Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

I spent an enjoyable day at Rotarail 2018 on Saturday helping Mike with Oak Road and as you may have seen some of the Tidworth rolling stock made guest appearances. The 4-TC's arrival video was posted earlier on the Oak Road thread so here is it's departure.

https://youtu.be/MAVnWmtyCys

• Like 1

Hi Ian

Great photos mate, I like the three red containers, did you adapt them to have the two lots of double doors on each...? or are there ready available, can't say I've seen them like that before now!

Regards

Jamie

Hi Ian, The layout is looking great. I like the 4 TC too didn't remember them removing the curtains though. Your container wagon looks nice too, did some of the containers come out in a green colour too?

Scenery looks good on Oak Road I will have to go check that out.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian, The layout is looking great. I like the 4 TC too didn't remember them removing the curtains though. Your container wagon looks nice too, did some of the containers come out in a green colour too?

Scenery looks good on Oak Road I will have to go check that out.

Cheers Peter.

Morning Pete

All the pics I've seen of NSE TCs don't have any curtains and I certainly don't remember them being there at the end. I just didn't think it looked right every time I had the TC out as they were very bright orange in the windows and took the eye away from the excellent model, I'm much happier with it now. As for the containers, all the pics of them I've seen are red although there are some green ones in the yard at Ludgershall, but they seen to be not as big as a standard container heightwise.

Morning Pete

All the pics I've seen of NSE TCs don't have any curtains and I certainly don't remember them being there at the end. I just didn't think it looked right every time I had the TC out as they were very bright orange in the windows and took the eye away from the excellent model, I'm much happier with it now. As for the containers, all the pics of them I've seen are red although there are some green ones in the yard at Ludgershall, but they seen to be not as big as a standard container heightwise.

Evening here, lol

I do remember some grey looking curtains on some units, but it was probably only in fist class. It wouldn't surprise me if the curtains were removed from TCs  they were only being used on secondary services near the end. 

Cheers Peter.

Ref container colours; standard military owned side opening containers are all red. However, Rubb Hangars are transported in Green versions, (I think they may only be single sided though). I've seen plenty of images of the red containers moving by rail in MoD trains, but never a green Rubb container.

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-samsung&biw=1280&bih=800&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=c2DtWuawEqTMgAbM7YHIDg&q=rubb+hangar+container&oq=rubb+hangar+containr&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.1.0.30i10.8311.12400..13996...0....126.844.8j1......0....1.........0i30j0i24.YX9LJJByuQg%3D#imgrc=0h_ltpVqyH5rvM:

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-samsung&biw=1280&bih=800&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=c2DtWuawEqTMgAbM7YHIDg&q=rubb+hangar+container&oq=rubb+hangar+containr&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.1.0.30i10.8311.12400..13996...0....126.844.8j1......0....1.........0i30j0i24.YX9LJJByuQg%3D#imgrc=TqAunHGF9GLk2M:

Hope that helps!

Edit to add; wild boar containers are very nice, I have a few of his non-military containers and they can hold their own next to c-rail, Hornby, Dapol, etc. Those side opens look superb Ian.

Edited by Satan's Goldfish

• RMweb Premium

I knew you'd have the answers about anything 'container'!

So those green ones have the complete hangar inside them? I'll try to get a pic of the ones here at Ludgershall as they don't look quite the same.

• Like 2

Yup, complete hangar fits inside. There used to be some much better pictures somewhere showing one with its doors open.

Now if you want a different military container that I have seen on rails and would be a bit of a challenge, I'll see if I can find pictures of the generators in 20ft iso frames.... ;)

• Like 2

Nice containers.

Used to mainly see these from Kineton with things that go bang in them.

Remember reading in the press that when a train stopped at some lights up north, some scrote nicked some anti tank mines out of one .

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Further to the discussion Matt I took a couple of pics over the fence at Ludgershall this weekend!

post-6922-0-46547800-1525801057.jpg

General view of all the containers in the yard.

post-6922-0-46388400-1525801069.jpg

A closer shot of the green one I was talking about, which doesn't look like the ones you pictured. None of these containers seem to be as tall as the standard ones either. Any ideas?

• Like 3

Hi Ian

what is it with all us modellers, who in the right mind (is what I always think, while I'm taking these type of photos myself) just pulls up in a car, randomly roams around for 15-20mins then just sticks a DSLR camera up in the air above some fencing and does there own version of some kind of surveillance system, then gets back in the car and shows up again 3 weeks later :no:  to do the same again.

I think if someone watching this now, how do I convince them what my hobby is lol.... look at all my photos honest... lmao

I have millions of photos that are just so random that only those on here would totally understand and I wouldn't look like I'm the odd one out. Even if it is an MOD site lol :triniti:so what if the sign says you'll be shot on the spot, I'll photograph that sign. you done see signs that often...'You will be shot on the spot' lmao there should be a thread just the best random photos.

Regards

Jamie

Interesting selection there Ian, I'd hazard a guess that they're an older model, very high floor on the green one and the 2x next to it makes the height deceptive but looks to be 8'6". You're right though, that doesn't look like a Rubb Hangar style container, good find! The 2x at the left look to be only 8ft high.

• RMweb Premium

Ludgershalls changed, used to be 3 wire and post fencing as I cycled past that gate to school. All those trees, You would have been able to see across to granddads house from that shot...

Oh and there was a public right of way foot path through that gate across the railway yard to a gate the other side, across doctors meadow, leading to a path down the side of the church.

Edited by TheQ

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all

Further to the discussion Matt I took a couple of pics over the fence at Ludgershall this weekend!

attachicon.gifDepot.jpg

General view of all the containers in the yard.

attachicon.gifgreenC.jpg

A closer shot of the green one I was talking about, which doesn't look like the ones you pictured. None of these containers seem to be as tall as the standard ones either. Any ideas?

Looks like a standard 20ft size to me mate, whats deceptive is the floor looks higher with shorter doors etc making it look low, plus the sides at the bottom appear to go inwards under the floor (which must be a pain in the ass for the fork lift driver to aim forks correctly), but looking at the height between the corners where the twist locks fit it looks to be standard 20ft height/size. Id bet if you plonked a standard 20ft next to it the dimensions would be the same.

Hi Rob

Just a railhead now it appears. All the buildings are gone or going for forces housing.

They are using warminster as well. There was a GBRf 66 in there a few weeks back