American Z scale

Im not going to model it but at least you'd get some chance to model scale (ish) length trains like this guy--

And this guy

Amazing models. anyone doing this in the UK?

WARNING see my other post , dont look at American ZLine web page as its got a severe virus.

MP

Thanks  for  yr  post,  I am   currently  building  a (nother) N Gauge  USA  layout.

But  have  thought  about  Z gauge  The  USA  range  availabilty  seem  to be  expanding ( see www.americanzline.com      )

I have  built a couple  of  Europen outlins  z  Gauge  layouts in the  past  and  they  worked  succesfully,  you can  get  an impressive  layout  in a 12' x 2' space

I found  that  working  with  Z  was  not much more difficult  than  N gauge, one soon gets  used to the  smaller size.

I've seen some US Z locos on Ebay... :O I've paid a lot less for most of my O Scale locos!!

Admittedly, my 'scale length' trains have to be based on Short Line practice more than Class 1... :blush: ;)

Well what scale would Z work out as if O were 1/1?? a Garden railway>?

I saw a small US Z gauge layout at a recent show. I was impressed that the stock had working magnetic knuckle couplers.

If I were going to scale down from American HO, I might well give N a miss and go to Z. It's just the cost that would put me off. And DCC sound would be a bit of a challenge!

Archived