SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

I'm having trouble deciding which one to get.

At the moment, it looks like it might be this one. I like the shade of blue and I'm assuming that the 'Fina' markings can be removed fairly easily:

post-57-0-50381500-1517413119.jpg

Otherwise the livery is spot-on for the Vale of Radnor Light Railway in the period 1960 - 1961.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Sat on the platform, on a cold, metal seat.

Looking forwards to warmth, and something to eat.

'Harry Patch' is in, soon to depart,

Still serving his country, still playing his part.

Brunel sits alone, surveying the scene.

Hearing the whistles, watching them clean.

The birds fly around, looking for food,

The passengers bustle, trying not to be rude.

Bicycles sit, row upon row,

Tied to the racks with nowhere to go.

A garbled voice forms the public address,

A blue train glides in, the Heathrow Express.

More trains come and go, it's busy, then hush,

As people flock past, all in a rush.

Above all of this, majestic and tall

The Paddington arches, protecting us all.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Sat at the platform, on a cold, metal seat.

Looking forwards to warmth, and something to eat.

'Harry Patch' is in, soon to depart,

Still serving his country, still playing his part.

Brunel sits alone, surveying the scene.

Hearing the whistles, watching them clean.

The birds fly around, looking for food,

The passengers bustle, trying not to be rude.

Bicycles sit, row upon row,

Tied to the racks with nowhere to go.

A garbled voice forms the public address,

A blue train glides in, the Heathrow Express.

More trains come and go, it's busy, then hush,

As people flock past, all in a rush.

Above all of this, majestic and tall

The Paddington arches, protecting us all.

1603 not yet boarded, then?

• RMweb Premium

Yea, me footprint has just arrived and it isn't bented. Ta Subbers, excellent bit of work me old flower. I might just make a cardboard cut out building shape to fit on it; that could be challenging but fun.That would give us 3D rather than 2D and an impression of volume (if that's the word?)

I'd have come down on the prestiege line Stubbs and changed at St David's, that halt on the bottom of Exeter. You could then have sniffed Honiton Tunnel and still got the fishy smell of Dawlish. 

Safe journey and just pretend there is a Castle up front.

Phlangesqueal.

• Like 3

That does seem a good idea Mr Philduck.

Actually if you listen to Flanders and Swann's albums At the Drop of a Hat and At the drop of Another Hat, the banter in between the songs could have been recorded last week never mind the best part of 60 years ago.  Being the - er - person - that i am, I bought the CDs a couple of years ago.

Last week we took our little grandson to the local nature reserve.  Whilst we were there I watched a load of Mallards in the lake. There were 19 males and 3 females.  Was I wrong to be surprised by this ? 

And why when you buy a pack of Preiser peacocks are there 2 males, one female and a turkey ?  Baffles me that one..

• RMweb Gold

I was going to make a cardboard building..... oh well, best make a good job of instead.

Tru-Padd and Padd-Tru - only 30 notes each way, sat up near the loco in the posh seats.

Wouldn't recognise Honiton Caterpillar from on board anyway.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That does seem a good idea Mr Philduck.

Actually if you listen to Flanders and Swann's albums At the Drop of a Hat and At the drop of Another Hat, the banter in between the songs could have been recorded last week never mind the best part of 60 years ago.  Being the - er - person - that i am, I bought the CDs a couple of years ago.

Last week we took our little grandson to the local nature reserve.  Whilst we were there I watched a load of Mallards in the lake. There were 19 males and 3 females.  Was I wrong to be surprised by this ? 

And why when you buy a pack of Preiser peacocks are there 2 males, one female and a turkey ?  Baffles me that one..

Bl##dy Turky. Tries to get in all the packaging; no control at all.

I'm now going to have to find that Flanders and Swann song, before I forget to look (no that's not the name of a song).

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I was going to make a cardboard building..... oh well, best make a good job of instead.

Tru-Padd and Padd-Tru - only 30 notes each way, sat up near the loco in the posh seats.

You'd av ad a Packet on toher route...............shame.

I suspect thee's building might be just a wee bit better than any cardboard, cornflakes pack thing I do. If you made it out of cake we could eat it at a later date. 

P

• RMweb Premium

You would have seen  Salisbury, Templecombe and Axminster though. Nice.

P

• RMweb Gold

Arrive where, Robin? I think he's already at Paddington. I'm hoping he's forsaken the lovely roof for somewhere warmer to wait!

I'd like to do Paddington to Penzance one day when funds permit as I imagine it costs an arm or leg.

• RMweb Gold

Sadly the IC 125 allocate to the Hind is due to be replaced with a 802 whatever that is..

Mike that would be VG if you can get the gen on Winny. Lovely that the chap is still with us. Thank you.

Phil

Alas my son won't be seeing him this weekend as the lad is off pub exploring in Bulgaria - so I'll have to try to remember next week.  But in the meanwhile you can read Jamie's (Jim's) own words here - strange that different folk knew him by different names over the years hence he's always 'Jamie' to me although most of the Nine Elms 'old boys' now him as 'Jim'

http://svsfilm.com/nineelms/wcf.htm