/sets/72157647879155114/

Edited by royaloak

Further to this post-

Here are some pictures of the underframe of 150123 to show how everything weathers up.

Hope its useful for somebody-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46912176@N06/sets/72157647879155114/

I've some that may help on my site as well, have a dig through the "detail pics" section, there's a walkaround of 120 in the plain blue:

http://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/Allinthedetails/DMUs

(There are some detail shots of 128 as well, but from it's previous Silverlink incarnation!)

• Accurascale staff

Does anyone happen to know whether the old 150 bodies will fit the new chassis?

I'm very curious on this point too - considering 'upgrading' some customised older models!

Have just sent a query to Bachmann about this. Will post the reply here.

A superfast turnaround to my enquiry to Bachmann but unfortunately not the answer I wanted to hear:

Thank you for your enquiry: unfortunately it's not possible as the bodies and chassis of the Class 150 incarnations  are not interchangeable

:(

Cheers

Dave

(10/10 to Bachmann for such a speedy response though)

• Accurascale staff

Aw :( Ditto, was hoping a chassis transplant could work for all my conversions, alas not - thanks for asking and likewise Bachmann for the speedy response!

Edited by McC

I have just received my two, a FGW 150/1 and a Centro 150/2. I find that these run better than the first generation which had a habit of derailing on uneven trackwork (bends on ramps). I have a number of the older 150/1s and 150/2s and most of them have difficulty on anything other than perfectly level track.

My only question is over the colour of the snowploughs, the ones delivered with the Centro 150/2 are yellow, whereas I have only ever seen photos of these in real life with yellow ones. I know it should be trivial to repaint them although I find yellow is one of the harder colours to apply. Does anyone know of these units having run with black snowploughs?

That's not to say that the new gubbins cant somehow be transplanted over, I wonder how much Bachmann would want for the complete Chassis minus body, may have to drop them an email at some point

NL

True enough. Please let us know as and when you get a reply.

Just saw a review of this on Youtube, must say I would be a tad disappointed if I bought one. The last two window sections of the motor coach are dark! How is that an improvement over the original? As least with out lighting and tinted windows it wasn't that obvious from normal viewing distance. 

Just saw a review of this on Youtube, must say I would be a tad disappointed if I bought one. The last two window sections of the motor coach are dark! How is that an improvement over the original? As least with out lighting and tinted windows it wasn't that obvious from normal viewing distance. 

Hi,

Its an improvement as it's no longer the full coach that's actually covered, with this model, the motor coach can be detailed and on the motor block, there are prints of the seats as well, which I think may of not been on the original model. Yes, I agree its not a perfect solution, but I think its acceptable.

I've got the FGW versions, which is actually one of the most beautiful models I have, the livery and details are printed so crisply, I had to install a DCC Decoder in it and its the easiest processes I've come across, I just undid the screws, flexed the sides slightly and the body just slide off, off popped the blanking plug and the decoder slipped on and the body slide back on just as easily as it came off, all down in 2 minutes, very impressed!

Simon

• Like 2

Hi,

Its an improvement as it's no longer the full coach that's actually covered, with this model, the motor coach can be detailed and on the motor block, there are prints of the seats as well, which I think may of not been on the original model. Yes, I agree its not a perfect solution, but I think its acceptable.

I've got the FGW versions, which is actually one of the most beautiful models I have, the livery and details are printed so crisply, I had to install a DCC Decoder in it and its the easiest processes I've come across, I just undid the screws, flexed the sides slightly and the body just slide off, off popped the blanking plug and the decoder slipped on and the body slide back on just as easily as it came off, all down in 2 minutes, very impressed!

Simon

Very much the same for me at this end Simon. It really goes to show that Simple is Good, and really looks the part coupled up with my Ex LM/Centro 150 & Ex London Midland 153. Yes there's a small compromise with the motor, but it is a far better effort than the original large block which filled the entire vehicle. I've also noticed that the seats have been corrected - the original one came with a almost broad gauge like 3+3 inside. I've just got to get my hands on a Silverlink 150 now!

Just a quick shot from my IPhone with 153333.

post-7515-0-39771900-1422628386.jpg

Edited by surfsup
  • Like 1

I just got my Northern livery 150 from Richard at The Train shop in Morecambe. Bachmann have done a great job on the upgrade, the lighting under DCC is great and looks nice alongside the superb Realtrack 144. Livery application is very sharp and DCC fitting is straight forward with clear diagrams and instructions. Sound fitting is also much easier than the original chassis block. Bachmann supply a new plastic baffle so an oblong speaker can be fitted face down in the floor after a middle seating panel is removed. To do this a few parts need to be unclipped and removed and two short wires from the speaker neatly connect to the PCB tabs clearly marked. Fitted with Legomanbiffo sounds it sounds as good as it looks.

Thanks

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I have just purchased the Northern Rail version and am pleased with it. I just have a lighting query. The outside lights and the inside lights are both F0. In all the other units I have the interior is F1 and I was wondering if there was a reason for this.

Regards, Les.

One quick note I've spotted with this model I've the central trains liveried version (original colours before all over green) is that the ploughs are supplied black as opposed to yellow which the original all over green central train was supplied with. Googled the loco and they should be yellow so out with the rattle can cracking model though