Hornby's Best Ever Models

robmcg

I created a post on the Bachmann section similar to this one Rob. Would be great to see some of your Bachmann images on that one.

Some day perhaps soon.

In the meantime here's one for the Men in Malachite.

post-7929-0-43727400-1502932618_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Some day perhaps soon.

In the meantime here's one for the Men in Malachite.

attachicon.gif34081_Exeter_Bullleid_West_Country_portrait_1abc_full_r1200.jpg

Cheers,

Just passing on a message from the Supreme Inquisitor..

"The MiM appreciate your donation Rob, however due to circumstances outside our control - helping our colleagues (the Staniernistas and the RSPP), we cannot officially acknowledge it at this time... "

Edited by toboldlygo
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

"The MiM appreciate your donation Rob, however due to circumstances outside our control - helping our colleagues (the Staniernistas and the RSPP), we cannot officially acknowledge it at this time... "

Beware I saw a Gresleyite watching this thread before tooo Edited by adb968008

One of the first releases....a long while back it seems now

As I recall the early BR Brunswick green Bulleids were quite dark in hue, too....   (preparing for endless debate, disagreement, and sighing... :)  )

post-7929-0-42811900-1503006795_thumb.jpg

post-7929-0-54563800-1503006873_thumb.jpg

pictures edited

Of these above and the malachite 34081, 34067 Tangmere early BR Brunswick and 34081 92 Squadron were 2001-2004 releases, and 34078 222 Squadron early BR Brunswick was 2005-07. As I understand it there has been more than one version of 34067 'Tangmere'.

As to the green deflector inside face on Kenley this also happened on recent s21C159 Sir Archibald Sinclair and possibly some other malachite versions like the Southern version of 21C159, but not so far as I can tell on any BR versions, nor older malachite versions. I have a lot of these but all are in boxes and I'm lazy..  even 34081 a few posts back probably has green inside-face deflectors,  not very obvious though.

Edited by robmcg
  • Like 4

Message to Supreme Inquisitor, Who the hell was Stanier?

Moving quickly along,

Confucious say, 'Ye cannae have too many Bulleids'. At least that's how I heard it...

post-7929-0-58674900-1503013124_thumb.jpg 

post-7929-0-90898600-1503013192_thumb.jpg

post-7929-0-31133200-1503013275_thumb.jpg

post-7929-0-81767500-1503013399_thumb.jpg

post-7929-0-52572600-1503013472_thumb.jpg

And to finish, the locomotive which REALLY held the BR Southern Region together, and was never properly acknowledged....

post-7929-0-66924200-1503014227_thumb.jpg

post-7929-0-15459800-1503014286_thumb.jpg

cheers

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Beware I saw a Gresleyite watching this thread before tooo

Its not the Gresleyites you have to watch out for, its the Thompsonians who give more grief, them and their allies, the Raven Clan......

However if you would rather have a decent cuppa with dunkable biscuits and polite, sensible, conversation, then I can recommend nothing better than the Sons of Churchward!

edit for spelin....

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Its not the Gresleyites you have to watch out for, its the Thompsonians who give more grief, them and their allies, the Raven Clan......

However if you would rather have a decent cuppa with dunkable biscuits and polite, sensible, conversation, then I can recommend nothing better than the Sons of Churchward!

edit for spelin....

Nice and polite yes, however if you bring the wrong brand of Biscuits they're not!!

Do 34081 as HURRICANE or BIGGIN HILL on a rake of blood and custard Gresley and Thompson coaches Rob, and I'd probably cave in!

Those two and AN Other worked off Stratford in the early Fifties apparently. C6T.

Noted.

Not sure if the ER under R H N Hardy was quite up to having proper engines at the time of those exchanges (though I'm sure he learned the truth about things a short time later).   They ended up with Britannias which was probably a good result...

• RMweb Gold

Sad to see a little aircraft threatened so nastily by the Men In Malachite.......

Once you've had over 150 Bulleids across your workbench - the Men in Malachite know it's unwise to do such things, unless they want a Bulleid shoved somewhere unmentionable ;)

They know the Aerospace saying that's associated with me (the polite version) - Never mess with a (Ex) Tinsmith...  :jester:  :jester:

Edited by toboldlygo

Aah one of the rare Exeter's then ;)

Yes I ended up with three of them and no buyers even at original retail!

I just did a couple of pics redolent of my teenage years hanging around sheds on Sundays with my 35mm 'Regula Sprinty B' camera and Ilford FP3  and I tended to over-expose pics to get the detail on the engines, and 'burn' the sky back in, in the darkroom. On Sundays a lot of engines were in not in steam, or  until perhaps preparing for a  night-time express or goods, the safety valve thing is artistic licence. Depended on the shed of course, I'll bet some GWR sheds and ECML sheds were empty.

Not every engine shed was a mess, but Salisbury and Nine Elms had their moments. 

Here are recent Hornby releases R3411  S15 SR 827  and  R3468 Battle of Britain 35077 '603 Squadron' both medium weathered by Rails of Sheffield.

post-7929-0-01230200-1503439722_thumb.jpg

post-7929-0-91584600-1503439814_thumb.jpg

cheers

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Yes I ended up with three of them and no buyers even at original retail!

I just did a couple of pics redolent of my teenage years hanging around sheds on Sundays with my 35mm 'Regula Sprinty B' camera and Ilford FP3  and I tended to over-expose pics to get the detail on the engines, and 'burn' the sky back in, in the darkroom. On Sundays a lot of engines were in not in steam, or  until perhaps preparing for a  night-time express or goods, the safety valve thing is artistic licence. Depended on the shed of course, I'll bet some GWR sheds and ECML sheds were empty.

Not every engine shed was a mess, but Salisbury and Nine Elms had their moments. 

Here are recent Hornby releases R3411  S15 SR 827  and  R3468 Battle of Britain 35077 '603 Squadron' both medium weathered by Rails of Sheffield.

attachicon.gif827_S15_SR_shed_portrait10_3a_r1200.jpg

attachicon.gif34077_BoB_Bulleid_portrait70_4abc_r1200.jpg

cheers

Far to clean to be medium weathered ;) :P