Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

you managed to get a fork lift then..

It was transferred from Exford Park. ;)  I still need to get a couple more at some point though, and yes plenty of red paint left, doesn't it look NSE enough yet then??

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ok I'll pop to my local shop and see if there's any left. Any excuse to pop in. I think it looks very NSE.. you need some if the digital clocks on the platform though.

Clocks are in hand just not done yet!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Have you thought about using 150gsm paper for the slates? Print off a grid (I use Excel), cut upwards each column for 1.5 rows, trim off two rows, glue to roof, repeat until you reach the top, paint with watercolour or acrylic, job done. Probably a bit more effort than using Slaters but they look better and it costs pennies

• RMweb Gold

If you know how to get emulsion off and safely disconnect it I know where there's a real NSE red clock, on the wall in our box! Electricians tried to remove it when it died but they couldn't figure out where the power was coming from so left it and it then got painted over.

Looking very NSE mate :)

Hi Ian, no need to apologise, I also liked them in that livery. Much preferred the original NSE livery, I liked the way the stripes went up at the ends, it really suited locos in my opinion. I quite fancy one in that livery myself!

I think this lovely machine would look rather splendid at Tidworth:

8585567398_db321ffee6.jpg50018 at Hereford,7-8-1988 by railhereford, on Flickr

I really like the warehouse and pallet loads, looks really good.

You really have made great progress in a year, well done a cracking layout. Wish I could progress at your pace!

Keep up the good work Sir.

• Like 4

Hi Ian,

The layout is looking very good, The detail is really coming on well. 

I must agree with Alex that the older style NSE livery does look very good on the class 50.

Best of luck with the first Exhibition I am sure it will go fine, and don't worry about the layout not being finished it already looks better than some I have seen at shows over the years.

Best advise I can give you for the show is clean all your wheels before you go, take your time setting up and get it as level as you can. Get your joins lined up and give the track a good clean.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's looked exhibitable for some time now and it'll just keep getting better as the details are added. Reminds me I need to dig out the cmx and trix wheel cleaning units for Lulworth :)

Nice shots indeed. Particularly like the Dutch 33/1. Is the red platform "bus shelter" from the Bachmann range? I bought one for North Street mail-order and was gutted to find it was blue! Couldn't be bothered to mask it up and respray, so made do with a 1970s concrete shelter instead. It all looks excellent. Good luck for next month (not long now).

• RMweb Premium

Is the red platform "bus shelter" from the Bachmann range?

Hi Pete yes its the Bachmann one. An afternoon in front the football on TV spent cutting the masking tape and then a couple of coats of NSE red with a brush job done, but notice there's only one! The second will appear on Leaford at some point. ;)

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Gutted I couldn't make the play day, Did the modern stock make it to Tidworth (obviously not the 2 full FGW HST's!)  Nice set of photos, and I think the dutch 33 stabled looks great.

Morning fella definitely a shame you missed out and no the FGW stuff didn't make Tidworth although a 33/4TC combo did and will be hanging around for a while. ;) You must find a date before Wimborne to get a driving lesson.

Hi Ian,

Layout progressing really well, but what has happened with the Motive Power.

Has it become Sulzer city? though I do like the shove duff a la 1989.

Hoping to try and get down to Wimborne if i'm not on call that weekend for its debut.

Cheers,
Stu.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian,

Layout progressing really well, but what has happened with the Motive Power.

Has it become Sulzer city? though I do like the shove duff a la 1989.

Hoping to try and get down to Wimborne if i'm not on call that weekend for its debut.

Cheers,

Stu.

Hi Stu, don't worry there were 50s around Nigel just missed them with the camera! Hope to see you at Wimborne.

• RMweb Premium

Hi lan

Layout looking great you have done a good job looking forward to seeing it's first show at Wimborne I will be there Sunday.

Steve

Cheers Steve, make sure you say hello to the gang at Wimborne and have a drive.