Parcels point

naturol

More things to copy..............

Having worked on till about 1830. Putting the fence and decking down around the dormer, came home and chilled out, just put a little paint here and there to move it along a little.,

The article in Model Rail this month has resulted in two invites to date both in Kent. But one is on my 50 th birthday weekend in January.

My honey was not best pleased when I said " fancy a trip away?" I got the paddle of rebuke.....again ....for that one,

So, I now know something is being planned, but not sure what or when. She will let me know ASAP, and in turn I can respond to the organisers of the Canterbury show.

Progress below

More things to copy..............

Having worked on till about 1830. Putting the fence and decking down around the dormer, came home and chilled out, just put a little paint here and there to move it along a little.,

The article in Model Rail this month has resulted in two invites to date both in Kent. But one is on my 50 th birthday weekend in January.

My honey was not best pleased when I said " fancy a trip away?" I got the paddle of rebuke.....again ....for that one,

So, I now know something is being planned, but not sure what or when. She will let me know ASAP, and in turn I can respond to the organisers of the Canterbury show.

Progress below

post-9901-0-58944700-1402348798_thumb.jpg

Had the pleasure of seeing both the RM95 and the layout in the flesh today. Must say thanks to Paul for inviting me round to have a look. Both are amazing and the pictures posted do not do them any justice. Looking forward to seeing it finished (and posing some of my stock on it lol).

Spurred on by Ben's visit yesterday and having Father's Day to myself. I spent the afternoon tinkering on the layout and not the work bench for a change. Started to put some detail on the platforms and weather the new track, bear in mind that the boards are still not bolted together and the canopies to the rear are still held up on paint tins.........

post-9901-0-60648200-1402849782_thumb.jpg

post-9901-0-43852700-1402849799_thumb.jpg

Looking good Paul.

Did you knock those skips up from scratch? They make a nice change from the usual Modelscene one I've seen on plenty of layouts over the years.

Cheers

Hi Wayne,

I bought them in the second hand boxes from peter at l and b, they were a bit drab, so I'm re spraying them, and will fill them with junk, that's why the lid is half open at present......

I have got some " amber skip hire " transfers I made up on crafty paper, so they will be stuck on soon, how progress your end ?

Simply outstanding work watching how PP has transformed lately and also seeing how you crafted the RM95, an oddball not many would model or run on their layout but definitely fits in to PP`s scenario very well. Done yourself well proud.

Spurred on by Ben's visit yesterday and having Father's Day to myself. I spent the afternoon tinkering on the layout and not the work bench for a change. Started to put some detail on the platforms and weather the new track, bear in mind that the boards are still not bolted together and the canopies to the rear are still held up on paint tins.........

That Bachmann JGA hopper looks familiar !

I nearly missed it when ogling that great big yellow beast.

Just had a good look through model Rail, you've done a cracking job on Ranelagh Bridge. Il have to see it, are you at the Cardiff show with it this year?

Apparently not Steve.

Paul will be my relief operator on 'Rosamund Street'.

Brian R

That Bachmann JGA hopper looks familiar !

I nearly missed it when ogling that great big yellow beast.

I thought you had taken the course of tablets to remedy that ailment.

Not much modelling............ World Cup, loft conversion, watering the garden, and a new one for me.... Google Adwords, pay per click, advertising for the drawing business, goes live next Monday, this time next year Rodney...

Big plans for Sunday afternoon on the base boards,

Started work on a newspaper conversion based on the attached pictures, based on a lima unit picked up as a bargain at the porthcawl show today. Also spent some time detailing the platforms, and the small yard / compounds on the front, some painting also to the canopies, pictures to follow.

post-9901-0-41327900-1403469570_thumb.jpg

post-9901-0-60397900-1403469581_thumb.jpg

Also picked up a 2bil unit running on a tenshodo motor bogie, not sure what kit it is, substantially plastic, could be an Ian kirk model. Well built and finished well, told the motor unit is dead,

But now what do I do with it?

post-9901-0-06481600-1403470920_thumb.jpg

Also picked up a 2bil unit running on a tenshodo motor bogie, not sure what kit it is, substantially plastic, could be an Ian kirk model. Well built and finished well, told the motor unit is dead,

But now what do I do with it?

De-Icing or Stores unit maybe, that would be different, but maybe not your time period ?, can't remember when they stopped running.

Cheers, Bob.

De-Icing or Stores unit maybe, that would be different, but maybe not your time period ?, can't remember when they stopped running.

Cheers, Bob.

Hi bob,

I scrolled through Flickr and Instagram looking for inspiration, found the de icer unit, and plenty of scrapped units in 1971. But little else,

Found out a pair were used as the end coaches in a seven car unit that was loco hauled and made up in the mid 70 s but that is a bit restrictive, so it's back in a box for a few weeks and put on the back burner

Hi bob,

I scrolled through Flickr and Instagram looking for inspiration, found the de icer unit, and plenty of scrapped units in 1971. But little else,

Found out a pair were used as the end coaches in a seven car unit that was loco hauled and made up in the mid 70 s but that is a bit restrictive, so it's back in a box for a few weeks and put on the back burner

I found a 2 car Stores unit on Google, but unable to add the link - But I think it is a 2HAP.

Cheers, Bob.

I found a 2 car Stores unit on Google, but unable to add the link - But I think it is a 2HAP.

Cheers, Bob.

Yeah baby, come to poppa..... Found the answer on a web thread . The now preserved unit was stored under cover for a while in Worthing, but whilst in store, under cover it was vandalised and was moved, and then restored, in my version of events the unit was stabled at Parcels Point en-route to NRM in a vandalised state. Check out this picture as my inspiration.

post-9901-0-78605300-1403558392_thumb.jpg

I have just ordered rail blue aerosol from DC kits for the newspaper DMU conversion, so I could use some as the background for this project too. Guess there will be no need to mask out the windows or worry about some overspray, pretty lucky that with my hap hazard painting techniques.

I have primed the pair of carriages and under coated in white the cabs ready for spraying, I hope John Peck at precision labels can assist with the newspaper transfers for the sides.post-9901-0-19630800-1403558836_thumb.jpg

"Marry me, I love you"

Some how I wanted to get this small phrase onto the side of my ATW 150/2 (whilst were on the graffiti thing). Wanted to have it on sanatorium road, but that's not going to happen now.

So. What DMU can I run onto the layout and add this little ditty from the stereophonics.

Could I run a mkII TSO or a brake in de branded virgin livery similar to the old rhymney valley stock. It's got to have the valleys connection.......

Archived