Parcels point

naturol

It's been a while hasn't it! I'm looking forward to the shows this year. Yeah work is good been really busy lately, it's better now I got 3weeks off now thou (getting married on the weekend and then Jamaica for 2 weeks). Still based in Bristol. The good lady is fine, even with the wedding stuff going on.

Hopefully my pics are attached of my weathering.

Congratulations, have a fantastic day, and wow, that's a hell of a honey moon,

The weathering is first class, can't beat a canton 37 and the OBA , track though is worthy or praise. Let me know when your coming over next to Land B and I will meet up and you can sample the Cogan tea and cake, and give me an up close and personal of your ring.

• 2 weeks later...

The layout has taken two steps backward today. I discovered an anomaly in the wiring last week that resulted in the NCE powercab switching on correctly, showing no signs of a short circuit but nothing moved.

I began checking the wiring and eventually the track it's self, unable to narrow down the problem I started to isolate the points from the cobalts beneath wiring loom, and check them, the end result was the ripping up and replacement of all the points, and then checking again,

This time all worked with an additional feed and the removal of some of the original DC. Isolating sections, the track has been re ballasted, and some work done on the buildings, tonight an hours work of building the walls will pass and hopefully a few pictures.

In the mean time here are two of the boards outside during demolition.

post-9901-0-58684600-1399307346_thumb.jpg

post-9901-0-58879500-1399307357_thumb.jpg

Yeah baby. ( well no one else in my household was interested, in fact I got the paddle of rebuke from the Fosters advert.)

Got my name and a Chris Nevard picture on the back page of Model Rail this month. All going well, Ranelagh Bridge is in next months issue. Just sent some additional info off to the editorial team, so I hope you like it.........

Does anyone know any scaffolders who work with spaghetti ?

Following a PM regarding the HOBC RM95 here are a few pictures of the scratch build in progress detailing its rough construction. Which revolves around a hardwood timber spine clad in plasticard. With Bachmann Y25 bogies, it is not motorised as yet..... How ?

post-9901-0-57161500-1399801052_thumb.jpg

post-9901-0-36337000-1399801076_thumb.jpg

post-9901-0-88682000-1399801108_thumb.jpg

post-9901-0-83864800-1399801133_thumb.jpg

post-9901-0-95913100-1399801611_thumb.jpg

I have had a "PRINGLES" day, once you start you can't stop.

To further the HOBC pictures! I put it on the layout to see if I can justify the idea of the derelict / mothballed terminus being the temporary stabling point for contract infrastructure maintenance trains undertaking works in the locality on blockades, well it's my train set and it's my rules......so here are pictures of some of the old stock off sanatorium road making route learning jollies onto Parcel Point.

post-9901-0-94801700-1399839696_thumb.jpg

post-9901-0-67179800-1399839711_thumb.jpg

I have a set of plans drawn to have these war wells cut as laser parts, from two sheets of plastic card, including the ramps. The decking for the ramps is also burnt on the laser to give planking. The straps are cut from blue masking tape which being sticky means no glue is needed. The trucks sorry bogies, are Y25 from Bachmann and Kadees have been added. Sprayed with halfords black Matt and subtle weathering.

I will upload the pictures of the kit of parts later as they are on a speared hard drive unfortunately.

Whilst I had my head in the box.....The second time this weekend.....I fished out these as well. Again a master set of plans were made up and a set of plastic parts were cut on the laser, the bogies should be of a self propelling type, but for the time being an old set of fabricated ones off an old Bachmann well wagon have been used on one and yes the Bachmann y25 appear again, the stickers and chevrons were printed by my mate in the sign writers who did my van for me. And are small stickers.

post-9901-0-48188900-1399840364_thumb.jpg

Boy it just goes on...... Whilst in there I also whipped this out. This was my first track machine I had a go at bashing, and started life from the cast off remains of coach stock used to make my test trains that ran on waungron park halt. Rail match paints and heavy weathering go a long way in distressing the appearance.

post-9901-0-56238000-1399840533_thumb.jpg

You can just make out the snow ploughs in the back ground and the RHTT, again stuff for my NR 57 and my DRS 37 to push around.

The ploughs were built from Cambrian kits with steel loads added. The RHTT was scratch built a few years ago, long before the kits which are now available and more detailed than my offerings. Built from ratio water tanks, and on old Hornby container frets, the transformer and control boxes are actually Lego blocks clad in plastic card, as they were as close to the size as I could find and I can't make plumb square boxes anyway from plastic. But keep that a secret.

post-9901-0-14853500-1399840900_thumb.jpg

post-9901-0-28183800-1399840914_thumb.jpg

I finally invested in some scenery bits for the platforms, and had Peter from Lord and Butler model shop lighten my wallet by £40.00

Buying platform lamps, a stack of brutes, sacks, cases, and other sundry items.

I have been building a dormer loft conversion all weekend so to chill out I did an hours detailing to finish on the bench.

This is the Bachmann brutes with a small piece of blue masking tape, ( same as I used for the strapping webbing earlier) cut to represent vinyl sheeting on the brutes, I then so rumpled up some normal masking tape about 1 1/2" long by 1" sticky side outward into small round parcel sack shapes and bulked out the trolley, the put some merit type GPO sacks on the top, which I sprayed with humbrol dark earth to tone them down first.

I had a load of pallets so to make up clutter on the back scene any tatt I could find was glued to a pallet and then a small piece of masking stuck over to replicate a tarpaulin, this will be weathered with the humbrol airosol as well.

post-9901-0-65715500-1399841391_thumb.jpg

post-9901-0-46483100-1399841405_thumb.jpg

The hideous back scene will have Night time photographs of a town centre installed, this follows a brief chat with chris Nevard, and then with the local bloke who runs the picture framing shop in penarth, Villas Kuksa, I've know him for years from when we share a job wearing tall hats around gods waiting room. Ah, the good old days, shabbies night club in the old penarth cinema. 1986-1988.

Well anyway. The paddle of rebuke appeared then.........

He can get me a max A3 size picture on his printer, so I recon three pictures will kill the back scene. The front boards have been cut to restrict the view but they are only in hardboard at the moment and are a guide only but they certainly focus the view onto the layout and create obstruction to the eye causing you to move to follow the movement. More later as I need to change computers for the other hard drive.

wow what an update in so many aspects, and in regards too your what stock I can use, you answered your own questions as a location point depending on local traffic use, and as you say local rail works about then stock would be stabled in empty space available. keep the great updated coming.

Archived