P87 Stores (incl. HO and other scales) / Andy Reichert

Am I the last to know this?

Andy Reichert has made considerable improvements to his P87 Stores website. It is more logical and easier to navigate.

Andy doesn't just manufacture track and turnout kits for P87 but also HO (for so-called "code 88" wheelsets) plus other scales.

http://www.proto87.com/index.html

If anyone wants to add to this their constructive experiences of making/using such products please do so. I have been in contact with Andy in the past and found him friendly, accessible and knowledgeable.

I have absolutely no other connection with P87 Stores or Andy Reichert.

Best, Pete.

Yup, very nice stuff. I just wish there was a UK based vendor for this sort of thing (US outline of course). I hate having to deal with customs and RM handling charges etc. That's what has stopped me from using these items in any of my modelling thus far.

Yup, very nice stuff. I just wish there was a UK based vendor for this sort of thing (US outline of course). I hate having to deal with customs and RM handling charges etc. That's what has stopped me from using these items in any of my modelling thus far.

With RM and HMRC it is bullet you have to bite.  It makes you master of your own destiny regarding ordering.  The worse case I've had was when I got two empty foam lined boxes from Reboxx.  I think the fact that they were empty apart from some foam, wound them up.

I've currently got a loco in the states having some mods and it will be declared as such when it returns, let's see what they make of that.

I'm not finding the new web site much easier than the last tbh.  More pictures of things, perhaps?  Having spent what felt like weeks finding and bookmarking bits off the old website, now I have to start again!

The shed people are supposed to be returning next week to remedy the damp/leakage issue and then who know, maybe finally I'll be able to leave the armchair behind!  I'm itching to get on with the new pike, and finish off some of Andy's turnout kits.  (I'm using DW cast frogs and guard rails though, for the bolt head detail)

Actually, I'll probably just end up moving the armchair to the shed...

:)

Archived