SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Keep the top line remarks coming chaps and in that way maybe we will normalise this whole weirdness (and I am not talking about DCC). Mr Fried Small Rodents…. that syndrome about kits is very common. How do I know this? 

image.png.fd378c6115698815f35432347e82dce7.png

Phil

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

that syndrome about kits is very common. How do I know this? 

Whilst the local scumbags were fighting over toilet rolls in Tesco I was panic buying two Bogie Bolster E kits and a Borail as the wagon stash was getting a bit depleted. I think there were only three Catfish, a Mica B which is to become a Tevan if I can ever find out what colour it would be in 1957-1960 and a Plate which is to be built as an S&T Winkle.

Not sure what I'm going to do for coach building after I've put the Stones Ventilators in the LMS Vestibule Set and finished off the Gresley TO. There are several potential donors in a box  under the layout (Ambulance Car to LMS BG and GWR Siphon G conversions plus two Palethorpes 50' Sausage Vans already planned) plus some more Gresley bits waiting a suitable donors (local toy fair cancelled so delay there) and two NPCCS kits to sort out. 

With that lot I could do with Social Distancing continuing for at least a year, even before I do something completely radical and actually finish the layout.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

Not really practical to paint and put the transfers on at the start of a cut'n'shut

2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Excuses!

Quite so, Stu. This is a typical engineering response "Can't be done!"

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

Yum! I managed to panic buy a pack of them when trying to stock my freezer for self-isolation. Looking forward to them. We used to have them a fair bit when my son was younger but we had to call them English meatballs and hide the pack because we knew he wouldn't eat faggots....

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

a Mica B which is to become a Tevan if I can ever find out what colour it would be in 1957-1960

If it's a Tea Van it would have to be brown shirley?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Are Fritters fried?  When I were a lad we used to fry Faggots, so I suppose anything is possible.

Ddx-viVVMAAKRVs.jpg.109b65761c6443932fbb13a5639dc614.jpg

"Rich West Country Sauce"

Plenty of that on this this topic.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

I was born in Scotland and grew up in the west country. I eat faggots and haggis. 

I don't have your excuse. And nor do I feel the need to have one. What could be wrong with liking such great comfort foods? Have a friend near Bath who makes superb faggots. Won't advertise here but if anyone wants the address...

2 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Hog's pudding and white pudding too?

I don't know Hog's pudding. I have never been that keen on Scottish White Pudding ("Mealie Jimmy") but French Boudin Blanc can be superb.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Are Fritters fried?  When I were a lad we used to fry Faggots, so I suppose anything is possible.

Ddx-viVVMAAKRVs.jpg.109b65761c6443932fbb13a5639dc614.jpg

When did they acquire the 'Mr'? They used to be just Brain's faggots. Presumably people thought that was just too offal.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Can you get vegetarian or vegan faggots, then?

Ey Up !

Eeee a real belter......

263bbc88a4c835e8bed925c508bfef41.jpg.1e844a0004af40caed19b499d1ad20d2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

'Ordinary' Haggis is off menu for us GF persons, as are so many other products where, for some reason, they have to stuff Barley Malt Extract or other crap in the stuff. Mars Bars have Barley Malt Extract in...……..pah!

As for Fritters being fried, I thought they were battered things like years ago at School they used to do Spam Fritters. Never liked that much and it was probably that the batter was a bit greasy and I was probably reacting to stuff like that years before I were diagnosed.

Other stuff like Black Pudding and even Tinned Tomatoes need to be checked for 'banned substances). PITA really. 

Lack of effort here at Duck Towers at the moment; I need to get a grip.

P

• Friendly/supportive 5