Intermountain & Athearn N Gauge Artic, Sound locos

I am considering  purchasing  an N gauge  articulated steam  loco with  sound,  I am looking  at  Intermountain  and  Athern  as  being  potential sources, I was  windering  if  any one  has  purchased one  or  has any info on them?

Have you looked at Spookshow's reviews? Here is the steam section of his Locomotive Encyclopedia.

http://www.spookshow.net/locolist.php?steam=1&nonbrass=3&sortby=4&Submit=Submit

The only artic I have is the Lifelike/Walthers 2-8-8-2 in its non-sound DCC variety. It is a very good runner.

Adrian

Thanks  Adrian..

The  link  has  given  me  some  very  interesting  info,  more  pondering  to  do!!

Steve

• RMweb Gold

I have one of the first runs of the Athearn Challenger with sound and it is good. I believe that the newer ones have a Tsunami sound decoder in them which will be even better.

The Ho scale Inter-mountain Cab Forwards have Tsunami sound decoders and they are superb.

Ian

I have one of the first runs of the Athearn Challenger with sound and it is good. I believe that the newer ones have a Tsunami sound decoder in them which will be even better.

The Ho scale Inter-mountain Cab Forwards have Tsunami sound decoders and they are superb.

Ian

Tsunami  sound  decoders  are  superb, I think  they outperfom sound  decoders in UK outline  locos,  I have  a  few  0n30 locos  with  them in and i dont  think they can be faulted.

Archived