Peafore Yard - 4mm BR Blue layout shunting layout - Sold

• 2 months later...

Hi, Yes Thornbury on November 19th/20th.

Just a gentle reminder that Peafore Yard is appearing at the T&SG MRC exhibition in Thornbury on the 19th and 20th November, it is not listed on their website but the Exhibition Manager has assured me it is in the plan etc. I apologise in advance for any overpowering spell of Engine oil dominating from the layout due to a recent spillage in the garage but I suppose it will be semi authentic for a Diesel era layout. I will also be in my most whitty mode when posed with questions about if my MK1 BSO is the Hornby version.....

• Like 2

In readiness for Thornbury, I chucked the layout up tonight and took the opportunity to do some test runs of stock that is in build. With the exception of Lowflat with a crashed Mercedes, this will be the last stock specifically for Peafore Yard, as all future builds will be for the new layout:

First up a test run for the class B tankers which have been in build a while:

post-7400-0-09338500-1478127856_thumb.jpg

Then the muck wagon which now has new wheels

post-7400-0-64381500-1478127851_thumb.jpg

Finally some 21t Hoppers, subject to some final work next week they will make their debut at Thornbury..

post-7400-0-66879100-1478127853_thumb.jpg

post-7400-0-58638000-1478127881_thumb.jpg

some other shots while the camera was out:

post-7400-0-29183200-1478127871_thumb.jpgpost-7400-0-90382800-1478127874_thumb.jpgpost-7400-0-93279200-1478127879_thumb.jpgpost-7400-0-37272400-1478127877_thumb.jpg

Edited by 37114
  • Like 15

Hi Rob,

The new stock looks great always nice to see a few pics of the layout. 

I saw the Traction Article too did you ever contact them? Just think it's a bit cheeky thats all.

Keep us posted on the next project too.

Cheers Peter.

New layout?

Is it in the public domain yet ?

I guess it is now! It won't get started until October 2017 at the earliest and is dependant on the Land Rover being back in one piece by then, first show is booked for April 2019. Not 100% nailed on the plans for it yet except it will be very different to Peafore Yard and won't be 00.

• Like 2

Hi Rob,

The new stock looks great always nice to see a few pics of the layout. 

I saw the Traction Article too did you ever contact them? Just think it's a bit cheeky thats all.

Keep us posted on the next project too.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter, will start a new thread in due course. Life has been a bit hectic so never got round to following up Traction article.

Old Land Rovers can be as time consuming as model railways  :O

Agree, unless of course you end up stripping a Land Rover down to every last nut and bolt then model railways seem like a rather un-time consuming hobby! Once it is done I am sticking with Model Railways!!

Dublo Yard in P4?

Geoff Endacott

I guessed you might suggest that. The name doesn't start with "P" so doesn't comply with 37114 layout naming policy.... Pedwell is the current front runner for the name.

And for the next project the whole of BTM ??!!

Not sure my house is big enough unless I went for T gauge..

• RMweb Gold

I guessed you might suggest that. The name doesn't start with "P" so doesn't comply with 37114 layout naming policy.... Pedwell is the current front runner for the name.

Not sure my house is big enough unless I went for T gauge..

"Pedwel" hmmm? Something to do with repairing class 31s perhaps....?

I guess it is now! It won't get started until October 2017 at the earliest and is dependant on the Land Rover being back in one piece by then, first show is booked for April 2019. Not 100% nailed on the plans for it yet except it will be very different to Peafore Yard and won't be 00.

Uh oh, he's turning to the dark side...narrow gauge......?

Uh oh, he's turning to the dark side...narrow gauge......?

.... is the front running idea at the moment. Pedwell is a village on the Somerset levels, nearby Ashcott had it's own narrow gauge network for Peat extraction next to the S&D branch. A few details and ideas to thrash out yet and may change tack but it seems do-able. 

• Like 2