Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

That look absolutely stunning Ian. Those position light signals lift everything to another level, if that was even possible!

Thanks Pete, and you're welcome to use the pic of the nameboards by the way, shall I PM you a pic taken in natural light today?

Thanks Ian. No need to take an extra pic, the one you uploaded to the North Street thread will be fine just to give them the right idea. Thanks again!

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

I've just got back from chasing the 'Network Santa Circular III' railtour and thought I'd post its progress here.

attachicon.gif125_NSIII_241214.jpg

Having reached Andover on the outward journey after visiting Leaford the tour comes to a stand at Tidworth for the first time.

attachicon.gif126_NSIIIrr_241214.jpg

After detaching from its train 50003 now begins the run-round as Ramilies and Hood were left at Andover to rejoin the train later.

attachicon.gif127_NSIIIend_241214.jpg

Once coupled up at the far end, Temeraire eased the train back as close as possible to the bufferstop to the delight of the onboard trackbashers who all made a dash for the end vestibule! (believe me it happens I've witnessed it!)

attachicon.gif128_NSIII_241214.jpg

Temeraire now waits time at the platform for the road. From here the tour heads off to the GWML at Swindon for a fast run up to Arnash Lane and back down the LSWR mainline through Beresford Junction and onto Salisbury where 50019 & 50031 will head the train back to Devon in time for Santa!

Thanks to all that have contributed, helped or just viewed over the last 10 months here and I look forward to meeting some of you out on the road at some point, but for now a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

Love it!

And no I wouldn't have gone to the end of the train, rather just soak up the atmosphere.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

With all that Christmas nonsense out the way I've cracked on this morning creating more sawdust in an attempt at a lighting rig and fascia boards. Naturally now its all cut out I've found the screws I thought I had left are actually all gone, off to Wickes we go then! More later or tomorrow hopefully.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

More later or tomorrow hopefully.

Just realised I said this!

No pics again but the lighting rig and fascia boards have been constructed and painted now and are still drying out properly before I fit them to the layout and experiment with the LED strip lighting, perhaps at the weekend and I will take a pic or two! Also the front edging boards have also been finished off and the whole of the outside of the layout given a second coat of Slate grey. My Mum also finished making the curtains to hang along the front to hide the gang's knobbly knees at exhibitions.

I have also recycled the fuel storage tanks that I built for Exford Park and these will now be placed on Tidworth. I always felt that they were too small to supply the twin fuel points at Exford Park anyway and the position they occupied meant they were rarely seen by anyone and never appeared in pics. Finally tonight I have added much more HBL as a base for the greenery as well as laid some card for the hardstanding in the yard by the warehouse.

All in all I feel that good progress has been made over the Christmas period and I'm confident of having something presentable for WimRail!

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

I mentioned earlier this week about what I've been up to lately, so today I took some pictures in some natural light so you can see how things are progressing.

First up an overall view which involved standing just outside the conservatory to get a wide enough angle.

post-6922-0-28929200-1420916952.jpg

View of the whole scenic part of the layout with the lighting fascia in place.

post-6922-0-28322000-1420916967.jpg

View along the left side showing the recent works adding HBL and creating the hardstanding area in the yard. The slurry loader has also been fixed to the layout with a couple of screws from underneath.

post-6922-0-12934400-1420916975.jpg

View the other way showing the relocated "Exford Park" fuel storage tanks and the grassed embankments by the bridge.

post-6922-0-60611300-1420916983.jpg

A bit later in the day I fixed the layout nameboards to the fascia, Leftside with NSE board.

post-6922-0-09225500-1420916991.jpg

Rightside with station nameboard.

Early evening now and I've loosely attached the LED strip lighting to the fascia to see how it looks.

post-6922-0-10165100-1420917001.jpg

post-6922-0-45732000-1420917008.jpg

As you can hopefully see it seems to be coming together at last with the main area for attention being the station itself now, although most of this will be just dressing once I've built a station building.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian, Just had a catch up and its looking terrific mate, really really nice.

Will you be going to Stafford?

Thanks Andy, 'we're getting there' as they used to say!  ;)

As for Stafford a plan is afoot for the Saturday with myself and pitbull1845 confirmed so far and 3 seats to fill.

Update: Arnington also now confirmed just two seats left!

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 2

Thanks Andy, 'we're getting there' as they used to say!  ;)

As for Stafford a plan is afoot for the Saturday with myself and pitbull1845 confirmed so far and 3 seats to fill.

I'll be helping out on my old Deesdale Road on the Saturday, and possibly on the Sunday, depending on how I feel, It would be good to meet you, George T will be with me as well and it was he and I that used to go to Eastleigh every week.