SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

I was given a free ticket to see The Grecians play this affo.

I accompanied my son who watches as many games as he can get too, most enjoyable to sit with him and get cold knees / feet and hands into the bargain !

Well, as an impartial onlooker I was disgusted at the quality of refereeing ( yeah I know we all say they are **%%$£@ etc ) but this one must have had a lift with Morecombe !

I have never heard so many "fans' on both sides boo and hiss ( plus other stuff ! ) at the man in black with such passion, and dya know what ? I agree. He spoiled what was to my eyes an enjoyable game. Even the linesman at one point nodded his head !!!

Anyway, I did enjoy my hot chocolate.

M.Akesachange

Thaks BG. I had forgotten how much detail there is in that pic, despite the desolation.

I shall have some clickety clackety and even that 'Stubby' Hut will vibrate when a proper job engine roars through. However, I witnessed some time of the final years of the 50s on the Exeters when I was doing some Supply Teaching near Surbiton, (just before I told the authorities to stuff their reorganised Primary Ed up their lack of resources pipe). They couldn't half shift and what a noise as well. Real DCC sound that was. Please note the Arthur with 11 on with exclusive proper job sound chip and smoke generator, compared to 50 with 9 and 47 with 6 just droning really !!!!!!!!!!!

Off up The Junction to take some pics for your education and enjoyment.

Ar$£

There was I expecting a couple of boring old diesels when out of the East a Sir arrives complete with an appropriate rake of green carriages.  Going quite well too by the looks of it and where it should be on home rails and not on some pithy little preservation line :biggrin_mini2: .  Always nice to see correct trains on the appropriate tracks and local concrete products still around on the station.

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I accompanied my son who watches as many games as he can get too, most enjoyable to sit with him and get cold knees / feet and hands into the bargain !

Well, as an impartial onlooker I was disgusted at the quality of refereeing ( yeah I know we all say they are **%%$£@ etc ) but this one must have had a lift with Morecombe !

I have never heard so many "fans' on both sides boo and hiss ( plus other stuff ! ) at the man in black with such passion, and dya know what ? I agree. He spoiled what was to my eyes an enjoyable game. Even the linesman at one point nodded his head !!!

M.Akesachange

You must have been in the posh seats. It was Bovril when I used to go to the football.

Back on topic:

http://www.vintageadds.co.uk/uploads/8/2/2/8/8228112/7772747_orig.jpg

http://www.vintageadds.co.uk/uploads/8/2/2/8/8228112/2178966_orig.jpg

http://www.vintageadds.co.uk/uploads/8/2/2/8/8228112/868305_orig.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

M.Akesachange

What's worse than being given a free ticket to see Exeter City? Two free tickets of course!!!!!! :nono:  :sungum:  :onthequiet:

• Like 1

The Branch replacement. Spot the difference (not including glue pots etc.)

Well, after a long, careful study of the photos I reckon I've got the answer - the signal box has gone!

Regarding the other main topic of discussion, never mind Argyle's failure to throw it away at Sarfend - what about the unexpected win my lot got at Pompey?  That really was a turnip in the woodpile.

• RMweb Premium

I have never heard so many "fans' on both sides boo and hiss ( plus other stuff ! ) at the man in black with such passion, 

He went down a storm at Folsom.  You must have caught him on an off day.

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine,

I keep my eyes wide open all the time.....

• RMweb Premium

You are all daft as a brush.

Devonsesider has got closest so far, however he neglected to mention the two trains in the second pic. Must be because this thread does not include modelling  :mosking:

Today I shall be mainly refixing the Branch Platform face (I think).

P

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Devonsesider has got closest so far, however he neglected to mention the two trains in the second pic. Must be because this thread does not include modelling  :mosking:

P

Oi I said in a PM that you had removed Horseradish Jones's signal box. Where is he going to practice his steel drumming? Horocskford? Haverfordwest?

• RMweb Premium

Oi I said in a PM that you had removed Horseradish Jones's signal box. Where is he going to practice his steel drumming? Horocskford? Haverfordwest?

Ah, there was a Cloaking Device in operation around the Box in the second photo, similar to that used by Rick Wakeman so he is no longer seen in Yes. Sorry Clive, should have mentioned that that is one of the advantages of DCC. Practice place?

Probably Hassocks.

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

P

I didn't see any turnips.  :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

I shall go and dive into the froth of fate immediately; thank you for the tip lifebelt thingy.

Ar$£

Absolutely nothing in it for me, despite my wallet and credit card being consumed by Satan's flaming breath and my wishlist being as long as a Dragon's dic#.

However I may just sniff the Birdcages and see if the gritty floors are worth a look. The 009 stuff looks like fun if one was to be considering a full size Devonport Dockyard with real warships.

Ar$£

• Like 1

That C class is lovely but alas I shall not be spending my pocket money on one.

Probably like most Bachmans, a cracking looker but a 75% chance it will be a rubbish runner , especially at low speed.

• RMweb Gold

Probably like most Bachmans, a cracking looker but a 75% chance it will be a rubbish runner , especially at low speed.

I have virtually all Bachman locos, steam and diesel, and only one has been a poor runner (an 03 diesel).

• Like 1

Wow another pretty pannier in that lovely red livery with "Routemaster Bus" transfers...... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

You seem to forget that one part of London Transport painted it's buses in an approximation of G*R green until they got NBC'd, :sungum:  :sungum:

724 'arlow to 'eathrow

Edited by vaughan45

• RMweb Gold

I've 20+ and non have running issue's most of the time when repairing them for friends it a user problem.

• RMweb Gold

C'est terrible. Je have le petite Bachmann Pannier. Ça fonctionne comme un rêve. C'est bon.

Rob.

• Like 1