First time I have seen the road clear right back to the far turning point

wonder if they are expecting some tippers anytime soon

Had a furniture van & box trailer down there more than once, in the past,

Interesting turning down there

Should be a doddle for the tippers

post-22449-0-92605500-1397312438_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Bit premature, in fact. There will be a spate tamp the week after next, then the speed will be removed (NMT not required for that). This NMT run will be a standard, pre-planned monitoring/compliance trip.

Indeed. She runs down to Plymouth every other Friday! Get's maintenance out the cabin and gives them something to do. :jester:  :mosking:

That trench is about up to their hips,

looks unfilled until you go back to the kink in the black pipe

I guess that further back from that point the trench is infilled with clean stone that will drain well?

The large white wrapped pipes seen earlier, appear to drain into the trench at a lower level

whie Geo laid on top of stone

pipe laid on that

& covered with red sand?

before final stone infil is laid?

post-22449-0-13425800-1397316646_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Off Topic - my son's girlfriend went for a part-time job interview which would involve entertaining kids at an entertainment venue. She was asked "Can you make balloon animals"; she replied "Yes, snakes". She got the job.

Persuade her to look in on here, at the 'Big Red Spidery Thing'.... If she could produce that, out of balloons, then, she could, not only entertain the kids (and us), but also get a job as President Obama's Sign Language Interpreter ?...... :sungum:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Interesting combo not long gone past, a 143(?) and a 153

A fairly frequent combination down this way, various mixes of 143, 150 and 153 on the local trains. As someone mentioned further back, the lack of a through gangway when 143s run in multi with others makes the conductors work difficult; I reckon the 153 should be marshalled in between the 143 coaches to give access all the way through! :O

I know which unit out of the 143+153 I'd choose to travel in.... ;)

A fairly frequent combination down this way, various mixes of 143, 150 and 153 on the local trains. As someone mentioned further back, the lack of a through gangway when 143s run in multi with others makes the conductors work difficult; I reckon the 153 should be marshalled in between the 143 coaches to give access all the way through! :O

I know which unit out of the 143+153 I'd choose to travel in.... ;)

yes neither of them  ha ha

• RMweb Gold

:offtopic:

I actually quite like the 153s as there's far more window area compared to 150s (where the seats near the doors have no view at all) and they obviously ride better than 143s.

My introduction to DMUs anonymous - "Hello, my name is Richard & I like class 153s...."   :scratchhead:

• Like 1

I actually quite like the 153s as there's far more window area compared to 150s (where the seats near the doors have no view at all) and they obviously ride better than 143s.

My introduction to DMUs anonymous - "Hello, my name is Richard & I like class 153s...."   :scratchhead:

Hi Rich,

At least it is better than a 142!

Chris

I'm actually quite fond of the whole of the Sprinter family, there's something about the smaller lines and stations that they work that usually means I'm off on an adventure when I get on one.

Marcus.