Temeraire

Sarcasm aside, I do have an idea what's going through your mind and if it's any consolation, you're braver than me! I had an invite to the Midland Railex with North Street but declined in a moment of sheer panic! Once it's up and running, you'll no doubt wonder why you stressed!

• RMweb Gold

The layout is fine, the crew? well they're fairly entertaining to look at so that should fill any gaps :)

Only thing is making sure you have everything in the car. As long as the conservatory is empty you know you have it all and you'll know Friday night if there's anything that slipped the net and first show isn't too far from home ;)

I draw up a check list and the worst I forgot was the bolts which just meant a trip to B&Q ;)

• RMweb Gold

Hi I an

All looking good for the weekend and I'm sure that you'll have a good time!

Once the first loco runs over the layout and good comments from the visitors received, you'll be OK!

The first show is always nerve racking, but should be enjoyable!

Unfortunate, I won't be able to get down - too many other shows recently and won't get a "pass-out"

• Like 2

Have a good show Ian, the pics of the Layout look superb,

Don't tell anyone but I'm trying to re create Kingsmill as a working fiddle yard on the other side of the room for Bitton.

All the best to you and the Gang.

• Like 2

Good luck for the weekend Ian, one day I hope to see your superb layout in the flesh. What you have achieved in the short space of time that it has taken you to produce Tidworth is remarkable, you must be very pleased. Well done, great work.

Nice photos Paul, I look forward to seeing more of Tidworth.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

Work has continued this evening and the station building finally has a roof and it has been painted! Also tonight the concrete fence has been secured in place along the back of the platform. There is a small amount of greenery and ground cover to finish off tomorrow night then I have Thursday and Friday off to complete adding detail to the platform and fix the lighting strip to the fascia and prepare everything to load up Friday lunchtime.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

A very nicely done compact layout.

Seeing this layout  (and Pete 75C's  thread) makes me want to use the timber that I have for extending Dobris to build a new Southern Region layout!!

Buy some more timber and do both. You know you want to.

• Like 1

Yes yes yes, It looks great Ian. You should be proud of what you have done in such a short time.

Hope all goes well for the show I am sure it will. I am sure you will get more invites too I know the New Forest guys would have it at their show.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

It looks superb Ian, good work! 11th hour pull out from me, family issues mean I'm now not going to be able to make it to Wimborne (Annoyed) but you and the crew have a good show and I'll keep an eye out for post show pictures.

Good luck!

• RMweb Premium

As someone said "I love it when a plan comes together!"

post-6922-0-96435600-1429274169_thumb.jpg

Tidworth is packed and loaded and I've checked and rechecked too many times for stuff I've forgotten, but I am still ready to leave on time! Quick detour before heading for chez pitbull for a cuppa and set up at 6pm. It's all going too well, don't panic Mr Mainwaring!

• Like 13