Speaker for Atlas master GP40-2? Loksound woes.

I bought a Loksound v4 for my GP40-2. I had seen that the loco had a large lump of metal in it that was obviously a speaker housing. But of course the speaker that comes fitted to the Loksound doesn't fit at all. The lump of metal has press out circular lumps but the circle is much bigger than the ESU speaker and even more of a problem the drive shaft runs through the block so the ESU housing is much too deep to sit in it. I cant see anywhere else that has enough space to fit the ESU housing. Anyone got any experience of this and can suggest a simple solution please?

• RMweb Gold

Hi Phil,

Don't use the Loksound speaker - it's the only way

The speaker holder is designed to fit the 25mm speaker the the rtr sound locos that the Soundtrax decoder comes with.

Thanks

Edit - I think I better see what sound is on the Soundtrax decoder I'm basing my comment on!

Thanks for the prompt responses! Squeaky it looks exactly like that but Panic over. I decided to stop being a wimp and bodged a collar for the ESU speaker to sit in in the opening of the Atlas block. It seems to work and I have sound!! just struggling now to get the shell back on without dislodging everything.......

Archived